Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
not if the cap does not go down
I think they consider it independent of whether the cap goes down or not. If the cap stays the same that is big problem for a lot of teams. It is also a big issue for this year's FA class. So you have incentive on the side of both ownership and the players. To sweeten the player's side the owners could agree not to have the compliance buyouts go against the player's 50% of HHR. Hence the owners pay full price for their mistakes. Even the players being bought out may not all object. They become UFA's with 2/3 of their remaining salary paid out and not subject to escrow. That means that if they could resign for even 25% of their current money they are probably at least even.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Ryan Mantha’s potential Oilers career never had a chance

Matheson
just threw this in at the end of this article on Tuesday. I can’t find any other information about it but would be a good thing to get him signed imo.

Mantha was an intriguing prospect. (Correction on the article, Maksimov wasn't an Oilers farmhand yet when we signed Mantha, Edmonton noticed Kirill while watching Ryan).

I remember Mantha was a beast in his OA year in Niagara. Carried a young rebuilding team which had no business making the playoffs, into the 8th seed.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I like that they're holding on to Niemelainen. He was a really intriguing prospect from the beginning.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think they consider it independent of whether the cap goes down or not. If the cap stays the same that is big problem for a lot of teams. It is also a big issue for this year's FA class. So you have incentive on the side of both ownership and the players. To sweeten the player's side the owners could agree not to have the compliance buyouts go against the player's 50% of HHR. Hence the owners pay full price for their mistakes. Even the players being bought out may not all object. They become UFA's with 2/3 of their remaining salary paid out and not subject to escrow. That means that if they could resign for even 25% of their current money they are probably at least even.
the cap staying the same is not such a huge deal if the players get pillaged through escrow, and that's going to happen if the cap stays the same

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Another addition to the Leftorium?

Edmonton Oilers Linked To Theodor Lennstrom

B172CD77-9B4D-44F1-BE65-C3419C925508.jpeg

North

Jun 25, 2009
I like that they're holding on to Niemelainen. He was a really intriguing prospect from the beginning.

I liked him too the first time he went to development camp. I almost think it was a mistake to go back to Saginaw considering how awful that team was and it seemed all they really wanted him to do was babysit Hronek.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Lennstrom is an interesting signing. I'm assuming they expect him to compete for an NHL job? If so, does this say something about their confidence in Lagesson/Bouchard taking the step next year or is it more about adding organizational depth? I would assume it's more about depth, as nothing about Lennstrom really stands out as NHL-ready. I always get a little worried when defencemen get described as offensive defencemen yet don't really put up much in the way of numbers. 15 points in 31 games is okay production but certainly not appealing if you're an offence-first player, even if those numbers came in the NHL.

The Flames just signed Johannes Kinnvall and he's a little more interesting on paper given his age (22), the fact that he's right-handed, and his offensive numbers (40 points in 51 games and led his team in scoring). Then again, Joel Persson had a similar profile coming out of the SweHL (2 points away from leading his team in scoring) and we saw how he really struggled to adapt to the NHL game.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
What do you mean?
Haas as a third line centre is not good enough ....but 'okay'....serviceable ...a position fill.....a crutch till you can find an improvement......
But his play in being good enough may keep the desperation at bay ...
In other words, it may keep Holland from spending the resources and time to get that more dynamic "C" that we need.....
I like Haas and what he has brought and he has been one of Holland's good moves....but if im making the choice to resign him or not .....I wouldn't....
And no its not just a simple ...we can move him to wing...or the press box...or waive him

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I was ready to move away from Haas. But he wasn't a terrible Euro signing. He performed admirably as an undrafted player jumping straight into the NHL. Just a bit of a tweener.

I suspect Patrick Russell is gone, along with Granlund and Jurco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad