Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "JJ" - Jokinen signed. Any further moves?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Jagr won't sign in Edmonton. But why do people make such an issue of his footspeed? It has never been his thing. His calling card has always been puck control and shooting. Put him with McDavid and Maroon and the other team will never see the puck.

Those things have been declining as well.

He missed lots of quality set ups last year and lost the puck for no reason too often due to his puck handling mistakes, those things don't go well when the speed has been declining as well. Defensively he really doesn't offer anything, takes lots of frustrating penalties as well, like Pouliot.

But he has his moments.

Last edited:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I can't believe how many people here are balking at the idea of signing Jagr. The guy is a living legend who has won Stanley cups and played with Mario fn Lemieux for gods sakes. He is a freak of nature that can protect the puck and board play like no other. He can teach our kids so much about how to train and reach top physical shape. If we sign Jagr I will be ecstatic.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I can't believe how many people here are balking at the idea of signing Jagr. The guy is a living legend who has won Stanley cups and played with Mario fn Lemieux for gods sakes. He is a freak of nature that can protect the puck and board play like no other. He can teach our kids so much about how to train and reach top physical shape. If we sign Jagr I will be ecstatic.

He could teach Leon a lot about using his size to his advantage. Outside of Thornton I don't think that Leon could have a better mentor.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I hope we sign both, tbh.

Maroon-McDavid-Strome
Lucic-Drai-Jagr
Jokinen-RNH-Caggiula
Slepy/Khaira-Letestu-Kassian

That second line would always have the puck. Sedin-like shifts.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
Maroon - McDavid - Strome
jokinen - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Lucic - Nuge - Kassian
Caggiula - Letestu - Sleppy

Sign me up

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Jaromir Jagr
Jussi Jokenin
Jack Johnson
Jyri Jokkipakka
Jesse Joensuu
Jarome Jiginla
Jelena Jankowic???

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Happy with either, I'd prefer Jagr but it's close. No chance it's both, is there?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The Katz kid actually makes a lot of sense if you look at when he showed up and the obvious inside info. But this is all speculation on my part.

Except Speedyturtle has been around here as long or longer than I have. Katz kid would have been like 4 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad