Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "JJ" - Jokinen signed. Any further moves?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
huh I cannot help but think Sp, T is Stauffer .nothing more than a guess

I've always thought Speedy Turtle was Stauffer lol.

Wouldn't surprise me lol. Maybe its Harrison Katz :sarcasm:

...or Daryl himself :laugh:.

Imagine...the Oilers very own eccentric billionaire owner dropping hints to us peasants on HF.

Nah. Stauffer wouldn't pick speedy turtle. He's pick like aggressive deep fried bull.

The Katz kid actually makes a lot of sense if you look at when he showed up and the obvious inside info. But this is all speculation on my part.

No idea who it is/isn't. All that matters is that they have been right many times and are vetted.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
jussi jokinen is a better fit with connor than jagr is.

maroon 97 jj
licic drai rnh
cag strome kass

that is a very decent top 9

Jagr is a better fit with Drai and his experience and training regime would be good for both Conner and Drai to see.

Maroon - McD - RNH
Lucic - Drai - Jagr
Cag - Strome - Kassian

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Regardless of if it's Jokinen or Jagr, between them and Strome, they should offset the loss of offense from Eberle up front.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
No idea who it is/isn't. All that matters is that they have been right many times and are vetted.

Agreed. Trying to figure out who it is is counterproductive if we want ST to keep posting.

Besides, it's probably someone none of us have ever heard of before.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Agreed. Trying to figure out who it is is counterproductive if we want ST to keep posting.

Besides, it's probably someone none of us have ever heard of before.

Realistically, someone like Stauffer has too much to lose to risk it by saying stuff on an open forum. Regardless it doesn't matter who it is.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
I'd be happy with either... or both. Depth is not a bad thing and both these players are quality vets.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Realistically, someone like Stauffer has too much to lose to risk it by saying stuff on an open forum. Regardless it doesn't matter who it is.

Yep, and not knowing adds to the fun of it all.

Whoever the poster is, it's a lot of fun when they post and we all get excited like school children. If we just signed Jokinen out of the blue there wouldn't be anywhere near this excitement around here.

But one little post with a dumb little hint has this place going giddy.

It's great. I love it.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Fairly certain it's Jokinen. He makes the most sense by a country mile. There's your upgrade on Pouliot. Another guy who can take draws as well and play all situations.

Maroon - McDavid - Draisaitl
Lucic - Nugent Hopkins - _______
Caggiula - Strome - Kassian
Jokinen - Letestu - Slepyshev

Khaira, Pakarinen, Puljujarvi

Shaping up nicely...

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yep, and not knowing adds to the fun of it all.

Whoever the poster is, it's a lot of fun when they post and we all get excited like school children. If we just signed Jokinen out of the blue there wouldn't be anywhere near this excitement around here.

But one little post with a dumb little hint has this place going giddy.

It's great. I love it.

It really is a unique thing. I have gotten lots of inside info over the years that I was asked not to share. It is cool when you are told something in advance and then it goes through. This way our little community all gets to get that feeling and enjoyment out of it. That said I don't usually get the info in riddles! :laugh:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Fairly certain it's Jokinen. He makes the most sense by a country mile. There's your upgrade on Pouliot. Another guy who can take draws as well and play all situations.

Shaping up nicely...

Not sure I agree with your lines, but I agree that the addition of Jokinen really helps to add a bit of balance to the forward group. Jokinen on a line with Pulju makes a lot of sense I think. Responsible vet who is primarily a playmaker and speaks Finnish?

Jokinen-Strome-Pulju could be a very intriguing soft minutes 3rd line.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015

Shaping up nicely...

If Puljujarvi puts it together like Draisaitl did in his second year the top two lines are ridiculous. Third line is a bit of a mystery but nice pieces and solid 4th. This is a winning lineup, placement aside

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not sure I agree with your lines, but I agree that the addition of Jokinen really helps to add a bit of balance to the forward group. Jokinen on a line with Pulju makes a lot of sense I think. Responsible vet who is primarily a playmaker and speaks Finnish?

Jokinen-Strome-Pulju could be a very intriguing soft minutes 3rd line.

I agree. I do wonder who they'd play on Nuge's RW since they supposedly want more offense out of him? I'm thinking that we might see something like this:

Maroon-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Lucic-RNH-Draisaitl
Jokinen-Strome-Slepyshev
Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian
Khaira, Pakarinen

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I still do think as soon as possible Edmonton should go to

x- McDavid- x
x- Drai- x.

That's going to be the strength of Edmonton, driving force.
One of the best 1/2 C duo's in the league.
Tough to match up against.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I agree. I do wonder who they'd play on Nuge's RW since they supposedly want more offense out of him? I'm thinking that we might see something like this:

Maroon-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Lucic-RNH-Draisaitl
Jokinen-Strome-Slepyshev
Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian
Khaira, Pakarinen

Either Slepy or Caggiula could be a good fit on that line with Lucic and RNH. I think if Draisaitl is playing on the wing it'll be to play with McDavid. Otherwise I think he makes the most sense at center.

I'm not sure honestly. With so many young guys who are going to have ups and downs throughout the season I think we'd see a lot of shifting depending on who is going and who isn't.

Maroon-McDavid-Drai
Lucic-RNH-Strome
Slepy/Caggiula-Jokinen-Pulju
Slepy/Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian

Or Pulju starts in the minors and you've got a Caggiula-Jokinen-Slepy third line with Khaira-Testube-Kass on the 4th. Or Kassian plays up on the 2nd or 3rd line.

There's so many different combinations when you've got a few guys who can play center or wing. All depends on who fits with who and who performs in camp.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
The line up possibilities are endless if you draw Jussi into the lineup too.

That's Draisaitl, Strome, Caggiula, Jokinen, Khaira and possibly RNH that can all play C or W.

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
Best thing about Jussi is he's over 50% every year in his career on draws. Probably plays wing but gives us lots of options. Also fill a role on the PK. This could be a really good signing and oilers area great fit for him.. just wonder what term and price is.. love it when a little excitement is restored in the off season.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Sure it's been mentioned by this point but don't discount Jokinen being Finnish as being important for Puljujarvi.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
JJagr>>JJokinen>JJohnson>JJooris>JJokipakka>> JJosefson

Either of the top 2 on the Oilers would be great... the 3rd would help the D... even the 4th and 5th would be decent depth additions.

I think I've covered just about all the JJ options.

Last edited:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
A tank will always be a fixture on McDavids line. Maroon or Lucic right now. Or perhaps a Kassian sighting.

Is Draisaitl not the definition of tank? And Caggiula was on Mcdavids line for part of the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad