Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Oilers have a list of players who might get waived and claimed now.

And it's not the guys you think. Ryan probably gets claimed. Perry likely gets claimed.

Both those guys can use the "claim me and I retire" trick, especially Perry as he doesn't need the money at all. Ryan still needs a NHL paycheck I would guess, so maybe not as easy for him.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I'm not sure what you are saying here. If we match the OS, you can't trade the player for a year. So how are we putting pressure on Armstrong? By demanding a different trade maybe that doesn't involve those players? Is that what you mean? I suppose you could say "I'll give you a 5th round pick for your 2nd pick or I'm matching on Holloway". I guess that is completely allowable.

That poster is talking about on ice save% obviously, lol
It’s more along the lines of “we’ll match unless you give us something more”, and then the execution of it would be that they don’t match and immediately trade St Louis their pick back for whatever other asset was negotiated. It’s not an official move but it’s similar to all the unofficial trades that happened with teams during the expansion draft.

Reactions: McJadeddog

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
IMO Askarov is still riding a lot of name recognition, his pro numbers in North America are not that impressive.
His numbers at that age in the AHL are really good. Top goaltender under 22 in the A.

I would not pay the price and ride Skinner at this point, but Askarov looks like the real deal.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Heard this elsewhere, but it is a good point.

Look at all the Oilers action. This just goes to show how crap the prior GMs of the Oilers were.

JJ and Bowman (controversy aside) are making heads spin with these transactions. Fumbled the ball a bit perhaps (not signing these two RFAs earlier, although it seems that some attempt was made but the players held off) but I cannot remember an Oilers offseason like this before.

Maybe the summer of the 99 trade comes close.

Entertainment value is top notch.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
could say the same thing about Broberg!

and many here have no issue with paying him 4.5 and trading two vet D men to fit him at that price.
There is a big difference though in taking a shot on Broberg being able to play in your top 4 and giving $4M to a rookie goalie. Unless he beats out Skinner you are giving $4M of your cap space to a guy who would spend most of the season opening the gate at the bench.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Lol what hr just put up back to back .911 seasons playing 40 games each season as a 20 and 21 year old. If that isn't impressive I don't know what is.
It's hard to keep track of sv% trends, is .911 elite in the AHL? I just don't see it as a priority for the Oilers when Rodrigue has been progressing well and is still young. The Oilers need to save what little trade assets they have for more impactful players imo.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Askarov is a stud, I’d definitely send them 2nd and 3rds if that’s what it takes. 2-3 years you won’t be able to trade for the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad