Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "JJ" - Jokinen signed. Any further moves?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Pending the terms, I really like it.

Addresses many key needs the Oilers have. Probably has a better chance at replacing Eberle's points than Strome does, which takes some heat off the kid IMO.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I know people will be a bit disappointed it's not Jagr, but the good news it that in 12 seasons that Jokinen has been in the league he's had 40 points or more, 9 times.

It's a great depth move.

Edit: And he's had a couple good playoff contribution runs.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Jokinen-Strome-Kassian would be a good easy minutes 3rd line.

Still hoping for Lucic-Drai-Jagr :naughty:.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Jokinen will be a good top 9 winger and does a lot of things very well. He's a solid addition. And having a fellow Fin around for :] doesn't hurt at all.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I know people will be a bit disappointed it's not Jagr, but the good news it that in 12 seasons that Jokinen has been in the league he's had 40 points or more, 9 times.

It's a great depth move.

Edit: And he's had a couple good playoff contribution runs.

Nobody should be disappointed, Jokinen fits the Oilers needs better and who knows, if his contract is reasonable perhaps the Oilers still have room to add a Jagr or Iginla if they feel that Puljujarvi might not be ready.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Jokinen would be a great add, happy they're signing him. Also wish it was Jagr just because he's a legend but Jokinen a better fit IMO.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Jokinen is better then any of our LW's not named Lucic. Why is he on the 4th line?

It's a mock roster but I like the way that it goes together. Letestu and Jokinen would both play heavy special teams minutes so I wouldn't exactly consider either of them your average fourth liners in this mock up.

The possibility of a Caggiula-Strome-Kassian line is intriguing to me.

I think we're a veteran RW away from a full roster. Even a half decent two-way guy with a bit of finish could line up next to Nuge and Looch to start the year. Gionta, Stafford, Purcell....Jagr...somebody cheap. I don't think JP's ready for that responsibility just yet.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
What if it's not Jaromir Jagr or Jussi Jokinen, but Jagr and Jokinen?

Our forward depth would be insane.

That would be amazing!

Jokinen-Mcdavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-RNH-Jagr
Maroon-Strome-Kassian
Caggiula-Letestu-Pakrainen/Slepyshev

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Strome at 3C remains a completely terrible idea. Jussi is at least another option, even if he is more of a LW.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Jokinen-Strome-Kassian would be a good easy minutes 3rd line.

Still hoping for Lucic-Drai-Jagr :naughty:.

I'd like to see JP get that spot off the bat if he proves at least semi-capable:

Maroon-McD-Draisaitl
Lucic-RNH-Jagr
Jokinen-Strome-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian
Slepyshev Khaira

Lots of experience and versatility while still giving the kids an opportunity to crack the main club. A good roster for both now and the long-term when you consider what both JJs would do for our young forwards.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Jokinen will be on the top line book it. And he'll be signed for at least 3 years. Maroon's contract is up, and I'm sure they dont feel like overpaying him to play with Mcdavid.

Edit: I dont understand why some of you dont want Jagr on a 1 year deal. Guy is still a gamer and can skate. Its not like he's super slow like Smyth was at the end of his career. If Jagr will sign a 1 year deal here to teach Draisaitl and Mcdavid how to be superstars and win cups. Id be all for it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Buying out Pouliot to sign Jokinen is real dumb imo

I'd say Jokinen is easily better and not even close as frustrating to watch :laugh:

I don't see Jokinen going after huge cap hit, just more of a fit/chance at the Cup. Finns are usually modest.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Maroon - McDavid - Jagr
Lucic - Draisaitl - Strome
Jokinen - RNH - Puljujarvi
Caggiula - Letestu - Kassian
Khaira/Slepy

Damn

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Jokinen will be on the top line book it. And he'll be signed for at least 3 years. Maroon's contract is up, and I'm sure they dont feel like overpaying him to play with Mcdavid.

We will need some size on the top line though and Maroon seems like a great locker room guy and has shown to have chemistry with McDavid

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
It's a mock roster but I like the way that it goes together. Letestu and Jokinen would both play heavy special teams minutes so I wouldn't exactly consider either of them your average fourth liners in this mock up.

The possibility of a Caggiula-Strome-Kassian line is intriguing to me.

I think we're a veteran RW away from a full roster. Even a half decent two-way guy with a bit of finish could line up next to Nuge and Looch to start the year. Gionta, Stafford, Purcell....Jagr...somebody cheap. I don't think JP's ready for that responsibility just yet.

Not gonna say it not gonna say it not gonna say it

I approve this message

(also Jagr would be so much better, so would Gionta, so would Stafford)

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Buying out Pouliot to sign Jokinen is real dumb imo

buscemi-wtf.gif

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Edit: I dont understand why some of you dont want Jagr on a 1 year deal. Guy is still a gamer and can skate. Its not like he's super slow like Smyth was at the end of his career. If Jagr will sign a 1 year deal here to teach Draisaitl and Mcdavid how to be superstars and win cups. Id be all for it.

Jokinen is a Pouliot replacement with some versatility to slide over to center.
Mclellan isn't taking a power foward who scored 27 goals last season off the McDavid line.
Strome will likely get a long look on McDavid's line as well once they move Drai to center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad