Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Kane is getting surgery and will miss months. Not sure how much of the season that will equate to though.
Nope, but it does not look like the full year. At that point the team is ~2.3M over the cap. That will not be easy to deal with.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I think Kulak goes at the deadline for an upgrade

This should be the next move

Kulak is a tough trade. Far tougher than Ceci. But in any case dumping Kulak for nothing back may have to be done for salary cap reasons.

I see the need for an upgrade at RHD. In a big way. Trade Kulak, let Broberg play his natural side. Not sure there will be much on the market at RD though, especially as the team cannot really add salary barring a major injury.

Reactions: Canovin

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Kulak is a tough trade. Far tougher than Ceci. But in any case dumping Kulak for nothing back may have to be done for salary cap reasons.

I see the need for an upgrade at RHD. In a big way. Trade Kulak, let Broberg play his natural side. Not sure there will be much on the market at RD though, especially as the team cannot really add salary barring a major injury.
Kulak, 1st, St. Louis 3rd and prospect for Rasmus Andersson with a third team retaining 50% would be a hell of an upgrade.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Andersson
Broberg-Emberson

Reactions: stewy04

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Kane is getting surgery and will miss months. Not sure how much of the season that will equate to though.
Hips take awhile to heal. Plus than the conditioning and such. Nothing to back it up- but I dont think he is back before the trade deadline.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not when they're young and are you just quitting? Like have you given up then?
That's exactly what St Louis just did. They signed two of our top prospects coming out of their ELCs. And they did it because they thought that we were cap f***ed. It would make total sense for a team to do the same with a top tier goalie prospect.

The Oilers have their goalies. That isn't giving up, that's just not chasing shiny things.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Maybe they offersheet Dawson Mercer, he's basically a RH McLeod who generates more offense.

That's exactly what St Louis just did. They signed two of our top prospects coming out of their ELCs. And they did it because they thought that we were cap f***ed. It would make total sense for a team to do the same with a top tier goalie prospect.

The Oilers have their goalies. That isn't giving up, that's just not chasing shiny things.
Ah ok, so sort of quitting, fair enough.

St Louis called the Oilers' "bluff" where they just sat around waiting for bad things to happen, the Oilers absolutely could have just signed them and been over the cap.

Don't confuse incompetence with something to be actually worried about, Asarkov looks to be a very good young goalie, a tandem of him and Skinner would really do wonders for this team. You could always trade one in the future too.

Reactions: Mack a doodle doo

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Oilers have a list of players who might get waived and claimed now.

And it's not the guys you think. Ryan probably gets claimed. Perry likely gets claimed.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Ah ok, so sort of quitting, fair enough.

St Louis called the Oilers' "bluff" where they just sat around waiting for bad things to happen, the Oilers absolutely could have just signed them and been over the cap.

Don't confuse incompetence with something to be actually worried about, Asarkov looks to be a very good young goalie, a tandem of him and Skinner would really do wonders for this team. You could always trade one in the future too.
No, it's just called being realistic. Askarov would not be cheap coming out of his ELC in any reasonable estimate. You'd be paying a premium cost for a goalie with no track record of production at this level and he'd have one year to prove he's worth the $4m+ AAV that a rebuilding team would unquestionably throw his way for a measly 2nd round compensation.

Appreciate the fact that we have a prospect goalie putting up similar numbers in our farm system who is likely on waivers at the beginning of camp.

Last edited:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Oilers have a list of players who might get waived and claimed now.

And it's not the guys you think. Ryan probably gets claimed. Perry likely gets claimed.
These guys can do what Spezza did a few years ago. Told teams he won't report if they claim him.

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007
I love that St Louis fans are annoyed with SJ. They don't like that SJ's GM did us a favour.

Holy cow, that's now 2 GMs in our division who 'did us a favour'. I was once concerned that Stan wouldn't be able to 'wheel and deal' but I was wrong for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad