GDT: 2024 Training/Rookie Camp/Preseason Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Have some faith in the pro scouts.

He also has 4 points in 2 games. People will start freaking out right away but we will need to wait at least 20 games until we get a true read.

Sort out the pairings first.

Playing with a squad of AHL guys in a top pairing role is not a true representation of what he will be asked to do this season.

All I want to see from him is progress during the year, even if he looks like another Yandle or Matheson initially. Lets not forget he's coming from Columbus which isn't really known for being a hotbed of production for prospects. Our system SHOULD help him to settle down with how much our forwards come back to help the D.

This team can survive the regular season with mistakes from him without a problem. But he has to be able to weed them out eventually.

That’s the description of Samo though… Hehe

Like you, I would like this team to add another sneaky good goal-scorer, and most of all another young player !

Lundell has been our youngest player for the last three years, and it is getting boring. We want some new blood.

Watch out for Sourdif’s playmaking and grinding-style, pretty sure he can win that third-line spot too…

But most of all, I want to see where Eetu and Anton are gonna go this year ! Do they take a step offensively or not ? Lundell has always been a pretty good goal-scorer in juniors, can he get better at this level ?

This year will tell us a lot about the next few years IMO.

Anton is my breakout candidate for this year. He had an excellent playoff run with 17 points in 24 games, I'm expecting that to translate to the regular season. That's a 58 point pace, I think he'll hit 50 points this year.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
As some of you may remember I've been wanting Boqvist on the Panthers since the COVID season.

I think he's been damaged a bit by a terrible Columbus program after getting traded from Chicago. There's a lot of potential I see in his game but injuries haven't helped development either.

Like mentioned already, he's going to make turnovers, but Paul Maurice has proven time and time again if guys buy into his program and the team's culture, they will grow as players. Boqvist's turnovers are mental mistakes. He's clearly gifted with the puck offensively, it's about the coaching staff translating that into the confidence to handle things in his own end.

Only time will tell. A lot of this is on the player, how he handles the opportunity. A guy like Forsling took it and ran with it and now he's one of the best in the game at what he does.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
i would give him more time than that. they will likely be working with him on the side in video sessions during the season to remediate him. may take a little bit of time. maurice was on board with bringing him in so i imagine they have a plan.

another thing - the team will also start to learn where he struggles and because we have so many good defensive forwards, they'll be able to anticipate where he'll need help.

haven't really seen much of him but i believe what folks have said. i'm hoping we can turn him around. doesn't have to be a superb defender with his skill set.
Your profile picture just made me spit my fkn coffee out holy shit 🤣🤣

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
totally agree.

that said, i wonder how matheson or yandle would've looked within the defensive structure and discipline we have now. there's definitely a time and place for aggressive play but this group has been so reliable exiting the zone, even if that means punting it out.

It would've helped Matheson maybe, but Yandle was just lazy and soft. I don't think either of them would cut it in our system though. Our success last season was due in large part to having 6 solid D that usually always made the right decision.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
We have lost the Butcher but at least we still have Executioner Boomy

SamB.png

That's a mug shot of serial killer :laugh:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
When is the first round of camp cuts/reassignments?

It's weird they haven't had any yet, that we know of. It's hard to take much from that game, but as of right now I think either Dalpe will center the 4th line, or it will just be Greer -Boqvist-Gadjovich. Giles is interesting if he continues to develop, if he can really play center. Big, physical, and can skate well enough. A couple years down the road. Vilmanis I think will be a player. He just continues to show that he could be useful to an NHL lineup at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad