Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Compliance Buying out Neal obviously makes a lot of sense but I wonder if there is a scenario/possibility where we can trade him to another team for a bad contract, both teams buy out the player and then the players sign back with the team at a cheaper price?

I like the idea of keeping Neal as a bottom 6 forward who can play top 6. He’s got a scoring touch, can play PP, he’s been a great presence in our locker room from everything we’ve heard and has a lot of experience.

Maybe trade Neal to LA for Brown or NYI for Ladd, buy them out so they can sign back with their respective teams. Not sure if it’s possible but I would still prefer to find a way to keep Neal for a cheaper price.

Reactions: Oilhawks

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
last 2 seasons Strome has an average of .65 pts per game 136 games with 95pts

What was his TOI?
With McDabid and Draisaitl ahead of him you have to think that his minutes (and points) would be reduced.

Thats not necessarily a problem though just an observation.
I like Strome...was shocked to see him traded.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
What was his TOI?
With McDabid and Draisaitl ahead of him you have to think that his minutes (and points) would be reduced.

Thats not necessarily a problem though just an observation.
I like Strome...was shocked to see him traded.

My guess is his pts would go back to what he was getting in Arizons

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Strome without an offensive catalyst would be just as effective there as his brother was. Maybe less so.

The idea of trading for him would be to tie him to 97 and reap the benefits. So AA for Strome straight across might make sense. But giving up value to run him as a checking line forward would be a total waste.

We need to get away from the mentality that the third line is a checking line. We need 3 scoring lines to be a frontrunner. Not that Strome alone will get us there, I agree that he would need someone on his wing to help him score, but designating the 3rd line as a checking line isn't the right move in my opinion.

Ennis - McDavid - Kassian
Nuge - Drai - Yamamoto
Benson - Strome - ???
Chaison/Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald

The keys there of course are obviously who fills in the question marks, assuming we don't keep AA, and I don't think I want him on the third line with Strome and Benson, plus we may need to use him to get Strome. Neal is the obvious fit for now if the season kicks back up today, but with everything going on and compliance buyouts being discussed, I doubt he is an Oiler next year. Chaisson is another option, but I don't think he is enough of a catalyst to make a difference.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
We need to get away from the mentality that the third line is a checking line. We need 3 scoring lines to be a frontrunner. Not that Strome alone will get us there, I agree that he would need someone on his wing to help him score, but designating the 3rd line as a checking line isn't the right move in my opinion.

Nuge - Drai - Yamamoto
Benson - Strome - ???

The keys there of course are obviously who fills in the question marks, assuming we don't keep AA, and I don't think I want him on the third line with Strome and Benson, plus we may need to use him to get Strome. Neal is the obvious fit for now if the season kicks back up today, but with everything going on and compliance buyouts being discussed, I doubt he is an Oiler next year. Chaisson is another option, but I don't think he is enough of a catalyst to make a difference.
If we were to go with 3 scoring lines then RNH would be a much better 3C option than Strome.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Nuge - Drai - Yamamoto
Benson - Strome - ???

Call it what you want. The point is that Strome is barely a reliable offensive producer with the help in Chicago. He doesn't have the ability to carry a third line. We're talking about a player who was on pace for fewer than 50 points despite being zoomed by Patrick Kane and Alex Debrincat for much of the season.

In regards to a checking line. I think people need to reassess what that means. All of your lines need to be a threat to score to some extent. But if you're saying our third line should be throwing caution to the wind to create offense, I couldn't disagree more.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
We really need Benson, Mcleod, Maksimov and Lavoie to pan out.

based upon gut feeling, videos, scouting reports and posts from posters who usually have a keen eye for things

right now I have Benson almost being ready, McLeod maybe a year a way, Maksimov 2 to 3 season a way(he had bumpy first year as a pro and is a late develper), Lavoie is the guy I see breaking a lot of oiler fans hearts ( and I admit this party upon the fact I am not a fan of the Q)

Reactions: McCanovin

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Call it what you want. The point is that Strome is barely a reliable offensive producer with the help in Chicago. He doesn't have the ability to carry a third line. We're talking about a player who was on pace for fewer than 50 points despite being zoomed by Patrick Kane and Alex Debrincat for much of the season.

In regards to a checking line. I think people need to reassess what that means. All of your lines need to be a threat to score to some extent. But if you're saying our third line should be throwing caution to the wind to create offense, I couldn't disagree more.
I don't think any of our lines should be throwing caution to the wind to create offense.

I'm not especially big on Strome anyway, but he would be an improvement over what we have at 3C at the moment.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

I don't think any of our lines should be throwing caution to the wind to create offense.

I'm not especially big on Strome anyway, but he would be an improvement over what we have at 3C at the moment.
Nuge is not a good C and that is why they finally moved him to the wing, like Cogliano in Anaheim

Nuge was a fine C, he is far more valuable as a scoring winger than a 3rd line centre though.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Not sure where you see the cap space.
We have 12M to sign 12 players.
AA will get 3M, Bear probably another 3.
Ennis,Archi,Sheahan will all want a raise. There is no cap space to add anyone proven.

My guess is that Holland finds a way to get out of Chiasson contract and brings in Slepychev and Grigorenko from KHL. Russell out Green signed for cheap.

Ennis-McD-Kassian
Nuge-Drai-Yama
Slepy-Grigo-Neal
AA-Shehan-Archi

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Green
Jones-Larsson

scratch Slepy and add Nygard.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Fake news.
Nuge was moved to wing because we have 0 top 6 wingers on the team.
None of Kassian, Ennis,Neal,Chiasson belong in NHL top 6.

I agree but would add that Yams is looking like one :crossfing So 1/6? (With Nuge a natural centre)

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Buff is probably done. Can't see why he'd leave Winnipeg if he was still willing to stay fit.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Blue Jackets signed Korpisalo to an extension. Does that open up Elvis to get dealt?

Slepyshev's rights for Elvis :sarcasm:

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
We all the Covid19 uncertainties for next season i don't know why Holland isn't resigning our free agent for a bit cheaper

Get Ennis 2 x 1.5M
Sheahan 1 x 900K

Reactions: KYams17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad