GDT: Preseason: Caps @ NJ 7pm ET (Vrana's Last Stand)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
Vrana looked better tonight, but he has lost the explosiveness that he had earlier in his career. I'm just not sure he offers enough net positives to warrant signing him and potentially blocking some of our younger players from getting minutes.

Thompson looked pretty solid back there and kept them in it early in the game when NJ was pressuring. I feel better about our goaltending tandem and our defensive depth going into this season than I have in a while.

Reactions: Calicaps

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Well that was a nice change from gms 1+2

Much better pace, good amt of shots thru 40, of course lighting the lamp is nice; that was pretty close to NJD's full team minus Luke and Haula

Raddysh-Dowd-Duhaime look ready to burn your village

OV was skating fine and made some hits, don't expect much in the pre
Vrana looked decent, have doubts he's making enough of an impact to displace any of Milano/Miro/Pro (and not sure I want him to)
Love that we're going to have a true 1LD in JC6, I think him and Roy are going to have a great impact
Massie and McIlrath even looked ok
I guess we all became big fans of Logan Thompson within the 1st 5 mins lol, looked great all game

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Missed the game because I forgot to put cover sheets on my TPS reports this week.

Highlights make Thompson >> Shepherd

Also, think I'm ok with Jake not making the team. At a certain point, you have to let the experiment end. Did he do enough to unseat the youth? Eh?

Finally, with so much Caps & general hockey drama this summer, I was never able to use my summer tumbleweave gif to commemorate an HF day with no posts.

Welcome to the DC fall season...I guess

tumbleweave-weave.gif

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Nostalgia aside, Jake is the past, and the team is moving swiftly toward a new future. I just think signing him is a wrong-direction kind of move. Wish him the best though.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
How has little Protas looked? Similar playing style to his bro?
I didn't get to see the game but I did see a few posts talking about his shot specifically, which is not something I'd say his brother has in any kind of special way. If they're big-ass budget Sedins and Ilya is the shooter I'd be willing to try it, Aliaksei is clearly NHL talented and still peeling off layers so if they're at all similar in potential it's going to be a good time.

This is still not useful information long term but it caught my attention since anecdotally I tend to see younger siblings making good use of their elders' development to increase their own ability, playing "up" in competition more often.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad