Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Christ sign a few more dmen and make sure they are left-handed dmen while at it cause we know Edmonton farm team has no up and coming dmen . Hey Holland there are other positions beside defence you might want to look at some scoring help for our forwards

North

Jun 25, 2009
Christ sign a few more dmen and make sure they are left-handed dmen while at it cause we know Edmonton farm team has no up and coming dmen . Hey Holland there are other positions beside defence you might want to look at some scoring help for our forwards

Are you really complaining about prospect signings? Chances are they are going to be thinning the herd a little next year so it never hurts to stock the system.

The scoring forward you want will probably have to wait until free agency.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

You sign players in your system and free agents who have a fit and are available and interested in signing with you. You do realize players can and will be traded?

Last edited:
Reactions: Llamamoto49

Bearr

Dec 31, 2015
I think Niemeläinen was decent this season, playing in the top pair with Dallas prospect Stenqvist, a highly skilled offensive/puck moving defenseman. Solid enough in his own end, and surprisingly fast skater for his size and good at handling (or at the very least shielding while going pretty much coast-to-coast) the puck. Tried to make big hits in every game, especially towards the end of the season, succeeded at it somewhat decently. Has a poor, poor wrist shot, and I'm not even sure if he fired a single slapper during the entire season.

Had like 10 goals ricochet off him into his own net and I'm not sure if that's because he played a lot of penalty kill or because he's a bit 'big and clumsy'.

I don't think he's NHL ready, and would rather have seen him spend one more year in Finland - at least. That being said he's got good tools and physiology to be a stay-at-home bottom-pairing NHL defenseman - in the foreseeable future.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

The farm system graduated two defensemen this year, with reasonable chance at graduating two more next year, so there is real danger of the farm being very really thin on defense prospects. Because of that, I'm glad to see them re-stocking the AHL and ECHL. He's at least two years away from reasonably contributing so get him started while we are starting to look thin so we have a better idea of his top end before the next wave comes.

Reactions: Darkwinter

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
The farm system graduated two defensemen this year, with reasonable chance at graduating two more next year, so there is real danger of the farm being very really thin on defense prospects. Because of that, I'm glad to see them re-stocking the AHL and ECHL. He's at least two years away from reasonably contributing so get him started while we are starting to look thin so we have a better idea of his top end before the next wave comes.
thanks for pointing that out.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Are you really complaining about prospect signings? Chances are they are going to be thinning the herd a little next year so it never hurts to stock the system.

The scoring forward you want will probably have to wait until free agency.
I am just bitching to be heard lol . Maybe a little selfish thinking on my part of wanting help for Connor and my mind is set on forward help but you are 100%right

Last edited:
Reactions: North

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Did Free Agent Frenzy somehow begin already?

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
So 2020 NHL draft is online according to Friedman. When is it though

I'm not sure how they go about planning the draft at all with the season still up in the air. I guess planning a location and format works, but there's no way they could hold it while the season can still potentially finish right?

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Did Free Agent Frenzy somehow begin already?
So I'm jumping the gun a bit lol. And I know this is just wishful thinking on my part. I would like to see the oilers land a 2o/25 goal scorer potential. And I know the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

Thinking a McDavid interview drops this week on their podcast.

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
If the NHL Draft is indeed held in June, which by all accounts it sounds like it will be. Does that make Jesse Puljujarvi more or less likely to be traded? Does it make him more valuable?

I assume the number of player based trades will be stunted significantly, due to the league year not being finalized, but trades involving prospects outside the NHL will likely be the currency of choice. Might make him more valuable?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
You forgot Bear. Plus I'd like to get RNH, Yamamoto, and Larsson locked up before next season. So keep some room for those raises in 2 years. And with Benson hopefully being a full-time NHLer next year, I don't think we really need an upgrade anyways.

Doesn't it make sense to think about deferring any signings as long as possible until we see what league revenue does to the cap?
(or perhaps salaries scale back with cap decreases?... I've forgotten how that mechanism works.)

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
0icyAcy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad