Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
JP and the Oilers have had the strangest relationship ever

Its like Machine Gun Kelly and Meghan Fox

As fun as Patrick Kane would be, I don't know how anyone watches those last 2 games and thinks "this team coukd use even more offense. Maybe someone who isn't great defensively!"

A high end dman with term, preferably Karlsson, has to remain the focus here

Might be better going for Karlsson and Kane. Majority of forwards don’t want to player defense anyway.

Reactions: leopoldbstotch

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
At this rate, I think I’d prefer we do nothing. We are still not good enough to be a true contender from what I’ve seen. We throw games away, wait 1/2 the game to show up, I think our best move is to keep our picks and just see where the chips fall. I’m also afraid of what Holland is going to deem an upgrade worth coughing up a 1st for.

That you Kenny? The team isn't good enough, so why try anything, right? Better to just accept we are losers and watch Mcdrai waste their primes until they leave.

f*** picks, get this team the help it needs and let our superstars know we will build a team around them that can contend.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm waiting for people to blame Holland that he has the flu
It’s not so much the fact a player has the flu as it is the defense is relying on a 26 yo rookie who started the season as the teams ~10th dman to be the only player on the backend who seems reliable.

The defensive group is a joke and Holland is too afraid/incompetent to fix it.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Bertuzzi would be an amazing add. Not sure if he is capable of crossing borders at the moment though. That kind of player is amazing to have. Poor mans Tkachuk, but still real good.

Bring him in.
Cam people shut up about crossing the board already, the restrictions were lifted 4 months ago FFS..

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Well Tarasenko we were never rumoured to be in on. ROR there were some rumours but I suspect our main focus is defense. I’d argue that should have been Toronto’s focus too.
I know it’s not what we need but that’s not my point. My point is good players are already on the move.

Gavrikov won’t extend here, McCabe won’t come here and sounds like we’re out of the Chychrun runnings. Our options are already limited and make no mistake if Holland waits too long the players that move the needle will get scooped up. Then when all the smoke clears we’re sitting there with a number 6 D and a Brassard.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

e6e.gif

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
the amount of love for JP, a 4th line plug at best, is perplexing

I think both parties should realize its time for a change and a fresh start
At a lower salary he would be a pretty awesome bottom 6er. If he was drafted in the 4th round, rather than 4oa and made 1.5m right now; people would love him no matter his shortfalls. I still see the odd Teemu Hartikainen reference, and they are most always in a positive light. Jesse's biggest hurdle to being appreciated is the expectations placed on a 4oa pick.

Big forwards more often than not take a while to get good. I'd have no problem with Holland giving him 1.5 for a couple years and just using him as a bottom 6 guy. If he ever figures it out offensively, great. If not, then its still good enough value.

Reactions: TB12 and Biltmore

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Pulju at 1.5 is a good value add.
My biggest issue with him is his fanboys and he is overpaid

What you are calling fanboys are actually analytically driven folks who realize that hockey is 200 foot game and many things happen from goal line to goal line. I like Jesse because he created time and space for his line mates allowing them to shot and score more than the opposition. On the defensive side he is good on the forecheck and limiting high danger chances again. He outscores the opposition and since he has returned from Finland has scored at an 18-20 goal pace (except this year where his role has changed). I also recognize his finishing is horrendous, but that gets less weight if he continues to generate chances for line mates.

I irrational hate boys see the last .5 seconds of a play and say Jesse sucks. Ideally, he plays with Leon. He will score more than Yamo while helping Leon keep the puck and get back on defense. Have Kane on the other side as the finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad