Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
What an incredibly stupid, ignorant, f***ing moronic decision by Jackson. Just based on the guy's work as a GM alone, he shouldn't be anywhere NEAR being handed another GM role, let alone ours where the team is on the cusp of potentially winning it all. How the f*** did Jackson rationalize this shit to himself, never mind the rest of the front office? He swept the SA under a rug, and for what, nearly a decade, didn't do a damn thing about it? WTF man..

Absolutely disastrous call, and makes me question Jackson's judgment. Just a f***ing stupid decision.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Bowman reports he called Kyle Beach that he was getting hired by Edmonton.

- It was an encouraging talk
- He worked with Kyle Beach and his team last year
- Started working with Sheldon Kennedy’s camp
- Apologized to Kyle Beach last year

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I seriously wonder what guys like Draisaitl and mcdavid think about this hire.

We are going to be the laughing stockn of the league. Every one already hates ua and we continue to makwbut so easy for them with shit likeb this. And this nice really takes the cake
You don't think both of them were consulted about this? Lol

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017

Ohhh well that settles everything. All is forgiven now.....

• Haha
Reactions: McTonyBrar

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Well that is actually quite impressive

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Jeff Jackson says their management model will be with all of them working together when making deals and signing contracts... not just Stan Bowman.

Well that gives me a sigh of relief

Reactions: Faelko

ConnorNova0929

Feb 25, 2023
Jeff Jackson and Stan Bowman press conference summed up "some of my best friends are also victims of sexual assault".

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Jeff Jackson says their management model will be with all of them working together when making deals and signing contracts... not just Stan Bowman.

Well that gives me a sigh of relief
That's kind of what Jackson has been saying all along. Going use eye tests, stats and past experiences from multiple people when making decisions.

I mean generally that's how it should be anyway as you hire all these support staff people to help, so either use them or fire them. But for some reason GM's sometimes go their own direction and go off their gut feeling thus making a mistake.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Just let us know when YOU are satisfied.
As great as it is that Beach and Bowman have made progress with eachother, it doesn’t invalidate the concerns people have raised. Especially when those actually inside of the organization who might not be comfortable with the hire are now going to have to decide whether their morals are worth risking their career for.

It’s a terrible position to put the people who work for you in. Look no further than whoever runs the Oilers social media accounts. The shit fans say towards the oilers on social media like they’re talking to the ones running the team is already unhinged at times, but now you also have to every day dealing with another group of people who are upset about something far more serious and personal than the on ice product who’s only method of contact is to harass you under every post as if you made the decision.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Well now that the GM search is over and done with, they can move on to getting Draisaitl signed. Did Jackson happen to mention any sort of timeline for when he expects to get that done?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Then you need to get your hearing checked LOL. They kept repeating that he has the blessing of Kyle Beach and Sheldon Kennedy both who are victims of sexual abuse.
Thats not close to saying “my best friends have been sexually assaulted”. It’s detailing the steps Bowman took to try and mend things with Kyle and learn from his mistake.

Of course they mentioned that bowman reached out to Kyle multiple times. It would be more alarming if they didn’t.

Of course they mentioned the person who worked with / educated bowman about sexual assault for the past 2 years.

Reactions: JeffSkinner53

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Well now that the GM search is over and done with, they can move on to getting Draisaitl signed. Did Jackson happen to mention any sort of timeline for when he expects to get that done?
Bowman said that this was a top priority for him.

ConnorNova0929

Feb 25, 2023
Thats not close to saying “my best friends have been sexually assaulted”. It’s detailing the steps Bowman took to try and mend things with Kyle and learn from his mistake.

Of course they mentioned that bowman reached out to Kyle multiple times. It would be more alarming if they didn’t.

Of course they mentioned the person who worked with / educated bowman about sexual assault for the past 2 years.

How did they educate him?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

I think there’s something big and good coming. Oilers management and media are smart. They want us to stop talking about bowman and talk about something else.

They will want a good move done to put some shine on Bowman but also make something else front page news and not him.

AKA Leon Draisaitl.

I’m calling it guys: next week 8 years 12.5 mill

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

I think there’s something big and good coming. Oilers management and media are smart. They want us to stop talking about bowman and talk about something else.

They will want a good move done to put some shine on Bowman but also make something else front page news and not him.

AKA Leon Draisaitl.

I’m calling it guys: next week 8 years 12.5 mill
I’m surprised they didn’t hold off on the Bowman announcement until after McDavids wedding. I agree with you though, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Draisaitl extension announced either just before or just after the wedding.

Bowman’s first move will be a reasonable Draisaitl extension and I’m guessing he gets it done pretty quickly.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I’m surprised they didn’t hold off on the Bowman announcement until after McDavids wedding. I agree with you though, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Draisaitl extension announced either just before or just after the wedding.

Bowman’s first move will be a reasonable Draisaitl extension and I’m guessing he gets it done pretty quickly.
I wouldn't be shocked if the Drai extension isn't already a done deal, and they are waiting to let this storm hit and die down a touch before announcing it. Jackson certainly knows what Drai's team is after, and as long as that is reasonable, it shouldn't be a hard negotiation.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad