Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I feel like the “the parties aren’t close to an agreement” tweets usually come out in the week or so before the parties reach an agreement.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Fourthperiod, I dunno how he even gets on TV. He was always just another eklund to me, been saying Berggren is gonna get traded for a year now.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Jarvis has the right attitude.

1724715431931.png

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Don't know is it a great deal for 37-point player. But evolving hockey formula nailed this.

Their estimation was 7.056M for 7 years.
As always, don’t pay them for what they’ve done, pay them for what they’re going to do.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Raymond probably asking for 8, while Yzerman offers 5.
I am not worried about Raymond , others will get their opportunity, if he's still not signed, eventually he will be with team. If it will effect our standing, we just get better position at the next draft.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
That's how you end up in mediocrity under the cap world. You overpay for everyone.

Take a small steal from every contract, become a contender, and never look back.
What? Teams paying players for what they’ve done has landed them in far worse positions than teams paying players for what they project to do. Like there’s empirical evidence for this, not just vibes.

The worst thing a GM can do is paying players for what they’ve done. You fall into bad dollars for production on top of handcapping yourself with NMC/NTC. Just terrible asset management.

Reactions: norrisnick

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What? Teams paying players for what they’ve done has landed them in far worse positions than teams paying players for what they project to do. Like there’s empirical evidence for this, not just vibes.

The worst thing a GM can do is paying players for what they’ve done. You fall into bad dollars for production on top of handcapping yourself with NMC/NTC. Just terrible asset management.

Larkin did took a pay cut. He has said that by himself.

Based on analytics, it was ~400k. Not much, but something. 5%.

Everybody will take 5% less, which makes 5M under 100M cap. A competitive edge. And the edge is even bigger, if others like to overpay.

It's time to prepare for that Red Wings culture.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Raymond probably asking for 8, while Yzerman offers 5.
I am not worried about Raymond , others will get their opportunity, if he's still not signed, eventually he will be with team. If it will effect our standing, we just get better position at the next draft.
Honestly I'd expect it to be the opposite. Raymond is asking for 5 years, Yzerman 8.

Unless you were talking about $$$

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016

No there is not. You can't just make up stuff and call it empirical evidence.

The fact is the cap system rewards teams that are able to manage the cap by getting players to take good contracts. The leafs are a prime example of what happens if you just give every player what they want.

Reactions: Henkka

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
source on this? Only thing I have read is that he indicated that he will take paycuts in the future.

This summer I heard it at some Youtube video, where he will comment it and says it by himself.

If there's no summer video, it has to be the season ending interview.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
That's... how that works. It's not a problem until it becomes a problem.
No, it is a problem that we are the last team left in the NHL that has not signed our only two players besides Larkin that aren’t dog shit. It’s a pretty bad look.

It’s incredible to me how many people on this board seem to have this attitude that the Red Wings way of doing things is somehow better than everyone else, and that Yzerman is just smarter than the rest of the league. We haven’t won shit in over 15 years… there is no reason to give Detroit the benefit of the doubt. Yet some of yall have endless patience for Yzerman.

Reactions: taliababa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad