GDT: Preseason game #8, Jets at Flames, 2am BST, TSN3 (7:00 PM MDT)

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Woo boy. We're in for some rough months this year.

Honzek didn't really advance or hurt his case for a roster spot much for me. Liked that he was finishing his checks, was disruptive on the forecheck. Not sure how you don't have Klapka at 4RW. A role he was born for. Bahl I do like generally but don't really see any signs he has a top4 future.

Reactions: salwan

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Woo boy. We're in for some rough months this year.

Honzek didn't really advance or hurt his case for a roster spot much for me. Liked that he was finishing his checks, was disruptive on the forecheck. Not sure how you don't have Klapka at 4RW. A role he was born for. Bahl I do like generally but don't really see any signs he has a top4 future.
I want to try Klapka at 4C between Pelts and Lombo

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I want to try Klapka at 4C between Pelts and Lombo

Getting Pelts and Lombo together somehow would be ideal. The issue if you put Klapka in the middle he no longer gets to finish all his checks on the boards.

Honestly if I could start anyone from this camp at 4C it would be Sam Morton.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Getting Pelts and Lombo together somehow would be ideal. The issue if you put Klapka in the middle he no longer gets to finish all his checks on the boards.

Honestly if I could start anyone from this camp at 4C it would be Sam Morton.
Yeah, I can't argue there. I really like Morton. That said, maybe Klapka at C and away from the boards also helps him stay out of the box? He's like a walking catch 22, helps with his physical play and skill, kills with too many and often stupid momentum killing penalties

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Vladar was Vladar, he should be a back up at best. I would start with Cooley as our no.1. Wolf in AHL.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Vladar was Vladar, he should be a back up at best. I would start with Cooley as our no.1. Wolf in AHL.
Lets try this again...

2 goalies turn pro the same season (played first pro games at the end of the 2020-21 Season)....

Goalie A (Age 23):
Career NHL: 18 games, 8-7-1, 3.03 GAA, .896 SV%
Career AHL: 141 Games, 97-31-9, 2.29 GAA, .926 SV%
Professional Awards/Accomplishments: League MVP, 2x Goalie of the year, 1st Ever Back-to-Back AHL Goalie of the year, All-Rookie Team, 2x 1st team all-star... etc
Role to Date: AHL Starter/All-Star

Goalie B (Age 27):
Career NHL: 6 games, 2-3-1, 4.98 GAA, .870 SV%
Career AHL: 66 Games, 32-24-6, 3.16 GAA, .900 SV%
Professional Awards/Accomplishments: 1x ECHL Goalie of the Week, A couple funny quotes
Role to Date: AHL Backup

If you're picking B, you need to seriously re-evaluate your opinion because it is objectively wrong.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad