Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
If the Oilers add Skinner, their top-9 is set. I don't love Kane at his price in the bottom-6, but I can't see him fitting in anywhere else.

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Kane-Mcleod-Holloway
Lavoie-_____-Brown

I'm hoping Lavoie makes the jump this upcoming season, that's a very deep group.
He can’t score when not playing with Connor or Leon. Like his numbers are atrocious.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
It is well documented at this point that this went straight to the very top due to the timing, and Bowman was one of the more senior, if not most senior, executives in place who decided to prioritise winning the cup over taking severe action over a criminal offence of a sexual nature.

Blaming HR in this instance is lazy as if this were any old business with a scandal where an employee's integrity needed to be protected.

Or do you think Kyle Beach seems cool with how the Blackhawks front office handled the situation?

I don't think Beach is cool with how the situation was handled overall.

But I do think his main critique was allowing him to get hired by a high-school and abuse others, which I would say by and large had nothing to do with Bowman.

I also don't think the Blackhawks gave a f*** about Aldrich's integrity - they cared about money (read: winning) and liability. They acted to minimize their liability and maximize their money. Just the same as every other business would, likely including your own employer.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Yikes, that is a really bad deal. Like, really, REALLY, bad. The only way a Perry deal made sense is if they got him at a number that could be buried. This makes no sense for a replacement level player.
Stiffler still has game! Which NHL moms are single?
P.S. Is not it impossible to bury over 35 contracts?

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
That's true. We aren't used to home town talents leaving, cause its a rarity here. I am partially attached to Vinny for that reason, but I'm not attached for no reason. He's a good player. He solidifed our 3RD spot, a spot that was always a weakness for us.

A fine player, yes. I will not agree that he's worth $2M to play on the bottom pair though. A $5M bottom pairing is a luxury this team can't afford.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I know. It is. They were valuable. As was Vinny in the first two series is what I'm saying. Knob will tweak as he needs, nice to give him options.

Lol. Well we can agree to disagree. Hopefully Wanner is on his way and maybe the Oilers know that he is, that would change my perception on losing Vinny, but it remains to be seen.

I think VD just priced himself out. He’s pretty much this year Kostin. Oilers probably drew a line and he wanted more. Cant blame him for wanting to be paid. Just wish it wasn’t with Vancouver because I can’t stand their fanbase after the playoffs.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
A fine player, yes. I will not agree that he's worth $2M to play on the bottom pair though. A $5M bottom pairing is a luxury this team can't afford.
I was thinking Kulak to Broberg swap would happen to reduce that. And we could see the best AHL pairing do some work together in the NHL. But I can also understand why Oilers would want to keep Kulak, so will wait and see how this all shakes out.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Someone else pointed out, it's $1 million over 3 years thus the $3 million value, not 3 over 3.
Ah, TSN f***ed up with the post I saw online:

IMG_7566.jpeg

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I was thinking Kulak to Broberg swap would happen to reduce that. And we could see the best AHL pairing do some work together in the NHL. But I can also understand why Oilers would want to keep Kulak, so will wait and see how this all shakes out.

If Broberg is stuck on the bottom pairing, I think we see him traded at the TDL. They will not want to demote him there after how he played in the playoffs

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I don't think Beach is cool with how the situation was handled overall.

But I do think his main critique was allowing him to get hired by a high-school and abuse others, which I would say by and large had nothing to do with Bowman.

I also don't think the Blackhawks gave a f*** about Aldrich's integrity - they cared about money (read: winning) and liability. They acted to minimize their liability and maximize their money. Just the same as every other business would, likely including your own employer.
You dont think huh? That's awfully perceptive.

You might be correct about how my employer would handle it, but you are engaging in whataboutism. How does it defend Bowman and the Hawks?

Also it is apples and oranges since the Hawks are in a much more public space than my employer.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think VD just priced himself out. He’s pretty much this year Kostin. Oilers probably drew a line and he wanted more. Cant blame him for wanting to be paid. Just wish it wasn’t with Vancouver because I can’t stand their fanbase after the playoffs.
Yeh. Just wish we could find a way to afford him, when this free agency finishes we will likely see that we needed that space. But 2M is not bad for what Vinny brings, wish we could find a way to fit him in.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Your indifference between a GM covering up sexual assault and handing out some bad contracts isn’t exactly a great take nor does it make you some level headed fan who doesn’t get upset or emotional….

People should be emotional on the topic of sexual assault.
Did he sexually assault anyone? If so, I was unaware.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Vinny will be missed. That’s a blow. I don’t feel our D is better on paper unless Broberg takes a massive leap.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If Broberg is stuck on the bottom pairing, I think we see him traded at the TDL. They will not want to demote him there after how he played in the playoffs
With Nurse being shit. I could see him getting more minutes than most traditional bottom pairs would. With a promise that Ekholm's spot eventually goes to him.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
we are losers if we keep Perry Brown instead of Janmark Henrique.. and dont spend the rest of the dollars.

I also feel like the Oilers have become like a WJC team coached by an OHL coach now (under Jackson/Pracey). The squad after cuts will wind up with like 16 OHL players, 1 WHL player, 1 Qmjhl player and 1 generational camp invite

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Vinny will be missed. That’s a blow. I don’t feel our D is better on paper unless Broberg takes a massive leap.

He was already better than Vinny in the playoffs. It's arguable that they go out vs Dallas if you swap the two, even that important game 5 goal by Broberg aside

Desharnais would have been dismantled by the heavy Florida forecheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad