Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Still multiple of scenarios for reasons to wait.

A) Raymond waiting for what Jarvis will get. That will affect on his caphit.

B) Yzerman wanting to bridge or go shorter term either of the guys, but doesn't know which one. Is ok with either one. Who will blink first? Like, if Raymond takes 5 years, Seider will get 8, or other ways.

C) Yzerman waiting for some trade-scenario, to still fix the team. And if he has to add cap load, it will affect on those Raymond/Seider terms. Maybe he'll cut both then to 5 years, and has to keep that option open.

If there's no such a trade scenario, after this waiting period, he'll sign them for 7-8 years.

But at first you have to wait for. See what happens. Some teams have problems to be solved. You couldn't predict the UFA-market, Edmonton offer-sheets or Askarov-market at April etc. Things will happen, which are unpredictable.

Reason for waiting could be to keep all those scenarios open, even for unpredictable scenarios.

Nail meet hammering Henkka! :thumbu:

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
MSN Yep, sure looks like we're ready for the season...

Good thing the season hasn't started yet eh

I thought we only have 18 million to sign Seider, Raymond and Berggren, or I missing something..
Copp get traded?

Cap hit is calculated by average. So if they signed an 8 year deal broken out as 11, 11, 11, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8 per year respectively the AAV would be 9.125.

Realistically though such a deal would be set up the other way around paying higher numbers later in the contract but either way its average number that counts against the cap.

Technically there are limits on how much the annual salary can step down per year but ultimately its all about that average.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
can't believe seider and raymond are missing all these games going on right now
It will be nice to see one of Danielson or Berggren have some games on the top line , but I hope Seider doesn't miss any games

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
I put on a tinfoil hat just now and thought to myself

What if Mo and Ray are asking for 9+ each and we have to clear space before they're signed? And that's where the SJ Sharks future consideration comes in, where they eat Holl or Petry or someone of that statures caphit so Steve can get the kids contracts done.

Just a thought.

• Haha
Reactions: Euro Twins

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I put on a tinfoil hat just now and thought to myself

What if Mo and Ray are asking for 9+ each and we have to clear space before they're signed? And that's where the SJ Sharks future consideration comes in, where they eat Holl or Petry or someone of that statures caphit so Steve can get the kids contracts done.

Just a thought.
While possible, but I doubt ANYONE wearing the Winged Wheel this season will make more than Larkin.

That said I could see both signing bridge deals and then getting more than Larkin with a long term contract.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
source on this? Only thing I have read is that he indicated that he will take paycuts in the future.

He never said anything about taking a pay cut on this current deal. Like you said, he hopes to take pay cuts in later deals with the hope the Wings are winning, which would be the only reason any player takes a pay cut. We are not currently anywhere near the stature that anyone is taking a paycut to be in Detroit.

Reactions: RRhoads

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Y'all see the article about Raymond possibly being traded to VGK?

This is getting out of control. Are people just bored? That is so outlandish.
Haha.

That trade value should include at least 2 first round picks, and Vegas don't have one for next two years.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
While possible, but I doubt ANYONE wearing the Winged Wheel this season will make more than Larkin.

That said I could see both signing bridge deals and then getting more than Larkin with a long term contract.
Bridge deals just make no sense for the players here. Get paid while you’re worth 8M a year, don’t risk injuries and all the other things that could negatively affect your value, you’ll have one more contract in your lower 30s and you know GMs love paying for what you’ve done, not what you’ll do.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Y'all see the article about Raymond possibly being traded to VGK?

This is getting out of control. Are people just bored? That is so outlandish.
AI sites scouring the web and putting together "articles". The trade proposal is literally a random user playing armchair GM on puckpedia.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Get paid while you’re worth 8M a year
The thing is, are they worth $8M a year though?
Seider has been consistent, but we need him to take steps offensively and add more points as well as being even stronger defensively. I think in Seider's case it would make sense to offer the long term deal.

In Raymond's case he has been trending up, but defensively still ways to go and should one better season after his good rookie year and sophomore slump be enough in his position to demand such money and for Detroit to give that money? It's a bigger risk than with Seider I think, and would rather see him been given 3-year deal than 8 at the moment. And if Yzerman doesn't want to commit to 8, then it needs to be like 5-6 which is a risk on both ends. Raymond could not live up to deal or Detroit could end up losing him earlier if he wants to test market elsewhere.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Taking into account other contracts and with the cap right now I'd value Seider at 8.75-9.25 and Raymond as 8.5-9 over 8 years. With Berggren there is just not enough cap space. The bad but logical outcome would be bridge deals.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The thing is, are they worth $8M a year though?
Seider has been consistent, but we need him to take steps offensively and add more points as well as being even stronger defensively. I think in Seider's case it would make sense to offer the long term deal.

In Raymond's case he has been trending up, but defensively still ways to go and should one better season after his good rookie year and sophomore slump be enough in his position to demand such money and for Detroit to give that money? It's a bigger risk than with Seider I think, and would rather see him been given 3-year deal than 8 at the moment. And if Yzerman doesn't want to commit to 8, then it needs to be like 5-6 which is a risk on both ends. Raymond could not live up to deal or Detroit could end up losing him earlier if he wants to test market elsewhere.
What would you view as more likely:

A- Raymond scores 90+ points in a season the next 3 years
B- Seider scores 70+ points in a season the next 3 years

Personally I'd put A as far more likely.

Reactions: schuelma24

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Taking into account other contracts and with the cap right now I'd value Seider at 8.75-9.25 and Raymond as 8.5-9 over 8 years. With Berggren there is just not enough cap space. The bad but logical outcome would be bridge deals.

You waive Husso for Berggren cap space, if needed.

The 3rd goalie is currently irrelevant. No one is gonna pick Husso from waivers, but you can call him back, if he is needed at NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad