Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The Oilers probably thought that Chiasson would never play in the NHL but I have to wonder if waiting on Borgo for another year was such a bad idea. He seemed so promising in his draft year with his performance in the exhibition season but seemed to tail off after that.

Well, I guess the people in the organization have far more insight than we do but I will say this---JJ has a big set of balls and is not afraid to toss them around. There are probably a few more deals waiting in the wings given his propensity to take action. So far you have to like it.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
So we are still 354 000 over the cap we really need to move someone out that makes money next so we can re sign Broberg and Holloway.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Interesting. Not sure what really happened with Borgault. Dude looked so good in his first training camp and then just did nothing in the AHL.

I still would of liked to see him play with some more talent before giving up on him.

But I don’t know much about Jarventie and at this point I trust that Jackson knows a thing or too. It is interesting how aggressive he has been with prospects. He clearly isn’t happy with our farm system.

Issue with Bourgault developing into a bottom 6 player is you can always find the finished product in UFA like a Janmark, Blueger, or Lafferty for 2mil or less. (Just so long as you have some fiscal discipline and don't toss 4mil at a Connor Brown-type).

I still agree Bourgault has NHL upside, but he's never going to be one of those cheap ELC that performs above his pay grade.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Interesting. Not sure what really happened with Borgault. Dude looked so good in his first training camp and then just did nothing in the AHL.

I still would of liked to see him play with some more talent before giving up on him.

But I don’t know much about Jarventie and at this point I trust that Jackson knows a thing or too. It is interesting how aggressive he has been with prospects. He clearly isn’t happy with our farm system.
There is a calculated risk here. He could randomly turn the corner but if we held onto him another year and he struggled his value would plummet close to zero.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Was Bourgault still waiver exempt? If not, that’s probably a big part of why he was traded for a guy that was

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Was Bourgault still waiver exempt? If not, that’s probably a big part of why he was traded for a guy that was
I believe this is his last year. Hard to see him going from struggling in the AHL to full time NHL player in one season.

Edit… now I’m not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Seems fitting to move Bourgault out with another later pick of their draft class. Oil move out of an opportunity to draft the top ranked goaltender. The value in this deal is likely the 4th round pick which becomes future trade collateral or lower odds Pacey's next OHL prospect in 2025.

I thought Chiasson was a decent gamble when taken. But injury hurt his development and his ECHL numbers are pretty marginal. Still decent size and some skill but a long way from being a potential NHL player.

Project for Project deal of two stalled players. Sounds like Jarventie is more shoot first project with good size and indifferent motor. Weirdly Button's player comp is Evander Kane.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
We're not moving Nurse let it go. I can't wait to see him come back next season and shut everyones armchair GM mouths up
Good...cause then it'll be easier to dump him when Bouch and Drai's extensions kick in the following season.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
We're not moving Nurse let it go. I can't wait to see him come back next season and shut everyones armchair GM mouths up
He won’t. But that aside- how are you planning to have Bouchard -say 10M- and Nurse at 9.25 along with McDavid (and his raise) and Draisaitl (with his raise) all on the same roster?

Reactions: McDoused

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
It might have been conditioning issues with both Borgo and the "other" Savoie. If you aren't putting in the effort during the off season then the ream decides to move on.

Are Stonehouse and Stefan both heading for Bako this fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad