Confirmed with Link: Blues sign 2 Oilers to offer sheets!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I was thinking about the offer sheets some more, and in my mind we are finally even with the Oilers for getting fleeced on the Jerabek trade. Don't see what they have to complain about.

(Looking back, it does seem like the Blues have a lot of trade history with Edmonton over the last decade or so. Nothing turned into much of anything, though.)

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I was thinking about the offer sheets some more, and in my mind we are finally even with the Oilers for getting fleeced on the Jerabek trade. Don't see what they have to complain about.

(Looking back, it does seem like the Blues have a lot of trade history with Edmonton over the last decade or so. Nothing turned into much of anything, though.)

They still owe us for Pronger

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022

It's pretty rare when someone beings up a Blues player from the last 40 years and I have no recollection of the player whatsoever. Jerabek is one of them.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Broberg and Halloway are going to break out for us this year I just know it. They both got seasoning and put up good numbers in the AHL and have good playoff experience now too, and they’re at the age where they should start to blossom in the NHL.

I can’t f***ing wait for the season to start!

Damn right. They are both good, really good.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
I feel like our expectations and excitement are outpacing Broberg's actual level as a player at this point. I hope the burden of those expectations don't weight him down. Or better yet, he surprises and lives up to them.

Either way, this move certainly kept the offseason a bit more spicy for us. Hopefully the season will be, too.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018

The great Jerabek trade.

Played 8ish minutes and -3 and 2 PIMS. That was the writing on the wall.

He did have a longer career as a Blue than Kyle Wellwood and Marek Svatos (RIP).

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
I feel like our expectations and excitement are outpacing Broberg's actual level as a player at this point. I hope the burden of those expectations don't weight him down. Or better yet, he surprises and lives up to them.

Either way, this move certainly kept the offseason a bit more spicy for us. Hopefully the season will be, too.

It's fair to question what Broberg's actual level is at this point, but there are valid reasons why people are bullish on both players.

1. Draft pedigree; it's clearly not the end-all-be-all, but there is a reason why Celebrini went first overall in this year's draft. In this case, Broberg was drafted 8th overall in 2019 while Holloway was drafted 14th overall in 2020 (12 spots ahead of Neighbours).
2. Age; both players will be 23 years old to start this season. That tends to be the ripe age when players begin to take a significant step forward (and maybe a step they couldn't have taken in years past due to limited playing time and opportunities in Edmonton).
3. Recent playoff performance; both players were able to step up and play important roles in Edmonton's deep playoff run. That tends to bode well for player's confidence moving forward.

PSA: it's not anyone's responsibility to downplay other people's expectations. If other people want to be optimistic, then that's their choice. The rollercoaster of excitement and disappointment is part of sports.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad