GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Staalingrad.

Good lord, those were some awkward, dark times here. I can't remember who it was but they firmly believed the team was grooming Staal to the be 2C and that it would eventually lead to them trading off Malkin for a wing for Crosby.

They also demanded that Tangradi be given 40 games glued to Malkin's hip so that "we could see what we have". Tangradi was later traded for a 6th after a pedestrian NHL showing.

The only argument I could see to shift Malkin to wing would be a reduction of defensive burden. Problem is, with Sullivan's system and our current crop of centers, it makes ZERO sense.

Now I'm off to find Mike Comrie highlights. A mere 14 year ago we had the pleasure of watching Tangradi-Comrie-Malkin wreck the pre-season. I think this was when Comrie was still scoring with Hillary Duff as well. Good times.
@Gurglesons has a name, you know.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
@Gurglesons has a name, you know.
I have him on ignore because it's tiring to watch cancer spread among this board.

That said, it wasn't him. I think it was JTG? Not that I'm calling him out or have anything against him for it. There was also someone who advocated pretty heavy for Shero to send Malkin to Buffalo for Vanek.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Per Taylor Haase, lines today, with my commentary. I think at this point we can read into things:

Drew O'Connor - Sidney Crosby - Bryan Rust - Top line
Rutger McGroarty - Vasily Ponomarev - Jesse Puljujarvi - The 4th line we want.
Anthony Beauvillier - Blake Lizotte - Noel Acciari - The 4th line we are going to get
Tanner Howe - Tristan Broz - Emil Bemstrom - WBS.

Matt Grzelcyk - Kris Letang - Top pair
Owen Pickering - Scooter Brickey - WBS
Ryan Shea - John Ludvig - WBS first call ups
Dan Renouf - Harrison Brunicke - Bye

Tristan Jarry - Starter
Joel Blomqvist - WBS Starter

Michael Bunting - Evgeni Malkin - Rickard Rakell- 2nd line
Kevin Hayes - Lars Eller - Cody Glass - 3rd line
Valtteri Puustinen - Joona Koppanen - Avery Hayes - WBS. Poor Puusty
Ville Koivunen - Jimmy Huntington - Sam Poulin - WBS. Poor Poulin

Ryan Graves - Jack St. Ivany - 3rd pair
Marcus Pettersson - Sebastian Aho - 2nd Pair / 7th D (Karlsson hurt)
Isaac Belliveau - Nathan Clurman - WBS
Finn Harding - Mac Hollowell - Bye

Alex Nedeljkovic - Backup
Sergei Murashov - WBS Backup
iu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad