Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
So did Brown and Perry. A bad small sample stretch where he struggled against the best in the west while injured is why he was benched for an emerging and really good Broberg. For me, that's not enough to excuse 2 years of solid and uptrending play by Vinny. Hmm i think he's plenty physical and his opponents feel it.

And they played and produced vs the top two teams this team faced. That's kind of a big deal

This will turn into arguing in circles over a bottom pairing D, which I'm reluctant to spend much time on. In any case, Wanner probably has Oilers fans forgetting all about cousin Vinny as early as next season. Far more upside to that player and a similarly big RD.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Connor Carrick. I hope that's not the undersized RD they were taking about. I have my heart set on Boqvist. He'd be a good insurance plan if Bouchard has to miss some time next year.

Reactions: 780il and McDoused

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Do you're saying that Aldrich was summarily removed from his duties as soon as possible?

As for it being swept under the rug - that's Human Resources call. No manager is getting something like this on their desk and doing literally anything aside from saying "god f***ing damn it" and calling HR.

And I can't really imagine any HR professional wanting to publically broadcast that they employees are raping other employees, I'm not in HR myself but that seems like a great way to get sued to hell and back.

I also imagine Beach at the time didn't exactly want it to be public forum.
It is well documented at this point that this went straight to the very top due to the timing, and Bowman was one of the more senior, if not most senior, executives in place who decided to prioritise winning the cup over taking severe action over a criminal offence of a sexual nature.

Blaming HR in this instance is lazy as if this were any old business with a scandal where an employee's integrity needed to be protected.

Or do you think Kyle Beach seems cool with how the Blackhawks front office handled the situation?

Reactions: capazzo and Shizuka

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Connor Carrick. I hope that's not the undersized RD they were taking about. I have my heart set on Boqvist. He'd be a good insurance plan if Bouchard has to miss some time next year.
A cross between Brown and Carrick. lol

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
And they played and produced vs the top two teams this team faced. That's kind of a big deal

This will turn into arguing in circles over a bottom pairing D, which I'm reluctant to spend much time on. In any case, Wanner probably has Oilers fans forgetting all about cousin Vinny as early as next season. Far more upside to that player and a similarly big RD.
I know. It is. They were valuable. As was Vinny in the first two series is what I'm saying. Knob will tweak as he needs, nice to give him options.

Lol. Well we can agree to disagree. Hopefully Wanner is on his way and maybe the Oilers know that he is, that would change my perception on losing Vinny, but it remains to be seen.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Seth Jones.

Saad x 2.

Forgot to qualify his RFAs.

There’s more but that’s just off the top of my head.
How's that even possible at that level? lol Don't they have people at the league level who watch it?

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Again, this emotion is nothing new. Seems people will find any reason to get up in arms about the GM.

If the NHL finds that he's paid his penalty and Jeff Jackson does his due diligence and finds that he's the best suited applicant, are not at a point where both of those parties have a better idea of this person's character?

I'd prefer we not hire him because his career shows a reactive GM that isn't hesitant to make impulsive decisions. And we've seen in the past that that's a poor quality. But I have no input on whether he's the most 'connected'. And that's seemingly Jeff Jackson's priority.

Your indifference between a GM covering up sexual assault and handing out some bad contracts isn’t exactly a great take nor does it make you some level headed fan who doesn’t get upset or emotional….

People should be emotional on the topic of sexual assault.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I know. It is. They were valuable. As was Vinny in the first two series is what I'm saying. Knob will tweak as he needs, nice to give him options.

Lol. Well we can agree to disagree. Hopefully Wanner is on his way and maybe the Oilers know that he is, that would change my perception on losing Vinny, but it remains to be seen.

It wouldn't be the first time a team has developed a late pick into a serviceable NHL player and had to let him go once he priced himself off the team

I think people are more attached to Desharnais because it's so few and far between with this team. Most other fanbases are used to letting go of those homegrown types.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

I am assuming that Carrick replaces Nemo in the AHL.

I think only way Boqvist comes is if we find a trade for Ceci. Assuming the Oilers are even interested in that.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
How's that even possible at that level? lol Don't they have people at the league level who watch it?
Happens every once in a while, Oilers just lost a prospect recently due to something similar.

Probably wasn't even a GM thing specifically, one of the assistant GMs or someone handling the administrative things screwed up behind the scenes.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It wouldn't be the first time a team has developed a late pick into a serviceable NHL player and had to let him go once he priced himself off the team

I think people are more attached to Desharnais because it's so few and far between with this team. Most other fanbases are used to letting go of those homegrown types.
That's true. We aren't used to home town talents leaving, cause its a rarity here. I am partially attached to Vinny for that reason, but I'm not attached for no reason. He's a good player. He solidifed our 3RD spot, a spot that was always a weakness for us.

Reactions: Oilhawks

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I am assuming that Carrick replaces Nemo in the AHL.

I think only way Boqvist comes is if we find a trade for Ceci. Assuming the Oilers are even interested in that.
Looking at the price of UFAs, Ceci at just over 3M is on a sweetheart contract, his limitations notwithstanding.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
The funniest contract of the day has to be Sam Carrick $3m x 3 with the Rangers. Like what the hell?

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I feel like Vinny was injured one night and then paired with Nurse the next game and they sucked; Vinny got all the blame despite being injured. Went from being a core defensive/PK piece for us to yesterdays news dogs breakfast expendable bum overnight. He is only a sophomore in the NHL. Hope he doesnt make us look stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad