Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I wonder if they're back to focusing on Chychrun. Left hand shot, signed at a reasonable amount, seems to be an opportunity to grab him away from a division rival. Puljujarvi and then two firsts seems like a reasonable start? Maybe a first and a second?

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

"Winger Raphael Lavoie has gone from suspect to strong prospect with his recent hot streak in Bakersfield. He had 12 goals in a 20-game stretch going into the Condors’ Tuesday game against San Diego Gulls."

Reactions: nexttothemoon

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I wonder if they're back to focusing on Chychrun. Left hand shot, signed at a reasonable amount, seems to be an opportunity to grab him away from a division rival. Puljujarvi and then two firsts seems like a reasonable start? Maybe a first and a second?

Something like Bouchard + JP (or Foegele) + a 1st ? for 50% Chychrun would be interesting. I dont know though lol

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Just setting the tone so people arent dissapointed when Holland is done.
If we brought in kane for puljujarvi I doubt people would be disappointed. That would be a substantial upgrade.

Yes the defense needs an upgrade but unless it’s Chychrun or karlsson I’m not sure anything else we have heard would be that much of an improvement.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
If we brought in kane for puljujarvi I doubt people would be disappointed. That would be a substantial upgrade.

Yes the defense needs an upgrade but unless it’s Chychrun or karlsson I’m not sure anything else we have heard would be that much of an improvement.

I agree its a substantial upgrade.

People will still complain though.

Agreed on the defense.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
It's favorable trading four 1st round picks to run a short roster?

The Kane trade at the very least is going to cost what Toronto paid for their package, which was the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. We also have to account for salary moving out. Trading Foegele would cost capital.
I think Foegele has value. 26yo and players of his ilk can take longer to hit their stride offensively. He is on pace to live up to his contract, and having a contract year next year, could probably fetch a team a pick next deadline. At least thats how I'd sell it to other teams.

And I think its favourable to put the best team on the ice we can, for a shot at the cup with one of the most offensively stacked teams of the cap era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad