Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
The worst part in all of this is Armstrong is coming across as a hero giving Bowman a dose of hard medicine.

Hes the guy who stood up to the gm no one wanted to see back.

What is Bowman doing while the league is laughing? He's doing what he usually does and saying nothing when his organization has been bullied.

Sheldon Kennedy can't bail him out this time.
That's quite the leap there Pav.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Aren’t their rules against libel on these boards?
Til its libel to factually state this is the second time Bowman has done nothing and said nothing when it mattered.

Entire league is healing Armstrong as the hero who stood up to the villain gm. We've been told "wouldn't do this if Holland was still there".

Bowman such an easy target as hes so disliked in the league. I don't know who you're hoping will write a letter to fix state otherwise. His dad this time?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Til its libel to factually state this is the second time Bowman has done nothing and said nothing when it mattered.

Entire league is healing Armstrong as the hero who stood up to the villain gm. We've been told "wouldn't do this if Holland was still there".

Bowman such an easy target as hes so disliked in the league. I don't know who you're hoping will write a letter to fix state otherwise. His dad this time?
"The entire league"? No just the same fans that will choose to interpret it in the manner that fits their perspective.

It makes sense from an organizational perspective when looking at the Blues. But let's make it about what you want to talk about.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

If Bowman was so hated around the league he wouldn't even come close to getting another NHL job. I'm sure you have numerous connections around the league that can confirm this.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

You should stop. You are making everyone concerned for your mental wellbeing.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005

Give it up already. I get it, you think Bowman owes you a press conference every time he even takes a shit, but you aren’t that important when compared to the end game of what he is trying to do. I have been watching hockey as far back as seeing Gretzky and Coffey live here in the Soo and I have never seen a GM in any league make a good move after they publically announced their move to everyone. He announces anything in advance and other GMs will jump in and try to outbid an offer he is putting up. Far and away the best moves come out of nowhere.

I may as well also say it now. I am more than willing to bet all other GMs in the NHL don’t hate him or consider him a black sheep. If any other GM can make a move to make their team better they will. It doesn’t mean a damn thing if it is Bowman or not. The idea that nobody is going to do Bowman any favors is stupid. No shit they aren’t going to do him any favors. If making their team better also makes the Oilers situation better, no GM will say screw it and not do it after all.

The Blackhawks as an organization screwed up and Bowman as well as others have paid a price.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You still don't get it.

Get what? Explain it to me like I’m 5.

I’d hope (and beleive ) he’s working out the options and best plan of recourse.

Having a press conference at this point takes him away from the work at hand, which is also under a deadline.

And to tell us what,” that they are working on it”???

It would be a real time waster and unnecessary at this point. “Stepping up” as you say, at this point is charting and executing an action plan from this development which I have no doubt the org is currently engaged in.

Apparently you still don’t get it either.

You should build a statue of Armstrong in your parents basement.

Fixed.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Pavel said I don’t get it and I see you still don’t either - we don’t get it at all lol re Pavels responses. I Forgot the :sarcasm: icon :laugh:

Been driving all day. Have the road zoomies in the hotel room here in Helena lol
All good. I had to re read things too.

Hey I’m still in AZ, Helena is my landing spot Monday night.

Safe travels to wherever your headed.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Do they make it out of the WCF without Brown?

What kind of magical role do you think Connor Brown played for the team in the playoffs? He was great on the PK. So was the entire team. Against Dallas he had 1 goal in the 7 games and it came in a 3-1 loss. One point in the 4 games the team won.

You could have replaced him with any dozen league minimum role players available every summer and gotten the exact same results, playoffs included. Thankfully he's adequately paid this season for what he can bring to the table. His ~$3M cap hit from last year though is going to cost us 2 recent first round picks or the assets required to move other players out.

Holland was a clown for signing that deal.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
What kind of magical role do you think Connor Brown played for the team in the playoffs? He was great on the PK. So was the entire team. Against Dallas he had 1 goal in the 7 games and it came in a 3-1 loss. One point in the 4 games the team won.

You could have replaced him with any dozen league minimum role players available every summer and gotten the exact same results, playoffs included. Thankfully he's adequately paid this season for what he can bring to the table. His ~$3M cap hit from last year though is going to cost us 2 recent first round picks or the assets required to move other players out.

No love for being a key cog in SHGs that put the games in Edmonton's hands? Or an elite PK that was instrumental in closing out wins?

Tough crowd.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
No love for being a key cog in SHGs that put the games in Edmonton's hands? Or an elite PK that was instrumental in closing out wins?

Tough crowd.

Tough crowd? Just not a shameless homer defending that abomination of a deal. That has very real consequences for the team this summer.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Tough crowd? Just not a shameless homer defending that abomination of a deal. That has very real consequences for the team this summer.

Would you trade them going to the SCF game 7 (instead of out in the WCF) for Broberg and Holloway this year and potentially losing some of the core due to dissatisfaction with lack of playoff progress (this is something that is realistic and easy to speculate on)?

And also likely losing out on some of the UFAs (including Henrique re-signing for cheap)?

These things don't just happen in a vacuum

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The deal sucked. But you don't get those clutch goals without it.

There's some poor money in a lot of places on that payroll. You're just focusing on the salary bonus of a player who we felt was enough of contributor that we brought him back.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
All good. I had to re read things too.

Hey I’m still in AZ, Helena is my landing spot Monday night.

Safe travels to wherever your headed.

Safe travels! We’re in Jackson Wyoming tomorrow and Monday. A buddy and me are hitting the National Military Vehicle Museum near there. I’ll wave as you pass by!

Reactions: brentashton

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

It's a slippery slope to play the "what-if" game about taking out an important component of one of the most important pieces of machinery that gave us our playoff success.

And it's a targeted subjective take to say that Brown's $3m is what's costing us this offseason. You could blame Holland's inaction to extend them during the season, his lack of foresight to trade Broberg after Broberg made it known he didn't want tk be here, the Nurse overpayment, the Kane term, you could go as far back to the Lucic situation if you want to point out Neal's $2m that is still on the books.

There's obviously more than just one move that results in this sort of financial situation.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's a slippery slope to play the "what-if" game about taking out an important component of one of the most important pieces of machinery that gave us our playoff success.

And it's a targeted subjective take to say that Brown's $3m is what's costing us this offseason. You could blame Holland's inaction to extend them during the season, his lack of foresight to trade Broberg after Broberg made it known he didn't want tk be here, the Nurse overpayment, the Kane term, you could go as far back to the Lucic situation if you want to point out Neal's $2m that is still on the books.

There's obviously more than just one move that results in this sort of financial situation.
You're right there is. Add the Campbell contract and subsequent required buyout.

Holland was the orchestra for it all.

Incompetent management has cost this team at least one cup. And just like with Chiarelli, it wasn't enough for Holland to be shit while he was here. He also had to handcuff the roster after he got kicked to the curb.

Holland was a loser. Pick whatever joke move you want. His moves are costing this team right now today.

Reactions: foshizzle

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Sucks that you probably could have added Broberg and Holloway and gotten someone to bite on the Campbell contract.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
Sucks that you probably could have added Broberg and Holloway and gotten someone to bite on the Campbell contract.
Yikes! Never even thought about that haha we could have also gotten pavel buchnevich. Hindsight is a beautiful thing though.
So perhaps the best play is to match on both, and we remain in the drivers seat. I’m confident that both players will be worth more than the compensation offered. I’m also leaning towards the need to move both Ceci and Kulak if possible. I think that this happened for a reason and that the oilers can still be a better team because of it. Please listen to Brian Lawtons segment on oilers now Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad