Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
No, it is a problem that we are the last team left in the NHL that has not signed our only two players besides Larkin that aren’t dog shit. It’s a pretty bad look.

It’s incredible to me how many people on this board seem to have this attitude that the Red Wings way of doing things is somehow better than everyone else, and that Yzerman is just smarter than the rest of the league. We haven’t won shit in over 15 years… there is no reason to give Detroit the benefit of the doubt. Yet some of yall have endless patience for Yzerman.
What.
No, Raymond and Seider's negotiations taking until now isn't some "Oh, the Red Wings are doing something special in a good or a bad way. Raymond and Seider are two of the most important RFAs around the league right now to the team trying to sign them.

I have endless patience for Yzerman when it comes to this because R and S are not the first high profile RFAs to be unsigned on the verge of training camp.

It's a problem if we're on the literal eve of the start of the season and they're still far apart. Like tomorrow is day one of the regular season. Hell, I'll start getting ansty once the Howe and Lindsay teams start playing in Traverse City and we're still talking about it.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
People will say it’s no problem right up until they don’t get signed

Well yeah, because it ISN'T a problem until they don't get signed. Literally nothing on planet Earth with the Red Wings is different if they signed July 8th or August 30th.

That's exactly how this works. It's not a problem until it doesn't happen deep into training camp or not at all.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Still multiple of scenarios for reasons to wait.

A) Raymond waiting for what Jarvis will get. That will affect on his caphit.

B) Yzerman wanting to bridge or go shorter term either of the guys, but doesn't know which one. Is ok with either one. Who will blink first? Like, if Raymond takes 5 years, Seider will get 8, or other ways.

C) Yzerman waiting for some trade-scenario, to still fix the team. And if he has to add cap load, it will affect on those Raymond/Seider terms. Maybe he'll cut both then to 5 years, and has to keep that option open.

If there's no such a trade scenario, after this waiting period, he'll sign them for 7-8 years.

But at first you have to wait for. See what happens. Some teams have problems to be solved. You couldn't predict the UFA-market, Edmonton offer-sheets or Askarov-market at April etc. Things will happen, which are unpredictable.

Reason for waiting could be to keep all those scenarios open, even for unpredictable scenarios.

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I think it's simple...SY is offering less term or money, or both, too both players and their agents feel no pressure to accept...

If not at day one of camp, mgmt has failed.. we're not Toronto (nylander situation) nor Boston(Swayman situation)

Reactions: taliababa

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
No, it is a problem that we are the last team left in the NHL that has not signed our only two players besides Larkin that aren’t dog shit. It’s a pretty bad look.

It’s incredible to me how many people on this board seem to have this attitude that the Red Wings way of doing things is somehow better than everyone else, and that Yzerman is just smarter than the rest of the league. We haven’t won shit in over 15 years… there is no reason to give Detroit the benefit of the doubt. Yet some of yall have endless patience for Yzerman.
Good RFA's just walking away isn't a common occurrence. Lots of current RFA's are currently unsigned.

This isn't a "Yzerman is smarter than the rest of the league" thing. It's a "this is a common occurrence in the league" thing

Reactions: Ricelund

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I think it's simple...SY is offering less term or money, or both, too both players and their agents feel no pressure to accept...

If not at day one of camp, mgmt has failed.. we're not Toronto (nylander situation) nor Boston(Swayman situation)

Why would it be all on mgmt if they aren't at day one of camp. Last time I checked, there are 2 parties involved in a contract.

Reactions: Henkka

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Good RFA's just walking away isn't a common occurrence. Lots of current RFA's are currently unsigned.

This isn't a "Yzerman is smarter than the rest of the league" thing. It's a "this is a common occurrence in the league" thing
It is....I'm curious though how many are in the exact same spot as Detroit...that is a rebuilding club looking to resign its best 2 players drafted in over a decade

Why would it be all on mgmt if they aren't at day one of camp. Last time I checked, there are 2 parties involved in a contract.
The pressure isn't on the players at this point in the franchises hx and only one side controls the purse( and I honestly highly doubt either Ray or Mo are asking for some ridiculous contract)

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

There are zero RFAs as big as ours that are not signed other than Jarvis, and his contract is apparently imminent. So no, it’s not common.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018

"If there is no deal to be signed before September 19th Leon won’t negotiate during the season. The goal is to get this done before that date as Leon doesn’t want this to be a problem or a distraction going into training camp."

Can a deal be had where both sides are happy with a trade/deals?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My prediction for Raymond is:

7 years, 55 million.

1st year, 11.0M total salary (8.0M signing bonus, 3.0M base)
2nd year, 11.0M total salary (8.0M signing bonus, 3.0M base)
3rd year, 11.0M total salary (8.0M signing bonus, 3.0M base)
4th year, 8.0M total salary (5.0M signing bonus, 3.0M base)
5th year, 4.667M total salary (3.0M signing bonus, 1.667 base)
6th year, 4.667M total salary (3.0M signing bonus, 1.667 base)
7th year, 4.667M total salary (3.0M signing bonus, 1.667 base)

Caphit: 7.857M

He would get 8 million on the day he signs the deal.

Must feel so bad, he has probably earned ~4M so far in his career, so just dribbling his career earnings by using just a pen instead of a hockey stick would be quite a moment. :)

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
My prediction for Raymond is:

7 years, 55 million.

1st year, 11.0M total salary (8.0M signing bonus, 3.0M base)
4th year, 8.0M total salary (5.0M signing bonus, 3.0M base)
5th year, 4.667M total salary (3.0M signing bonus, 1.667 base)
6th year, 4.667M total salary (3.0M signing bonus, 1.667 base)
7th year, 4.667M total salary (3.0M signing bonus, 1.667 base)

Caphit: 7.857M

He would get 8 million on the day he signs the deal. Must feel bad, he has proably earned ~4M so far in his career, so just dribbling his career earnings by using just pen instead of a hockey stick would be quite a moment. :)
Are you sure we could pay Raymond 11 mill next 3 seasons

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
There are zero RFAs as big as ours that are not signed other than Jarvis, and his contract is apparently imminent. So no, it’s not common.
Swayman?

Harley, Perfetti, and Mercer may not be "as big as ours", but it's not like those teams are debating if those guys add any value to their team or not and are not going to offer a contract. They are in negotiations

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sad-Pablo-Escobar.jpg

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
People will say it’s no problem right up until they don’t get signed

It's not a problem until the season starts and they are unsigned.

The "look" of it is irrelevant.

There are multiple unsigned RFAs so the "red wings way" is inline with several other teams so frankly I don't know what you're on about in that second post.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
This summer I heard it at some Youtube video, where he will comment it and says it by himself.

If there's no summer video, it has to be the season ending interview.
If it is the same quote I have seen, it is clearly about deals in the future. I hav seen people on here misunderstanding that quote too. The point is, he didn't take a paycut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad