Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I'm not surprised that you can't summarize it LOL

You're too busy being terminally online as usual. I guess living in your parents basement has some benefits.
I’m not here to hold your hand. If you are going to blab on about Sheldon Kennedy being mentioned in the presser, the letter will probably give you some insight as to why.

Ahh yes the personal insults. The go to when you don’t have a leg to stand on. Work hard and invest your money properly. :)

Last edited:

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
If I was half my age I would have felt different, but see things better now. While Bowman wasn't the one who did the bad things, he was an enabler in how he failed miserably at dealing with it all. There are a few people in this situation that had every right to hate him and others forever, but they don't. Now they don't hate him, instead they fully support him. They support him understanding that he is being placed in the exact same environment as when this happened.

While I do wish the Oilers went another direction to avoid the side show part of it with fans and media, I am ok with him being the GM now that he is here. The education he has received from Beach and Kennedy after this has given him an opportunity to be a leader in the industry in educating others.

I don't and will never accept his role in this back then, but I do accept where he is at as a person now when it comes to this subject. He could have just shut up hoped this would fade enough to be welcomed back, but he didn't. I respect him for that and am giving him an open minded chance going forward.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
If I was half my age I would have felt different, but see things better now. While Bowman wasn't the one who did the bad things, he was an enabler in how he failed miserably at dealing with it all. There are a few people in this situation that had every right to hate him and others forever, but they don't. Now they don't hate him, instead they fully support him. They support him understanding that he is being placed in the exact same environment as when this happened.

While I do wish the Oilers went another direction to avoid the side show part of it with fans and media, I am ok with him being the GM now that he is here. The education he has received from Beach and Kennedy after this has given him an opportunity to be a leader in the industry in educating others.

I don't and will never accept his role in this back then, but I do accept where he is at as a person now when it comes to this subject. He could have just shut up hoped this would fade enough to be welcomed back, but he didn't. I respect him for that and am giving him an open minded chance going forward.

Well said.

I'm on the fence about it. He wasn't even on my radar of Hopeful hirings and that's personal shit aside. I wasn't a fan of how he handled the last few years managing trades and signings in Hawk Tuah land. Hopefully he pans out for us. That being said, I'll welcome him here and give the man a chance. What other choices are there now.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Well said.

I'm on the fence about it. He wasn't even on my radar of Hopeful hirings and that's personal shit aside. I wasn't a fan of how he handled the last few years managing trades and signings in Hawk Tuah land. Hopefully he pans out for us. That being said, I'll welcome him here and give the man a chance. What other choices are there now.

You could go cheer for the Flames like the other are planning to do :dunce: :sarcasm:

But yeah, basically, that's all we can do. Give the guy a second chance and make him earn our trust. He said that in the PC. So give him a chance and prove everyone wrong.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
He was a business man first. Made some bad decisions in tough times. It happens. Spending some of the money from the Gretzky trade on a lakefront Kelowna house wasn't the best look though. 🤣
That is the first time I’ve heard this is how he spent some of the blood money. Trading the best player ever on earth in part for a chunk of property…what a selfish knob.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I suspect as his first move Bowman is going to sign Leon to a reasonable extension.

I get a laugh at people who want to squawk about Bowman’s past gm track record as if it’s at all relevant, it’s not. If you think he’s making any moves that Jackson isn’t signing off on then you haven’t been paying attention. Nothing meaningful is happening with this roster unless Jackson green lights, I expect more of the same good work he’s done himself.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I suspect as his first move Bowman is going to sign Leon to a reasonable extension.

I get a laugh at people who want to squawk about Bowman’s past gm track record as if it’s at all relevant, it’s not. If you think he’s making any moves that Jackson isn’t signing off on then you haven’t been paying attention. Nothing meaningful is happening with this roster unless Jackson green lights, I expect more of the same good work he’s done himself.
I suspect it's already signed but will be announced tomorrow or maybe next week

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Pretty Captain Obvious stuff about a short-order signing announcement. Jackson is well prepared and strategic in his actions. Make the hard, controversial decision and follow up in short order with very positive, existential news of a re-signing. Short circuit and deflect away from the negative.

It's clear from the presser that Jackson and Bowman are aligned in their thinking style, have had a professional relationship, and growth mindsets. There's been strong trust shown in their leadership group with the draft and free agency. I think that collaborative leadership approach will be a pillar of this new regime. Clearly though it is Jackson's vision and strategic plan to create a model NHL management group that will provide the roadmap.

Remains to be seen if or how into the weeds Jackson will get in operational decisions. He's made a bold bet in Bowman and I think that will include trust in decision making but a consultative culture utilizing their management group.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
You can't make this shit up, Stauffers entire show is literally just him talking about 80s enforcers.

I haven't listened to him for about 5 years so it sounds like literally nothing has changed. Let me guess, did his show start with that Alberta Rural Advantage song and then did he mention politics and then preface it with saying he doesn't talk about politics and at some point throw in his token "C'mon Man!" phrase?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad