Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Emberson isn't bad. Might be a sneaky pick-up. Probably a 8th dman on a contender, but upside. Old Knoblauch hand, maybe some insight there?

Podkolzin is more Pulju than Kostin, but seeing our losses on the PK, I'd reckon he has a shot at one of the fourth line wingers.

Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Pod-Ryan (or Holloway)-Perry

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Broberg
Kulak-Stetcher
Emberson/Clifton

I mean, it's alright. Still can't figure out why we signed Perry.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Emberson isn't bad. Might be a sneaky pick-up. Probably a 8th dman on a contender, but upside. Old Knoblauch hand, maybe some insight there?

Podkolzin is more Pulju than Kostin, but seeing our losses on the PK, I'd reckon he has a shot at one of the fourth line wingers.

Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Pod-Ryan (or Holloway)-Perry

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Broberg
Kulak-Stetcher
Emberson/Clifton

I mean, it's alright. Still can't figure out why we signed Perry.
We signed Perry to guarantee another shot at the Cup.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Something I hadn’t fully thought about until tonight’s moves is the third potential outcome from the offer sheets: negotiating a trade with the Blues. Up until today the Oilers really had nothing to negotiate with, Armstrong could just sit there and say they’re happy with whatever outcome happens knowing that it was more likely than not that Bowman could only match one or the other. But now that it’s out there that there’s a fairly simple solution for the Oilers to keep both of them it’s given them the power again to try and negotiate for a better return. JJ and Bowman can put the heat onto Armstrong with how badly he actually wants one or both of these players, see if he cracks.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Something I hadn’t fully thought about until tonight’s moves is the third potential outcome from the offer sheets: negotiating a trade with the Blues. Up until today the Oilers really had nothing to negotiate with, Armstrong could just sit there and say they’re happy with whatever outcome happens knowing that it was more likely than not that Bowman could only match one or the other. But now that it’s out there that there’s a fairly simple solution for the Oilers to keep both of them it’s given them the power again to try and negotiate for a better return. JJ and Bowman can put the heat onto Armstrong with how badly he actually wants one or both of these players, see if he cracks.
Parayko.

Edit - maybe not

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I will say, losing Ryan and keeping a fourth line of Podkolzin - Holloway - Perry would be an interesting wrinkle. Maybe Lavoie serves as the extra forward (if they can afford one).

I just can't see the Oilers putting themselves in a position where a Kulak trade is necessary to bring Kane back at the deadline though.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think Bowman has made his mark today. Between today, the decision to match, and whatever happens with the Draisaitl extension, an impact will have been made.

I’m assuming between this move and acquiring Podkolzin that we will be bringing back Broberg and letting Holloway walk… but who knows yet.
Maybe not. Bowman might have just brought in cheaper replacements today.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Does Pavel approve? Conspicuously absent tonight, perhaps grieving on CP with some other similar minded posters
Oh they’re around my friend…other sites as well:
IMG_3167.gif

IMG_5152.jpeg

You have to admit that a 970 save percentage is quite good, let alone in the playoffs….

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
The only issue still left is Kane returning. It seems we are likely banking on an major injury to a high end player, or else trading away other players. Maybe Kulak in a bubble if we got rid of another piece, but likely one of Ardviddson.

I hate to say it, but I hope the team is not healthy this year ......

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The only issue still left is Kane returning. It seems we are likely banking on an major injury to a high end player, or else trading away other players. Maybe Kulak in a bubble if we got rid of another piece, but likely one of Ardviddson.

I hate to say it, but I hope the team is not healthy this year ......
Kane is getting surgery and will miss months. Not sure how much of the season that will equate to though.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Kane is getting surgery and will miss months. Not sure how much of the season that will equate to though.

Hmmm. So he's exercising , but made a deal to lose his chance at a top 6 spot by holding off on surgery? So is he gonna chill till the TDL?

Why exactly would he do that considering he publicly complained about being in the bottom 6 and playing time.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

I'm not sure what you are saying here. If we match the OS, you can't trade the player for a year. So how are we putting pressure on Armstrong? By demanding a different trade maybe that doesn't involve those players? Is that what you mean? I suppose you could say "I'll give you a 5th round pick for your 2nd pick or I'm matching on Holloway". I guess that is completely allowable.

Oh they’re around my friend…other sites as well:
View attachment 901810
View attachment 901809
You have to admit that a 970 save percentage is quite good, let alone in the playoffs….

That poster is talking about on ice save% obviously, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad