Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Well, these are things that are in the realm of possibility and worthy of being discussed and those that aren’t. Campbell being traded by the TDL is literally 0% and not worth even pondering.

While the odds are low, I will disagree with that.

I never thought I'd see Pronger as an Oiler, and boom one day it happened.
Ask me back then the odds before that happened. Never say never.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Well this thread heating up again. ;)

Relax people. Its all good.

2 losses and getting points against the Rangers and AV's two of the best teams in the league isn't the worst thing. A little less panic and less panic deal proposals.
There’s a big difference between getting points against those teams and blowing three goal leads to both of them and losing.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I keep reading trade offers for this guy with a bummed hip that guy with a bummed back some guys that are sick 24/7. Can holland trade for a player not applying for their old age pension or ready for the glue factory?
Kane scored 2 goals last game one just now against TML..
The guy with bummed hip would be our best forward at ES

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'd buy this point of view if we didn't just see an AHL call up make a massive difference on the back end.

The Oil don't need to add world beaters** to find consistency, they need to trim the fat on offence, and actually dress a few guys that are above just "competent defensively".

(** Not saying I'm opposed to a Karlson, Orlov, or Chychrun.)

At the moment, hording expensive depth forwards and pure OFDs is what's hurting them. Just moving on from one (or two, or all three) of the 3 mil forwards and decide on just one pure OFD (So Bouchard) would help a ton.

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
McLeod-Drai-Yams
Kostin-RNH-Janmark
Holloway-Ryan-Lavoie/Foegele

Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Bouchard
Broberg-Vinny

Just trimming the fat upfront and dropping to just one pure OFD has the roster looking far better and more balanced.

This is the point they need to get to - id'ing who is actually important to the roster - and then upgrade from there (looking at Yam's plus Bouchard/Ceci's spots).
We're going nowhere with that defence that's listed. At least 3 guys punching way above their weight class.

Reactions: FunkyChicken

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
While the odds are low, I will disagree with that.

I never thought I'd see Pronger as an Oiler, and boom one day it happened.
Ask me back then the odds before that happened. Never say never.
Has a team ever signed a player to a long term contract and traded them in year 1?
Hearing alot of trade talk between us and Calgary, not sure if it ever actually happens

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
There’s a big difference between getting points against those teams and blowing three goal leads to both of them and losing.
Sure. Blowing leads also means getting leads. It also means we got 2 pts in really tough games against teams that can fill the net for fun. Oilers played well today. Its a lot of work playing against an opponent and the officating crew at the same time. Thats a lot of work.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Has a team ever signed a player to a long term contract and traded them in year 1?
Hearing alot of trade talk between us and Calgary, not sure if it ever actually happens

Odds are bad, but considering its a win now window I can see something happening in the offseason. This guy isn't the one.

Skinner could be, and the only reason to remain calm.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
We're going nowhere with that defence that's listed. At least 3 guys punching way above their weight class.
Nurse seems to be the only one.
Broberg and Kulak have looked just as good if not Better than Nurse yet he keeps getting played 28mins/night

Reactions: frag2

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Sure. Blowing leads also means getting leads. It also means we got 2 pts in really tough games against teams that can fill the net for fun. Oilers played well today. Its a lot of work playing against an opponent and the officating crew at the same time. Thats a lot of work.

Yeah, hate to complain about it but it could be said the reffing was difference between regulation wins and OT losses both games.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Having in your mind that no lead is safe enough is not something a group can win with. No excuse for not closing out games with such leads. Oilers should be ashamed of the result even when there were plenty of positives today

Reactions: Echodek and guymez

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Calgary out of a spot for the next two to three hours anyway

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
my worry is that Holland is going to make a panic trade and we’re getting some of that sweet sweet Edmundson

Reactions: Darkwinter

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Calgary out of a spot for the next two to three hours anyway
A CGY loss is pretty much a win for us... These 2 Alberta teams would be fighting for the last wildcard spot.

my worry is that Holland is going to make a panic trade and we’re getting some of that sweet sweet Edmundson
And who would he play ahead of? Kulak is better, Broberg and Nurse as well.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Literally Ken Holland as he watches his team blow another consecutive lead and his D is floundering with Nurse and Ceci being the main culprit once again.

sleepy.gif

Who needs defensive help anyways? Worst GM in the f***ing league.

Reactions: Sanchez and Wreckus

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I'll agree with that.

That's why I had Ceci and Bouchard as upgrade targets in my post. I'm honestly happy with either as my 2nd pairing RHD, but there need to be a clear upgrade above them on the right side.

Nurse-Parayko (dream fit as a defensive defenceman)
Kulak-Bouchard
Broberg-Vinny

Nurse-Karlsson
Kulak-Ceci
Broberg-Vinny

Just get a true 1st pairing defenceman, both an OFD or a DFD would do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad