Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
You understand this advanced stat stuff way more than me clearly but doesn’t Ceci play way more minutes against way better competition?
Our sheltered guys basically have the best xgf%. What I would like to go look up is how other teams top 3/4 dmen rank in xgf% compared to ours, while playing top competition.

That is the thing with advanced stats. Goaltending comes into play. Forwards come into play. Too many different factors for everybody

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You understand this advanced stat stuff way more than me clearly but doesn’t Ceci play way more minutes against way better competition?
He does... but he doesn't do it very well.

Nurse's stats also see a steep drop off with Ceci and a sharp rise with literally anyone else.

I don't dislike Ceci but it's pretty clear to me he's drowning on the top pairing.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
And on the 3rd goal, and I know that Mackinnon has a great shot, you absolutely have to stop that shot from that far out with zero traffic near you. The Oilers would have won the Detroit and Colorado games with average goaltending. Two of the better games they played in this rough stretch.
As soon as that goal went in, I knew the Oilers were going to OT. You just can't let that shot in at the beginning of the period.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
One of these things is not like the other.

Since the calendar rolled over to 2023:

Bouchard has been on for 18 goals for and 8 against.

Ceci has been on for 14 for and 18 against.

Every advanced stat there is shows Bouchard is doing extremely well and Ceci is really struggling.

Fair enough. I'd also put Ceci well above Bouchard in terms of players that need to get their shit together.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
One of these things is not like the other.

Since the calendar rolled over to 2023:

Bouchard has been on for 18 goals for and 8 against.

Ceci has been on for 14 for and 18 against.

Every advanced stat there is shows Bouchard is doing extremely well and Ceci is really struggling.
Sssshhhhhh- we don’t believe facts around here- it’s what I think that matters more

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
He does... but he doesn't do it very well.

Nurse's stats also see a steep drop off with Ceci and a sharp rise with literally anyone else.

I don't dislike Ceci but it's pretty clear to me he's drowning on the top pairing.

At the moment Ceci is everything we chastise Bouchard for without the benefit of being able to handle or pass the puck.

He's getting absolutely murdered on the forecheck, but is also struggling to handle the puck at a basic level. Straight up insane that at this point in the season him and Nurse haven't been tried with different partners based on the results.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Fair enough. I'd also put Ceci well above Bouchard in terms of players that need to get their shit together.
Barrie needs to deployed in the second pair. He's struggling against apex competition and Nurse is a challenging partner to play with - a lot of high risk and chaos in his game. I've long said this team's highest priority is a 1RD strong veteran player to stabilize top pair.

Ceci is a solid support d-man who's slotted too high on an average platoon d-corp.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Not good for Makar - no one wants to see this type of stuff (except maybe Kaptah).

JK...but kind of on the nose so to speak.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006

crocodile dundee.gif

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Barrie needs to deployed in the second pair. He's struggling against apex competition and Nurse is a challenging partner to play with - a lot of high risk and chaos in his game. I've long said this team's highest priority is a 1RD strong veteran player to stabilize top pair.

Ceci is a solid support d-man who's slotted too high on an average platoon d-corp.

100%

The year long discussion around the need for a left shot top 4 D has always been a massive red herring IMO. The left side, although not perfect, isn't a major problem. It's the right side and it's always been the right side. It's why Desharnais made an instant impact. Took defensive situational play for 12 mins per night away from the other three, none of which can be relied on whatsoever to handle it.

When we are talking about Tyson Barrie and a 26 year old 7th round draft pick that has played a dozen games in the league as your most dependable defensive options you know you have a major problem.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Reactions: DynamiteKid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad