Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
My concern is the lack of noise on the Draisaitl contract since these offer sheets. I get that this is likely an all hands on deck sort of scenario but part of me wonders how much the outcome and decisions will factor into the negotiations with Drai. I hope that is not the case but who knows?
I am not concerned at all. The Oilers are in this situation mostly due to improving HIS linemates. I think overall he is fine with it.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
What kind of magical role do you think Connor Brown played for the team in the playoffs? He was great on the PK. So was the entire team. Against Dallas he had 1 goal in the 7 games and it came in a 3-1 loss. One point in the 4 games the team won.

You could have replaced him with any dozen league minimum role players available every summer and gotten the exact same results, playoffs included. Thankfully he's adequately paid this season for what he can bring to the table. His ~$3M cap hit from last year though is going to cost us 2 recent first round picks or the assets required to move other players out.

Holland was a clown for signing that deal.
His contract was bad but no not everyone can PK like Brown and Janmark did in the playoffs. That was amazing to watch.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
My concern is the lack of noise on the Draisaitl contract since these offer sheets. I get that this is likely an all hands on deck sort of scenario but part of me wonders how much the outcome and decisions will factor into the negotiations with Drai. I hope that is not the case but who knows?

Generally these negotiations don't happen publicly. The only reason there was noise about it before the offersheets was because there wasn't anything else to talk about since the first week week of July.

The "noise" you were talking about was nothing more than speculation. Whats happening now makes no impact on whats been happening all along if there was even anything happening at all.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Brown was on the ice for 3GF and 1GA. Janmark was on for 3 GF and 2GA over the course of teh playoffs. And that is not 5 vs 5. It is while pk'ing!!!!!
Some posters will remember that over Bouchard's and McDavid's scoring escapades.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

Hey guys Stan is awake. Also this signals to me Holloway is not going to be matched

I'm not going to lie, I like the new Jimmi.
de-forest-kelley-ok.gif

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Strange trade. I'd still definitely match Holloway tho. Trade Ceci and we're gtg. Stetcher in my opinion is at worse.. a lateral move over Ceci with potential to be a slight upgrade.
Oh I would too, I'd match both, but they won't. They're also fooled into Ceci being important, this is a problem.

Reactions: Vagabond

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Turning bourgault and Chiasson into jarventie and podkolzin would be tidy business, imo, if Ceci wasn't here anymore and they'd re-signed Holloway and Broberg. Seems like a bit more cope now.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Strange trade. I'd still definitely match Holloway tho. Trade Ceci and we're gtg. Stetcher in my opinion is at worse.. a lateral move over Ceci with potential to be a slight upgrade.
Then we'd have too many forwards. This should be a wakeup call to what Holloway is really worth.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Okay I don’t mind this trade. Podkolzin was 10th overall and scored 14 goals. Then didn’t really get a shot.

I wonder if this means Broberg is staying

Reactions: Reginald Dunlop

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I like this trade 1.2M ish cheaper than Holloway too which is good.

Will see what happens with Broberg but I hope we at least explore a greasy SJ waivers trade to improve the comp we are getting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad