Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
Look at Deadmonton. They just lost two young players to offer sheets, because their cap is poop shticked. All the more reason to get these two signings done right.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Don't know is it a great deal for 37-point player. But evolving hockey formula nailed this.

Their estimation was 7.056M for 7 years.
He had a sophomore slump just like Raymond and everyone now, just like they did with Raymond, are down on the player

Fair play due to the down year, but the player Beniers has enough of a track record to chalk it up as "going down with the sinking ship" that Seattle was last year. Raymond had that kind of track record and that's why I was optimistic he just needed another season to behind hitting his potential

I have no doubt he will be a #1C for a long time in this league and that payday will be a very nice one especially cap %-wise for the Kraken

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He had a sophomore slump just like Raymond and everyone now, just like they did with Raymond, are down on the player

Fair play due to the down year, but the player Beniers has enough of a track record to chalk it up as "going down with the sinking ship" that Seattle was last year. Raymond had that kind of track record and that's why I was optimistic he just needed another season to behind hitting his potential

I have no doubt he will be a #1C for a long time in this league and that payday will be a very nice one especially cap %-wise for the Kraken

I still would never pay for potential.

So many of these guys won't live though it.

Beniers as a 37-point guy. Lundell had 33- and 35-point seasons in-a-row.

That's Andrew Copp -level of scoring in nowadays high-scoring game.

Geezer WC

Standing room
Jan 29, 2022
Yzerman ain't doing that, my guy.

Yzerman was a player too. He knows that if it is clear he monkeyed with Seider's deployment to soften the hit that it would spread like wildfire and he'd lose all credibility.
Yet it kind of looked that way, playing Ghost on #1 pp. I don't see the reason for not letting Mo continue his development as the QB on the pp.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
763468a7-252d-48ba-9a20-14629796200a_text.gif

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Look at Deadmonton. They just lost two young players to offer sheets, because their cap is poop shticked. All the more reason to get these two signings done right.

Edmonton lost two depth level players (At least currently) because they have much bigger contracts coming up in the next year. (Drai, Bouchard, and McDavid)

Seider and Raymond are Detroit's much bigger contracts. The only player in the organization that stands a chance of getting a big contract before 27-28 is Edvinsson.

These are not even close to the same situation which is why nobody's offer sheeting either player. Any contract/compensation a team would be willing to offer Detroit likely accepts and thanks the team for. Then they keep them in mind when that team has an RFA coming up.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I'm sure someone has already asked this question but:

Is there any chance that one or both of these guys is already signed, and Stevie's just keeping the details quiet?

Or are there reporting requirements, that they must report this signing publicly within, say, 24 hours?

I doubt that there are any other comparable RFAs out there still unsigned, so I'm not sure how the knowledge of our contract details might help another team, but when you're playing poker, you (almost) never voluntarily show your cards, even if you can't think of a way that the information helps your opponent. It's better to leave it to their imagination.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Contracts need to be filed with the league to be official. No way to keep that silent unless you don't file it. It's possible there are agreements in place just waiting for all parties to be in Detroit, but I doubt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad