Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So if San Jose doesn’t want to play ball there is no ball game.
They need to being the cap hit to 8.5 at least. Really more like 8

It is interesting that SJ only wants to take it to 9.2, basically Nurse's same cap hit

Although maybe I'm okay with the 20% being the "free" retention, just as the cost of business. So maybe if we add more to deal they could do another million

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
If the sharks wont trade Karlsson, Garvikov is going to Boston and Chychrun goes to LA who does that leave for Edmonton?

Not a whole lot out there.

Reactions: MessierII

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If the Sharks still want something like 3 1st rounders for EK at 20% just tell them to shove it and work on something else.

If they don’t want to move him the one season in the past 5 that’s he’s actually worth something then so be it.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
If the Sharks still want something like 3 1st rounders for EK at 20% just tell them to shove it and work on something else.

If they don’t want to move him the one season in the past 5 that’s he’s actually worth something then so be it.

San Jose is dreaming. Karlsson at his current contract would pass through waivers and has negative value.

Ok why is that exactly? I thought if you traded for a guy on LTIR you could exceed the cap by his full amount no?
It doesnt really work that way. If the Oilers are already in LTIR they cant just add more LTIR for unlimited cap space.

You can try to get under the cap using gymnastics and sending down guys then put guys on LTIR to try and maximize it.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

just-get-it-done-mad.gif

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
With Washington slowly dropping out of the playoff race (still time to recover but they are trending slowly down)... I could see several D options from the Caps being of interest.

They have no signed dmen for next season except Carlson.

Dmitry Orlov is the obvious name... not sure if he'd re-sign in Edmonton... but if the cost was reasonable (and the Caps retain say 50%... he'd be a decent pickup even if it's just for 1 playoff run). Orlov has a 5 team no-trade list though and I'd assume Oilers are on it.

Erik Gustafsson is someone I could see Holland being interested in as a cheap rental that should cost very little to acquire. Another decent offense-1st puck-mover who's having a solid year. I've always thought he's underrated... especially at his rock bottom cap hit. Basically a much cheaper Ghostisbehere.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
San Jose is dreaming. Karlsson at his current contract would pass through waivers and has negative value.

It doesnt really work that way. If the Oilers are already in LTIR they cant just add more LTIR for unlimited cap space.

You can try to get under the cap using gymnastics and sending down guys then put guys on LTIR to try and maximize it.
Ok I’m super confused as to how this works then because I remember the Leafs trading for LTIR the past two seasons and being able to exceed the cap by that amount. I must be missing something I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad