GDT: 2024 Training/Rookie Camp/Preseason Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
View attachment 909485

At first, you must believe,
Then comes the boom,
Then comes the Cup!

Missed you all from a far but whether this return lasts 3 minutes, 3 hours or 3 months, I'm so happy for everyone on here. What a f***ing journey.

In my exile, I went and prayed at my fave place. View attachment 909487

Prayed for the day our Panthers would be the Champions.
Along with your memes, jokes, pessimistic or optimistic opinions about the franchise, the wait was so worth it and happy to be back with my Panthers family. <3
Let’s f***ing go! Been enjoying your Twitter posts at least! :laugh:

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Phil Kessel claims to be in great shape and wants a PTO. Would Zito consider him for Lundell’s line if Mackie is injured and has to wait?
at least ekblad wont be the slowest on the team anymore
Had a bone to pick with them since last season. Not to mention how delusional they are.
watching them go into despair as their 1st rdr from us kept goin lower and lower was so nice a year ago

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: MaWa and floridada

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
What's the 23 man opening night roster look like?
Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Thachuk-Bennett-Rodrigues
Luo-Lundell-Samoskevich
J.Boqvist-Asplund-Greer

Extra-Gadjovich Injured-Nosek

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-A.Boqvist
Schmidt-Kulikov
Extra-Balinskis

Bob
Knight

If Nosek is ready (sounds like there's a good chance he won't be) Asplund will be waived and he'll be the 4C. D parings are fluid but those are the 6 guys.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Thachuk-Bennett-Rodrigues
Luo-Lundell-Samoskevich
J.Boqvist-Asplund-Greer

Extra-Gadjovich Injured-Nosek

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-A.Boqvist
Schmidt-Kulikov
Extra-Balinskis

Bob
Knight

If Nosek is ready (sounds like there's a good chance he won't be) Asplund will be waived and he'll be the 4C. D parings are fluid but those are the 6 guys.

That 4th line scares me

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Just two preseason games in but gotta say I'm not very impressed with A. Boqvist's defensive game 5v5. Seems to get pushed around quite easily and I've seen multiple questionable decisions with the puck so far. Not getting great vibes.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Just two preseason games in but gotta say I'm not very impressed with A. Boqvist's defensive game 5v5. Seems to get pushed around quite easily and I've seen multiple questionable decisions with the puck so far. Not getting great vibes.
He was always going to be questionable defensively. That’s pretty much the story of the guy. Bad defensively, good offensively. The hope is that he can improve his defensive game here.

I predict he will very quickly become the new whipping boy of this board. Probably surpass Ekblad. All it will take is a few bad turnovers and maybe a couple that lead to goals.

So. Everyone. Let me prepare you. He’s going to turn over the puck, and he will directly cause some goals against. Just prepare yourself for it. Accept it. Come to terms with it now. It. Will. Happen.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Davies is such a little shit. Hope he makes the big club one day.

Seems to have pretty good skill. But with his size not sure it's going to be enough, usually you need some outstanding attribute to compensate for the lack of size. He seems like a middle of the road kind of guy which isn't enough to crack the nhl.

He was always going to be questionable defensively. That’s pretty much the story of the guy. Bad defensively, good offensively. The hope is that he can improve his defensive game here.

I predict he will very quickly become the new whipping boy of this board. Probably surpass Ekblad. All it will take is a few bad turnovers and maybe a couple that lead to goals.

So. Everyone. Let me prepare you. He’s going to turn over the puck, and he will directly cause some goals against. Just prepare yourself for it. Accept it. Come to terms with it now. It. Will. Happen.

Haha. Yeah I know what you're saying, I'm just not sure Maurice will tolerate it. He looks pretty much like what I remember from his CBJ days.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Seems to have pretty good skill. But with his size not sure it's going to be enough, usually you need some outstanding attribute to compensate for the lack of size. He seems like a middle of the road kind of guy which isn't enough to crack the nhl.

Haha. Yeah I know what you're saying, I'm just not sure Maurice will tolerate it. He looks pretty much like what I remember from his CBJ days.
Yeah, I’d imagine if he turns out to be a complete disaster defensively the first few weeks Maurice will pull the plug and we’ll just have to limp by with Balinskis I guess.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
The Boqvist bros will be integral part of this team before the end of the season.

No matter how bad some of you already see them ! ;)

Jesper will win the third-line spot and Adam will handle PP1 like a charm…

And you all will be cheering for them !

LFG CATS GO !!

Oh A. Boqvist is dynamite on the PP, we haven't had a QB like him since... Yandle? It's his 5v5 game that worries me. But I hope you are right! He's still very young so there is room to grow.

At least Johansson still sucks.

How does that man still have a job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad