Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
I just think Yzerman isn't just ready yet to accept those contracts and will try to get them lower...

Husso is a headache all by itself. At least it's the last year of his deal.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
What would you view as more likely:

A- Raymond scores 90+ points in a season the next 3 years
B- Seider scores 70+ points in a season the next 3 years

Personally I'd put A as far more likely.
I would hope for A. but B is more likely.
To make a comparison, Zetterberg who also was winger in his younger years and as he was getting a bit older with Datsyuk centering the euro twin line had his highest point total for one season at 92.

Seider can just hang on the offense a bit more and get secondary assists left and right if the team produce more offensively as he will be playing more than Raymond per game.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Seider can just hang on the offense a bit more and get secondary assists left and right if the team produce more offensively as he will be playing more than Raymond per game.

Seider is quite easy to predict, when he will get that PP role from Gostisbehere, he could get 12 points more on the regular 1st PP duties. At last season, Seider had 17 PP points and Ghost 29 PP points.

So that would already push his point totals from 42 to 54 points, which would theoretically be his best season. And I'll expect better ES scoring too. ~60 points imo, is great level for Seider.

I'm sceptical he will ever massively break 70 points. Pellikka and Edvinsson will start eating those offensive points away from him, after the future defence is better balanced.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Seider will probably never win the Norris cause of the "rules" when voting.
Unless you're a VERY offensive dman, you'll never win it.
Seider might reach 70 pts, but he's not that type of d.
And who cares? A very solid all around d that will be playing 25-30 min for many years.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I would hope for A. but B is more likely.
To make a comparison, Zetterberg who also was winger in his younger years and as he was getting a bit older with Datsyuk centering the euro twin line had his highest point total for one season at 92.

Interesting take but I would certainly have the opposite take. Raymond could quite easily play ~3 minutes more per game in the coming years than he's done so far, with more favorable PP deployment and better support around him.

Seider could pick up more assists, but there's no guarantee he's the clear-cut #1PP option going forward, and it's quite possible he stays in the shutdown role as Edvinsson/Wallinder/Buium/Pellikka develop around him and are put in easier matchups.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Seider could pick up more assists, but there's no guarantee he's the clear-cut #1PP option going forward, and it's quite possible he stays in the shutdown role as Edvinsson/Wallinder/Buium/Pellikka develop around him and are put in easier matchups.
Why are so many assuming Edvinsson gonna be an offensive option? Edvinsson is more of a shutdown d-man than Seider is. Or maybe more is a stretch, lets say different type of defensive d-man. Both if development goes well will be two-way d-men where Seider will have more physicality that he use and better offensively than Edvinsson. Edvinsson will be good in many areas but not expert probably in any. Maybe like an Ekholm if defensive abilities gets there, hopefully a tad more all-round.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
It's cute watching bored fans lose their minds over this while Yzerman, Seider, Raymond, and their agents are all probably like, "Whatever, it'll get done."

Were almost into September. I highly doubt any of Raymond seider Yzerman or their agents are just like whatever.

I'm sure there's a bit of urgency from at least one side, and a bit of nervous uncertainty from the other side.

It would be good if we could get this done before camp starts in a couple weeks. And definitely necessary to get done before preseason fires up.

All of those things are within the next 4 weeks.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Bridge deals just make no sense for the players here. Get paid while you’re worth 8M a year, don’t risk injuries and all the other things that could negatively affect your value, you’ll have one more contract in your lower 30s and you know GMs love paying for what you’ve done, not what you’ll do.
I think it would benefit Raymond more so than Seider if a bridge deal was considered when looking how Raymond has improved and will likely continue to do so.

Seider on the other hand is already a legit top pairing Dman…Of the 2 players he has certainly earned his $$$.

What would you view as more likely:

A- Raymond scores 90+ points in a season the next 3 years
B- Seider scores 70+ points in a season the next 3 years

Personally I'd put A as far more likely.
Of the 2 - Seider is clearly the better player.

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
It was reported on the Winged Wheel pod that negotiations with Raymond "Aren't close" on a deal.

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
To be clear, they just relayed Pagnotta's report that came out a couple days ago. Not their own reporting from their own sources.

And then you can take Pagnotta's reporting for what you think it's worth.

Correct. I could not remember Pagnotta's name.

Reactions: izlez

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
To be clear, they just relayed Pagnotta's report that came out a couple days ago. Not their own reporting from their own sources.

Cue the gif of Cartman playing wow and having to go to the bathroom

• Haha
Reactions: FMichael

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I think its quite possible Seider hits 60pts in one of the next few seasons but I'd be very surprised to see 70. I just don't see this team ever being an offensive juggernaut. I do think he will have a chance at a Norris if he brings back his physical game because his hits will the highlights he needs to gain media attention. With that said this is the best crop of dmen since the early 90s. So I think he is the least likely to have a massive upswing in value from where he is now. He's already a #1 and there is not guarentee he'll be PP1 to get more points with Gus and Ed on the team.

Ray has the far greater potential payment wise because the system favors offensive forwards. I could easily see him climb towards 90 points in the next couple of years and with it a huge monetary bonus. I suspect Yzerman is offering like 3x5 and he wanta 3x7 or whatever length still leaves 1 year RFA.

I'm still not worried. Yzerman is a very tough RFA negotiator.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Were almost into September. I highly doubt any of Raymond seider Yzerman or their agents are just like whatever.

I'm sure there's a bit of urgency from at least one side, and a bit of nervous uncertainty from the other side.

It would be good if we could get this done before camp starts in a couple weeks. And definitely necessary to get done before preseason fires up.

All of those things are within the next 4 weeks.

I doubt any of them are biting their fingernails over it.

Still waiting on that Berggren trade.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
It was another one of Pagnotta's reports from last season, point being that he just tweets stuff and it rarely happens or is true.

He f***ed up and saw Berggren on the healthy scratch list in GR and jumped the gun claiming a trade was coming because the dummy didn't realize it was pending a call up.

After that he just committed and claimed Berggren was going to be traded imminently for about 4 months.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I doubt any of them are biting their fingernails over it.

Still waiting on that Berggren trade.

You can doubt all you want. But when your two biggest stars both are not signed 2 weeks before training camp it's not good.

I'm very certain there's a sense of urgency so it doesn't end up like the leafs did with Nylander

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
You can doubt all you want. But when your two biggest stars both are not signed 2 weeks before training camp it's not good.

I'm very certain there's a sense of urgency so it doesn't end up like the leafs did with Nylander

OK. Bite your fingernails right down to the nub, I guess. :dunno:

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
I think its quite possible Seider hits 60pts in one of the next few seasons but I'd be very surprised to see 70. I just don't see this team ever being an offensive juggernaut. I do think he will have a chance at a Norris if he brings back his physical game because his hits will the highlights he needs to gain media attention. With that said this is the best crop of dmen since the early 90s. So I think he is the least likely to have a massive upswing in value from where he is now. He's already a #1 and there is not guarentee he'll be PP1 to get more points with Gus and Ed on the team.

Ray has the far greater potential payment wise because the system favors offensive forwards. I could easily see him climb towards 90 points in the next couple of years and with it a huge monetary bonus. I suspect Yzerman is offering like 3x5 and he wanta 3x7 or whatever length still leaves 1 year RFA.

I'm still not worried. Yzerman is a very tough RFA negotiator.
weren't we top 3 in goals scored for a good amount of time to start last season? i know we won't have a 60 goal scorer or multiple 100 point guys, but if things come together the way we hope i could see us becoming a deep, relentless team where everyone pitches in on the scoresheet

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

How so? what is the fundamental problem?

There is a line Elliotte Friedman picked up from an NHL GM years ago, "if you have time, use it," meaning GMs should maximize the time they spend working through big decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad