Confirmed with Link: Blues sign 2 Oilers to offer sheets!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
But for this deal take two mediocre players like and pay for those like nothing IS good deal by Army, but IT doesnt bring us any closer to Be contender.

Im just happy Canadian team got worse and Canadian media is triggered by this move.

So happy camper. This was like our 2024-25 season win.
These 2 players were blocked from having significantly more NHL experience than they've had because The Oilers were deeper than The Blues. They are both very much on the rise and ready for a breakout. That was shown by their solid play in high pressure later series playoff games last season. They have a lot of traits that should make them solid NHLers, well worth what Army gave up for them. Holloway will DEFINITELY BE worth his $2.3 million, and Broberg looks like he should grow into being worth his almost $4.6 million either by the end of this season, or next season (and just his boosting The Blues' defenceman roster is worth a relatively small overpay, even if his play doesn't improve very much over what he showed in the playoffs. If he can help Nurse look better, he should be able to give Faulk a better 2nd pairing.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
These 2 players were blocked from having significantly more NHL experience than they've had because The Oilers were deeper than The Blues. They are both very much on the rise and ready for a breakout. That was shown by their solid play in high pressure later series playoff games last season. They have a lot of traits that should make them solid NHLers, well worth what Army gave up for them. Holloway will DEFINITELY BE worth his $2.3 million, and Broberg looks like he should grow into being worth his almost $4.6 million either by the end of this season, or next season (and just his boosting The Blues' defenceman roster is worth a relatively small overpay, even if his play doesn't improve very much over what he showed in the playoffs. If he can help Nurse look better, he should be able to give Faulk a better 2nd pairing.
Yes! Both on the rise. I was one of only two members here to mucho appreciate Broberg’s ability to stabilize their pairings and also posted that I’d love to get Holly on the Blues cuz he played a pretty darned good Final.

Yea, I’m bragging! Come at me, bro!

EDIT: Yes, @LogosBlue, that is one of the best avatars on HFBlues.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It’s a win if both are worth their QO in 2 years time. That’s what it comes to. This year more of a development year for them to establish themselves. Then the following year is the big one to see if they are worth their upcoming QO.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Wow, I thought after the Ceci trade they were definitely going to match Broberg. That’s exciting. We have a TON of NHL bodies right now though. We’re going to have to move on from some of them.
That was the plan - get rid of some of the older players and their salaries and get younger, faster, feistier, stronger, and at lower cost!

Reactions: stlwahoo

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Kapanen, Saad and Faksa are all TDL bait. I see us gaining back a low 2nd (for Saad), a 3rd (for Faksa) and a 5th (for Kap), as long as they do reasonably well.
I would also say, if he has a good season, Suter could be included in the TDL flip list for a I'll say 4th and lower pick.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Oh yeah, Koolaid!!
200w.gif

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Wow listening to JR on 101 right now and he said that the Blues were in contact with Broberg's agent before they reacquired their 2nd. It was actually looking like the Blues weren't going to be able to get their 2nd back at first and reached out to tell the agent to say that they should probably move on to one of the other potential offer sheets. Broberg and his agent decided to give the the Blues some more time because they thought it was the best potential fit and then of course we know the rest. That's how close it was but also shows that Broberg and his agent had a preference to come to St. Louis.
I’m kind of surprised that teams are allowed such overt dialogue with an agent of a player under contract with another team. I get one team using their own models to ascertain how likely a player will or will not sign an offer sheet and moving forward with an offer based on that projection but I find it a bit odd you can directly talk to X players camp that is under another teams control.

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
I’m kind of surprised that teams are allowed such overt dialogue with an agent of a player under contract with another team. I get one team using their own models to ascertain how likely a player will or will not sign an offer sheet and moving forward with an offer based on that projection but I find it a bit odd you can directly talk to X players camp that is under another teams control.
They are still classified as Free Agents, though. Restricted, yes. But free agents nonetheless.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Yes! Both on the rise. I was one of only two members here to mucho appreciate Broberg’s ability to stabilize their pairings and also posted that I’d love to get Holly on the Blues cuz he played a pretty darned good Final.

Yea, I’m bragging! Come at me, bro!

EDIT: Yes, @LogosBlue, that is one of the best avatars on HFBlues.
Thank you for reminding us when you are right. It's so easy to get lost in all the nonsense.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Just learned that Broberg played 81 games for the Oilers. Had he played 2 games less at the end of last season, he wouldn't have been eligible for an offer sheet.

Another point of mismanagement by the Oilers.
That's actually not accurate. This is not the requirement for OS

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
That's actually not accurate. This is not the requirement for OS

RFA requires eighty games played, including post season. If Broberg had played in seventy-nine games instead of the extra two games, he wouldn't be available for RFA.

Fellow Blues fans please correct me if I'm mistaken; I can admit when I'm wrong.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Ummm ok. A fanbase that doesnt think what they signed these two will have an affect at all on the RFAs next year. That their agents will not at all use those as easy comparables. A fanbase that thinks they can fit the increase of $6M increase in Neighbours, $3M increase in Hofer, and $2M increase in Toropchencko's contracts this coming year under the cap in a years time while Buchnevich is taking on an additional $2.2M in cap space.
Uh, yeah, about that: you've forgotten that we have several trade chips. Saad is obviously not going to be on the roster after the trade deadline; he's likely gone for a second. Krug could potentially retire/be traded, and that's even more money off the books. Suter's contract comes off the books after this year, and possibly could even be dealt at the deadline if one of Broberg/Joseph/one of the many young defensemen we have in our system exceed expectations and force their way into more playing time. The Josephs, Kapanen, and Faksa are only signed for one year. Even Binnington could be a potential trade chip if Hofer forces his way into the number one goalie spot and Vadim Zherenko bounces back.

We have no players over 8.1 million AAV (two of our players in Thomas and Kyrou are the exact same pay), and the cap's going up. We're going to sign Neighbours and Hofer, there's no doubt about that. If Broberg becomes that number one left-handed defenseman, we'll have no issues paying him. If Holloway becomes a solid middle-six center (which I think he could be, given his faceoff percentage and natural two-way ability), we'll pay him accordingly. When Bolduc and Dean become RFAs - if they excel in their positions, of course - we'll pay them.

Why am I so confident we'll sign those players? Because our GM is Doug Armstrong (and in the future, will be Alexander Steen) and not Stan f***ing Bowman. Armstrong knows value, Armstrong is savvy, Armstrong is competent, Armstrong has a vision, and Armstrong is a good person - all of which Bowman isn't. Armstrong will not f*** around with younger players on contracts, and he will not find out that such a thing pays a price.

And you may have deleted your snide little comment on this page - and posted the same thing on the Oilers board; don't think I didn't see that - but I'm not going to let you off the hook that easily when you've been at this shit since the signings happened.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Wow listening to JR on 101 right now and he said that the Blues were in contact with Broberg's agent before they reacquired their 2nd. It was actually looking like the Blues weren't going to be able to get their 2nd back at first and reached out to tell the agent to say that they should probably move on to one of the other potential offer sheets. Broberg and his agent decided to give the the Blues some more time because they thought it was the best potential fit and then of course we know the rest. That's how close it was but also shows that Broberg and his agent had a preference to come to St. Louis.
This is the part that made me the most excited. We all know the LD spot is a big opportunity fir someone to come in and take, but for Broberg to decide this was his spot and was willing to wait for it is nice to hear. Same with Holloway, nice to hear they are excited about the opportunity that we presented.

And that we added a sweetener to ensure we got both means we genuinely wanted both IMO.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad