Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
weren't we top 3 in goals scored for a good amount of time to start last season? i know we won't have a 60 goal scorer or multiple 100 point guys, but if things come together the way we hope i could see us becoming a deep, relentless team where everyone pitches in on the scoresheet

Yeah, that was exceptional season, with offense-only roster. They already said we have to play more defensively, so the scoring will come down, as well as GAA.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
How so? what is the fundamental problem?

There is a line Elliotte Friedman picked up from an NHL GM years ago, "if you have time, use it," meaning GMs should maximize the time they spend working through big decisions.

That's all well and good until you run out of time.

I guess we will see

Reactions: RedHawkDown

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, that was exceptional season, with offense-only roster. They already said we have to play more defensively, so the scoring will come down, as well as GAA.

You think by adding Gustafsson, Talbot, Motte and Tarasenko that our GAA will be better?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I put on a tinfoil hat just now and thought to myself

What if Mo and Ray are asking for 9+ each and we have to clear space before they're signed? And that's where the SJ Sharks future consideration comes in, where they eat Holl or Petry or someone of that statures caphit so Steve can get the kids contracts done.

Just a thought.

what if the future considerations was them not qualifying Zadina and the WIngs are trying to figure out a way to sign both Seider and Raymond while also giving Zadina $10m/year on a long term deal

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
We all know something is brewing with Draisaitl. Raymond/Draisaitl not signed is no "coincidence". :naughty:

It'll be a Shanahan type move for Draisaitl. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: SirloinUB

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I'd be so down if we had the cap space
Lol, I say things but I mostly kid, I'd have to see what a deal looks like before I like it.

Getting Draisaitl we'd have to commit to resigning, but his first year is still that 8 million dollar cap hit, which, Wings can take on even with resigning Seider. Trouble comes is I think he's asking to be paid as the current highest paid player. (13.5 million). Red Wings "could" handle it, but, should they want to? Idk, they're not exactly on the door-step for a cup, but this brings them way closer imo, with easier pieces to add than a topflight center.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Yes. Also Edvinsson will make an impact.

And as a bigger factor, I'll expect a more defensive system than last year. That's what they are talking about all the time.
Talking about and being about are two different things. We'll see. I expect bad things. Detroit, to me, all the sudden, isn't a defensive stalwart because they brought up Edvinsson and signed Talbot. Some people can try to sell it, while buying. I'm not.

I'll watch the hockey. Go from there.

Slightly better numbers too aren't really the improvement we want with a nose-dive in goals.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Given Reimer and Husso's starts, we shave 18 goals off if Talbot just maintains his career average sv%. that jumps us 7 or 8 spots in the league for goals against. I know that's overly simplistic, but we can make a big gain just if our goalies don't suck.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Gus is better defensively than Ghost.
Talbot is a better goalie than Husso.
Motte is better defensively than Sprong.
Tarasenko is better defensively than Fabbri.

Goalies are only as good as the defense and system in front of them.

Husso was good before he came here. Sucks here.
Ned was good before he came here. Sucked here. Left. Got good again.

I don't expect much of literally any goalie that comes here until we fix the abomination that is our blue line.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Lol, I say things but I mostly kid, I'd have to see what a deal looks like before I like it.

Getting Draisaitl we'd have to commit to resigning, but his first year is still that 8 million dollar cap hit, which, Wings can take on even with resigning Seider. Trouble comes is I think he's asking to be paid as the current highest paid player. (13.5 million). Red Wings "could" handle it, but, should they want to? Idk, they're not exactly on the door-step for a cup, but this brings them way closer imo, with easier pieces to add than a topflight center.

Yes to get a 100+point top line center I would absolutely pay that. He would solve a massive issue we have. Larkin would then be our 2C and our team would instantly be that much better over night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad