Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He was already better than Vinny in the playoffs. It's arguable that they go out vs Dallas if you swap the two, even that important game 5 goal by Broberg aside

Desharnais would have been dismantled by the heavy Florida forecheck.
We’ll see how the season goes and how we handle defending our danger areas around the slot. 82 games + playoffs is a long, long time. Vinny brings elements that Broberg just can’t replicate.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
So our lineup based on players currently signed.

RNH - McD - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Blank- Blank - Blank
Blank - McLeod - Brown

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Blank
Kulak - Ceci
The bottom six:

McLeod Blank Brown
Blank Ryan Blank

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So is the plan to play our Rookie-ish defenceman on his off side in Broberg? Not a fan.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
We’ll see how the season goes and how we handle defending our danger areas around the slot. 82 games + playoffs is a long, long time. Vinny brings elements that Broberg just can’t replicate.

I'm sure if he was willing to take what J Brown signed for, he'd be an Oiler. It would have cost him $1M in earnings though, so he went for the bag. Kind if a moot point, they couldn't afford to pay him what he is getting on the Canucks

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
yea but i choose broberg any day still. but yea opinions are opinions ofc hahaha
Broberg has more upside for sure I just think Vinny’s game was exactly what our bottom pair needed. Hopefully there’s more to be done this offseason. Still want to see Janmark back for sure as well.

I'm sure if he was willing to take what J Brown signed for, he'd be an Oiler. It would have cost him $1M in earnings though, so he went for the bag. Kind if a moot point, they couldn't afford to pay him what he is getting on the Canucks
Yeah I agree there we can’t pay him 2 million. Maybe a bit over 1 at most. Is what it is.

Reactions: Oilhawks

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
You dont think huh? That's awfully perceptive.

You might be correct about how my employer would handle it, but you are engaging in whataboutism. How does it defend Bowman and the Hawks?

Also it is apples and oranges since the Hawks are in a much more public space than my employer.

Clearly you believe Bowman did something fundamentally wrong - what do you believe he should have done differently?

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Different role through man. Broberg is more of a transitional guy. He doesn’t replace the crease clearing giant PK guy who defends the red zone.
That's supposedly why they signed Brown since they knew they didn't have the money for Desharnais. Would much prefer Desharnais but it just wasn't feasible (thanks to their terrible cap management on some contracts). Brown, however, is a very poor defender. Stauffer kept trying to get guests on today's show to endorse the signing -- nope. No one was having it. Stauffer likes him because he's a face puncher. The game is passing that old fat f*** by but he still loves those types.

I don't disagree a bit, we need toughness but the players have to be functional, guys who can actually play a regular role and not hurt you. Brown.. not that guy, to me. But this is the type of player you're left picking from when you mismanage your cap as badly as they have.

Hairy Apparatus

Mar 6, 2018
broberg is crazy man, uses his body and stick so well when players are attacking off the rush. better than bouchard in that regard fs imo.

bouch and broberg fit like a glove

North

Jun 25, 2009
Did he sexually assault anyone? If so, I was unaware.
This isn’t it belair.

You know what the Blackhawks org did? They gave him a positive reference and he was hired as an assistant coach at a high school where he was accused of abusing a teenager. They also didn’t report him to any oversight bodies. This was during Bowman’s tenure.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
broberg is crazy man, uses his body and stick so well when players are attacking off the rush. better than bouchard in that regard fs imo.

bouch and broberg fit like a glove
I gotta see more than 9 good games before I buy into the hype. I still have no idea what Broberg will be but at least he’s going to play it looks like.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You are being extremely callous over this in my opinion.

You're a long-time poster but this is a side I had not seen previously.
No, I'm just not biting on it. Apologies for being intentionally unserious. But you want to go down the rabbit hole of this thing that results in personal attacks of people with differing opinions. And it's wasted energy.

There's a lot of context that isn't available to people like you and I when it comes to how those events were handled internally in the Hawks organization. And if the NHL and the Edmonton Oilers come to the consensus that Bowman is a person who has paid the penalty for how he handled the matter, who am I to say otherwise?

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
This isn’t it belair.

You know what the Blackhawks org did? They gave him a positive reference and he was hired as an assistant coach at a high school where he was accused of abusing a teenager. They also didn’t report him to any oversight bodies. This was during Bowman’s tenure.
You're right. He was negligent.

He had also been suspended for two years.
Do you think he has paid his dues and might do things differently next time?

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
This isn’t it belair.

But that wasn't Bowman. The mistake the Hawks made was not outing the abuser, and that mistake allowed it to happen again, which is inexcusable. Bowman was part of that, but the organization as a whole was unprepared to handle this as well

There is tons of context being left out in favor of emotional responses on Bowman imo.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
No, I'm just not biting on it. Apologies for being intentionally unserious. But you want to go down the rabbit hole of this thing that results in personal attacks of people with differing opinions. And it's wasted energy.

There's a lot of context that isn't available to people like you and I when it comes to how those events were handled internally in the Hawks organization. And if the NHL and the Edmonton Oilers come to the consensus that Bowman is a person who has paid the penalty for how he handled the matter, who am I to say otherwise?
So when the powers that be do something we disagree with, be it our national government or local sports team, we should just suck it up?

Nice philosophy.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Something more than nothing.

Again - he didn't do nothing - Aldrich was fired. Or sorry, told he needed to resign immediately or he'd be fired. (Which is actually far worse from an NHL guaranteed contract perspective because he left hundreds of thousands of dollars on the table).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad