Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Well we may as well close this thread n
EK is not coming here, way too many hurdles.

-he has a NMC, I don't he agreeing to a trade that lands him with this team.
-his contract, both in terms of AVV and years left. We are so tight to the cap, SJ would have to retain 30% min, the most ever on a deal that's over 2 years long.
-the acquisition price, a combination of first round picks, prospects, Barrie, Bouchard, Halloway, Jesse P, ect. - This is not how Holland operates.

It would be fun to see, but I don't see any chance of it happening.
Delete

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
But but give Ken holland some time. There’s still two weeks! Be patientttttt.

I hope some of you will f***ing finally understand why the oilers need to make a major move to fix this D now considering they just bled another 2 points away. Mr 5 million a year can do his f***ing job any time now and pull the trigger on Karlsson or Chychrun.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Holland can wake up anytime now. EK would have easily helped up in any of the last three games we have played in
The more I watch of them though, the more I think this team has so many holes, he won't be able to move the needle enough.

Reactions: Magnum23

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
It's pretty bad when we have GM that values his draft picks over winning.

Obviously he knows something that we all done and a rebuild is coming.

McDavid is gone after this season.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Who needs a player that can contribute and help win now when we can have first name last name drafted in round 5 of year 2024 to finally develop and help in year 2029! Oh oops, both McDrai will be gone by then!

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
If your team is teetering on the edge, no one trade is going to make you a contender. Add that to the fact that this team has no cap space, the outlook is grim.

Another McDrai season wasted. The best this team can hope for is some playoff experience. That is the sad reality.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Ken's ready to pull the trigger on Jonathan Toews. Just because Toews has been in poor health for the last 3 years won't faze him.

Reactions: Biltmore

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
If your team is teetering on the edge, no one trade is going to make you a contender. Add that to the fact that this team has no cap space, the outlook is grim.

Another McDrai season wasted. The best this team can hope for is some playoff experience. That is the sad reality.
criminal at this point.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
XtM9L6h_d.webp

Must be why it’s been nauseating watching this team lately

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Do it. Fix this mistake

To BUF: Campbell, Schaefer and a 2025 1st

To EDM: Hinostroza, Bjork and Anderson

Then move a 2023 & 2025 3rd round picks to Ottawa for Talbot.

Skinner, Anderson, Talbot down the stretch

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I keep reading trade offers for this guy with a bummed hip that guy with a bummed back some guys that are sick 24/7. Can holland trade for a player not applying for their old age pension or ready for the glue factory?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
The more I watch of them though, the more I think this team has so many holes, he won't be able to move the needle enough.

I'd buy this point of view if we didn't just see an AHL call up make a massive difference on the back end.

The Oil don't need to add world beaters** to find consistency, they need to trim the fat on offence, and actually dress a few guys that are above just "competent defensively".

(** Not saying I'm opposed to a Karlson, Orlov, or Chychrun.)

At the moment, hording expensive depth forwards and pure OFDs is what's hurting them. Just moving on from one (or two, or all three) of the 3 mil forwards and decide on just one pure OFD (So Bouchard) would help a ton.

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
McLeod-Drai-Yams
Kostin-RNH-Janmark
Holloway-Ryan-Lavoie/Foegele

Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Bouchard
Broberg-Vinny

Just trimming the fat upfront and dropping to just one pure OFD has the roster looking far better and more balanced.

This is the point they need to get to - id'ing who is actually important to the roster - and then upgrade from there (looking at Yam's plus Bouchard/Ceci's spots).

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
If that's the case, then all of HFfuture is a waste of time.
We're all here to talk hockey in one way or another.

Never say never when it comes to trades.

Well, these are things that are in the realm of possibility and worthy of being discussed and those that aren’t. Campbell being traded by the TDL is literally 0% and not worth even pondering.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

Oh please Connor has repeatedly stated he signed 8 years and he plans to finish his 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad