Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Anyone have any opinions on these unknown prospects:
- Maxim Denezhkin (7th round, 2019 draft)
- Patrik Siikanen (7th round, 2018 draft)
- Matthew Cairns (3rd round, 2016 draft)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Denezhkin had a promising year. He struggled out of the gate(I think he had something like 4 points in 19 games), but then his production exploded. I could see him competing for a spot on the KHL club next year.

The other two are dead in the water. Maybe a glimmer of hope for Siikanen, but struggling to be a 4th liner in the Liiga in your D+2 year is pretty close to being firmly in bust territory.

Last edited:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Might be alone, but I hope we give Nygaard another chance. I thought he created quiet a bit on the forecheck and made plays on his own on the third line with his speed, just needs to learn how to finish at this level but he showed glimpses and was rounding out his game right before injury.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Might be alone, but I hope we give Nygaard another chance. I thought he created quiet a bit on the forecheck and made plays on his own on the third line with his speed, just needs to learn how to finish at this level but he showed glimpses and was rounding out his game right before injury.
He's already been extended.

Reactions: yukoner88

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The oilers agree with you.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
There isn't enough room on a good roster for Nygard, Haas, Sheahan, Khaira, Neal, Chiasson, AA, Ennis. They're all 4th liners. We are still missing 3 good middle 6 players better than anyone mentioned.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
There isn't enough room on a good roster for Nygard, Haas, Sheahan, Khaira, Neal, Chiasson, AA, Ennis. They're all 4th liners. We are still missing 3 good middle 6 players better than anyone mentioned.

Eh I dunno know about that.

Oiler players (past McDavid + Draisaitl + RNH) to score double digit goals as an NHL player, one year ago:

Chiasson
Kassian

That's all.

This year (either hit double digits or on pace for):

Neal
Yamamoto
Chiasson
Kassian
Athansiou
Ennis
Archibald
Sheahan

This is a pretty freaking dramatic increase year over year and we haven't even properly integrated Ennis and Athansiou into the team.

Think the main thing we need is a better center option than Haas. Good guy, good speed, but you probably want someone better than that overall.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
AA isn't a fourth liner even if he looked like it when he first joined.

Ennis and Nygard can move up and down the entire lineup. Chiasson can even do a stint.

The biggest problems there are Neal and Khaira.
The problem with that is that Neal is immovable, and Tippett likes Khaira's physicality. So especially if you include prospects potentially graduating, the competition for bottom six spots is intense.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
The problem with that is that Neal is immovable, and Tippett likes Khaira's physicality. So especially if you include prospects potentially graduating, the competition for bottom six spots is intense.

I have a vague recollection of that physicality. It’s been so scarce this season that I find it perplexing how many chances Tippet gives the guy.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I look at Haas as the teams 13/14th forward next year. If they don’t resign Sheahan then he’ll be the 4th line forward. We really need to upgrade the 3C spot next year. Preferably an RC that can put up 30 points and PK.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

LOOL AA and Ennis aren't 4th liners. What cave do you live in

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
AA isn't a fourth liner even if he looked like it when he first joined.

Ennis and Nygard can move up and down the entire lineup. Chiasson can even do a stint.

The biggest problems there are Neal and Khaira.
Khaira isn't much of a problem if you expect him to be a fourth liner who PKs. Good for about 10-20 points a season.

Of all of the guys you've mentioned, AA is the biggest 'problem'. If he doesn't play with McDavid, he's expected to drive his own line in the bottom six assuming that second line stays together. He's a questionable fit moving forward.

Neal gets bought out if there are compliance buyouts introduced next season, otherwise he's a depth forward who contributes to the PP.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Cairns flat lined already.
Siikanen is a Fin who is a very long term development project. It was supposed to be his first full year in the Finish top league but things did not go according to plan
Denezkin is being brought slowly along by Lokomotiv. One of my KHL buddies called him a poor mans Anton Lander. The fact he was sent back to the MHL raised a few eyebrows

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Not sure if it is true or not (got it third hand) but Sheahan changed his agent a short time ago and it sounds like the oilers and Sheahan went from being close on a new contract to not being in the same ball park with the new agent.

Has anyone else heard anything about Sheahan's negotiations since he changed agents?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Not sure if it is true or not (got it third hand) but Sheahan changed his agent a short time ago and it sounds like the oilers and Sheahan went from being close on a new contract to not being in the same ball park with the new agent.

Has anyone else heard anything about Sheahan's negotiations since he changed agents?
Sheahan would be foolish not to take a deal from the Oilers. He is precisely the type of player whose career either ends in a cap crunch or is forced to take a potentially significant salary cut. He might be looking at $700-800K as a UFA. He'll be 29 in the fall and will have back-to-back years with under 20 points. Unless he wants to play out his career as a Senator he should be signing as quickly as possible.

Reactions: bucks_oil

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Khaira isn't much of a problem if you expect him to be a fourth liner who PKs. Good for about 10-20 points a season.

Of all of the guys you've mentioned, AA is the biggest 'problem'. If he doesn't play with McDavid, he's expected to drive his own line in the bottom six assuming that second line stays together. He's a questionable fit moving forward.

Neal gets bought out if there are compliance buyouts introduced next season, otherwise he's a depth forward who contributes to the PP.

If Khaira was more consistent with his physical play his stock would be way higher, even with his limited offensive abilities. But I think the organization had eyed up on his spot to be improved upon. Khaira's name came up in a lot of trade rumours closing in on the deadline.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Have we had confirmation that the cap will be something like 82mill and not the 84 that was projected? is so that could be a concern

Have no idea until a reasonable estimation of HRR can be confirmed, which is obviously a huge unknown at this point. Still think PA and the league will go off the grid and go with a number higher than the HRR calculation and have some sweeteners, like compliance buyouts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad