Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I don't give a ****.

Even a 60 point player on the 2nd line who has actual testosterone running through their veins instead of apple juice like RNH does gets us into the playoffs.

McDavid and Draisaitl deserve to play there, we have enough picks from the last two drafts.

Enough is enough of trying to fit in middling players like the Stromes and Spooners and Jurcos and Ratties of the world and banking on RNH pushing anything for this team when they need him.

He wont flourish here in a secondary role and likely wont even add nearly as much offence as you think. He'll then start to pout and sag and make the situation worse.

He relies a lot on having 1st pp time and a lot of the primary offensive opportunities. I don't think he can adapt and do well being secondary scoring.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He wont flourish here in a secondary role and likely wont even add nearly as much offence as you think. He'll then start to pout and sag and make the situation worse.

He relies a lot on having 1st pp time and a lot of the primary offensive opportunities. I don't think he can adapt and do well being secondary scoring.

He can be on the 1st unit PP since RNH does dick all there most of the time anyway and he should be on the 2nd unit PP as the center for that unit anyway.

Hall will do fine, he scored at a 60-80 point rate here plenty of times with crappier teams.

There's actually finally some OK talent on the blue line now that he never got to play with back then, Nurse, Bear, and even Klefbom, he got like 30 games to play with anything other than a rookie Klefbom. He was playing with crap like Fayne, Nikitin, and Ference, guys who would get taken to school by Kris Russell.

Ethan Bear can actually make an outlet pass, Nurse can actually rush the puck.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
He can be on the 1st unit PP since RNH does dick all there most of the time anyway and he should be on the 2nd unit PP as the center for that unit anyway.

Hall will do fine, he scored at a 60-80 point rate here plenty of times with crappier teams.

No Nuge is far better than Hall on a 1st pp unit. Hall's puck skills and protection and decisions are not that good.

I think you way overestimate how well Hall would do here. Not even close to being worth it for the price tag and potential other issues he may bring.

Plus there's the thinking creeping in in NJ that trading Hall would be addition by subtraction now. What would we want that?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No Nuge is far better than Hall on a 1st pp unit. Hall's puck skills and protection and decisions are not that good.

I think you way overestimate how well Hall would do here. Not even close to being worth it for the price tag and potential other issues he may bring.

Plus there's the thinking creeping in in NJ that trading Hall would be addition by subtraction now. What would we want that?

RNH has developed no chemistry with any forward here in like 8 years other than Eberle/Hall at times and McDavid. And even with Eberle, the one year we needed them in 16-17 where everyone else was playing pretty well ... they kept dissapearing.

Guy is a very frustrating player.

Leaning on RNH to lead our 2nd line was a massive, massive mistake. He can't do it.

Hall would have the same number of PP points as RNH does here and more 5v5. There's nothing special about RNH picking up gimmes from McDavid and Draisaitl and Neal on the PP, Hall can do that too.

Reactions: frag2 and Magnum23

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
RNH has developed no chemistry with any forward here in like 8 years other than Eberle/Hall at times and McDavid. And even with Eberle, the one year we needed them in 16-17 where everyone else was playing pretty well ... they kept dissapearing.

Leaning on RNH to lead our 2nd line was a massive, massive mistake. He can't do it.

Hall would have the same number of PP points as RNH does here and more 5v5. There's nothing special about RNH picking up gimmes from McDavid and Draisaitl and Neal on the PP, Hall can do that too.

Agree Nuge has been disappointing on 5 v 5 but he's a valuable unit to the 1st pp. He's good with the puck and makes good decisions. Guarantee Hall would make that 1st pp unit worse. He's not a good puck handler and slow to make good decisions and isn't really a shooter.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Our team has been bad for that period of time though. I think RNH has the talent and ability to lead the 2nd line. With Bear on the D, and perhaps when Persson or Larsson return, the team will be smoother and RNH will get better. But also, I think Neal has been good there, but we should get him an upgrade on the other wing.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Our team has been bad for that period of time though. I think RNH has the talent and ability to lead the 2nd line. With Bear on the D, and perhaps when Persson or Larsson return, the team will be smoother and RNH will get better. But also, I think Neal has been good there, but we should get him an upgrade on the other wing.

How many years though has this team "banked on RNH".

In the lock out year he was awful, but got a pass because of injury. But he's a big part of the reason that team couldn't take a larger step to playoffs.

In 16-17 when everything else was going good for the team ... who's the weak links? RNH and Eberle. But don't worry they'll show up in the playoffs ... and then don't.

This year we're getting good goaltending and decent play from our blue line, better defensive structure, a ton of goals from James Neal ... and again RNH is dragging ass.

This guy has built no chemistry with virtually anyone on the roster other than McDavid who once made Beniot Pouliot look like an All-Star playing next to him.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
How many years though has this team "banked on RNH".

In the lock out year he was awful, but got a pass because of injury. But he's a big part of the reason that team couldn't take a larger step to playoffs.

In 16-17 when everything else was going good for the team ... who's the weak links? RNH and Eberle. But don't worry they'll show up in the playoffs ... and then don't.

This year we're getting good goaltending and decent play from our blue line, better defensive structure, a ton of goals from James Neal ... and again RNH is dragging ass.

This guy has built no chemistry with virtually anyone on the roster other than McDavid who once made Beniot Pouliot look like an All-Star playing next to him.

It's really funny how you can notice all of Nuge's and Ebs faults (and i'm not saying you're completely wrong) but fail or refuse to see Hall's. I promise you Hall would not be any better than Nuge, if anything overall play worse. We've never seen how Hall would handle a secondary role (no wait, i guess there was a small stretch in Connor's first year where Hall failed to do anything when con came back and hall was no longer top dog.... how did that turn out?....). We are seeing it now with Nuge and yes, in some aspects he's been somewhat disappointing.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's really funny how you can notice all of Nuge's and Ebs faults (and i'm not saying you're completely wrong) but fail or refuse to see Hall's. I promise you Hall would not be any better than Nuge, if anything overall play worse. We've never seen how Hall would handle a secondary role. We are seeing it now with Nuge and yes, in some aspects he's been somewhat disappointing.

RNH doesn't win a Hart trophy ever. Pair him with 1988 Gretzky and still nope.

He'll never score 70-80 points unless carried there by McDavid.

He is not and never has been a player in the Hall/Seguin/Duchene tier and never will be.

He doesn't have the extra gear those players have or the desire to get there.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
RNH is doesn't win a Hart trophy ever. Pair him with 1988 Gretzky and still nope.

He'll never score 70-80 points unless carried there by McDavid.

He is not and never has been a player in the Hall/Seguin/Duchene tier and never will be.

dude even NJ fans are admitting that that Hart was an aberration. Granted Hall has shown more than RNH offensively but like i said i don't think he pisses much of a drop in our current situation as a secondary player.
differnce is seguin and duchene are supremely talented and skilled hockey players. hall gets by more with speed and determination (when he feels like it). it's tough to be a good contributor with his abilities in a secondary role where he aint force fed all the pp time and great offensive opportunities. when hall isn't playing with fire and determination (which it seems like th case now) he's a huge deteriment to the team. he gets lazy and thinks he can skill his way by.... but he flat out is not really a highly skilled player. this is why fans in NJ are calling him out for being so dumb on the ice. he's not a cerebral player and a skilled player. Him winning the hart maybe makes him think that he is and he lost his way from what made him successful a couple years ago.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
dude even NJ fans are admitting that that Hart was an aberration. Granted Hall has shown more than RNH offensively but like i said i don't think he pisses much of a drop in our current situation as a secondary player.
differnce is seguin and duchene are supremely talented and skilled hockey players. hall gets by more with speed and determination (when he feels like it). it's tough to be a good contributor with his abilities in a secondary role where he aint force fed all the pp time and great offensive opportunities. when hall isn't playing with fire and determination (which it seems like th case now) he's a huge deteriment to the team. he gets lazy and thinks he can skill his way by.... but he flat out is not really a highly skilled player. this is why fans in NJ are calling him out for being so dumb on the ice. he's not a cerebral player and a skilled player. Him winning the hart maybe makes him think that he is and he lost his way from what made him successful a couple years ago.

Bottom line is RNH will never ever be on that level that even Hall is on. If he was we'd cruise to the playoffs.

It wouldn't be a question of if but of which seed.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

Non sense like this is why no one takes your opinions on Hall seriously.

We get it you don't like him but if your hatred of him was justified you should probably ask yourself why you so often have to resort to making shit up.

Reactions: harpoon and frag2

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Bottom line is RNH will never ever be on that level that even Hall is on. If he was we'd cruise to the playoffs.

It wouldn't be a question of if but of which seed.

what you mean the same player that has one goal all season and is being called out by fans for playing like cr**?? And doing this while playing on the 1st line and 1st pp and with the 2 top talents on his line at all times?....

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Non sense like this is why no one takes your opinions on Hall seriously.

We get it you don't like him but if your hatred of him was justified you should probably ask yourself why you so often have to resort to making **** up.

seen it here in edmonton with him far too often. not making it up.

believe me it's not just him. i dislike gagner as a player quite a bit even though i think gagner is probably a quality human being.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
seen it here in edmonton with him far too often. not making it up.

You ain't seen shit. He never got to play with McDavid and Draisaitl and Neal of today on a PP and get outlet passes from Bear, Klefbom, Nurse and play ahead of solid goaltending.

He got to play with dog shit here including two very disappointing no.1 overalls in Yakupov and RNH. 2nd best player on most of his Oiler teams was Jordan Eberle, lol and the best d-man he ever had was Ryan Whitney for 40 games before he destroyed his foot.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
what you mean the same player that has one goal all season and is being called out by fans for playing like cr**?? And doing this while playing on the 1st line and 1st pp and with the 2 top talents on his line at all times?....

Still on pace for more points than RNH while coming off not playing for like 8 months.

RNH gets to play on a PP with McDavid, Draisaitl, and Neal.

RNH is basically Mike Comrie, lets be f***ing honest.

I had hopes maybe he could be Ottawa Senators Jason Spezza, but he's never going to take that step.

He doesn't want it and doesn't care to improve and he has no fire in his belly whatsoever.

Decent player, valuable because of his position mainly, but he played his best hockey as a rookie and never got back to that level other than coasting off McPoints.

Reactions: frag2

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
You ain't seen ****. He never got to play with McDavid and Draisaitl and Neal of today on a PP and get outlet passes from Bear, Klefbom, Nurse and play ahead of solid goaltending.

He got to play with dog **** here including two very disappointing no.1 overalls in Yakupov and RNH. 2nd best player on most of his Oiler teams was Jordan Eberle, lol and the best d-man he ever had was Ryan Whitney for 40 games before he destroyed his foot.

keep telling yourself that. whatever you think, we're not bringing him back. a lot of smarter hockey people than yourself that are currently running the team will see to that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
keep telling yourself that. whatever you think, we're not bringing him back. a lot of smarter hockey people than yourself that are currently running the team will see to that.

Yippie so we're going to gamble on some "maybes" that "hopefully" can "click with RNH" ... who has clicked with almost no one here in 8 years.

For a "pass first center" he has chemistry problems all the time.

I'd rather have someone I know is going to produce 60 points than another "well lets try and see if player 2028474574 has chemistry with Nuge".

Won't surprise me at all if they do grab a Kreider or someone even (lets say) that it turns out lo and behold, RNH doesn't have chemistry with them. So I'm just tired of that bull shit, I want someone I know is an actual baller, not a maybe because Ryan Nugent Hopkins just doesn't bring it, he needs a winger that will carry him.

Dude needs to man up and train like an actual professional instead of training with his freaking brother every off-season. Guys like McDavid and Hall and Nurse are at the Biosteel camp and this guy is taking tips from his brother who probably can't even play in the AHL.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Yippie so we're going to gamble on some "maybes" that "hopefully" can "click with RNH" ... who has clicked with almost no one here in 8 years.

For a "pass first center" he has chemistry problems all the time.

Not saying we dont have a problem but hall isn't the answer. it's just going to take time to develop talent from within and to change the way we do things to grow the confidence of other players other than Connor and Drai.

Trust me, I love the Nuge but i am also pretty disappointed with the way he's developed. He's still a good player who does a lot of good things but ya, i was hoping for more of an offensive drive from him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not saying we dont have a problem but hall isn't the answer. it's just going to take time to develop talent from within and to change the way we do things to grow the confidence of other players other than Connor and Drai.

Trust me, I love the Nuge but i am also pretty disappointed with the way he's developed. He's still a good player who does a lot of good things but ya, i was hoping for more of an offensive drive from him.

Nah enough of that "wait" shit. This team is good enough to make the playoffs this year.

No more flushing years down the toilet because RNH can't change his diaper.

Bring in someone who can drive line 2 offence. Our prospect pool on D is good but it's not there at forward. Waiting 2-3 years for that "build up" is not an acceptable strategy.

This team is good enough to be in the playoffs this year. And next year. Give McDavid and Draisiatl a line driving 60 point winger who can play on their own line and it's a done deal.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Nah enough of that "wait" ****. This team is good enough to make the playoffs this year.

No more flushing years down the toilet because RNH can't change his diaper.

Bring in someone who can drive line 2 offence. Our prospect pool on D is good but it's not there at forward. Waiting 2-3 years for that "build up" is not an acceptable strategy.

This team is good enough to be in the playoffs. Give McDavid and Draisiatl a line driving 60 point player who can play on their own line and it's a done deal.

that'd be nice... but hall won't drive a second line. and you're definitely not going to pay him whatever it'll cost for him not to do that. it would be on the level of chia stupid to bring hall back.

Reactions: McRpro

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
that'd be nice... but hall won't drive a second line. and you're definitely not going to pay him whatever it'll cost for him not to do that. it would be on the level of chia stupid to bring hall back.

He can score 60 points there, he has done it plenty of times here.

I'm getting to the point where I don't even care if he resigns, but I think he will anyway.

No playoffs for 13/14 years is a f***ing embarrassment, what kind of "culture" are you building when you are telling your best players it's OK to throw away some of the best years of their careers.

That's not positive at all. We wanted better goaltending. We got it. We wanted an offensive right shot D to step up out of our system. We got it. We wanted Nurse to take the next step in his development. We got it. We wanted Draisaitl to be even better. We got it. We were hoping for Neal to give us the offence Lucic was supposed to. We got it and then some.

We owe it to this group to give them a fair shot at playoffs, I'm not willing to flush probably the next two years down the toilet because RNH still can't ride his bike without the safety wheels on 8 years in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad