Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I honestly hope Haas can do well, because I still see 3C as our biggest hole. If Haas sticks, our biggest need is a middle 6 winger - either for Nuge-Neal if they can't figure it out with Chiasson/Nygard, or for the third line where we still need scoring.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If we end up top of the division by being awesome @ special teams people will stil whine about ES-points.

Who cares how we win, as long as we win? Right?
Cause we won't keep winning if our bottom 6 continues its 7 goals on the season pace

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Well this is a trade and rumour thread so we point out the deficiencies on the team that need to be improved such as our bottom 6. They have been downright horrid offensively this season and it’s worrisome as I’m not sure if McDrai can carry the full load for the whole season. Gagner should help but I think at least 1 of our other wingers should be upgraded or swapped out for a more offensive-minded winger.
Edit: I don't really see a rumour or proposal though, just complaining about our bottom 9, or bottom 8 (which is more convenient until Nuge scores a few, then bottom 7 I suppose).
For the rest never mind.

Last edited:

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Think we could fit Zucker and Tierney?

I would assume we would have to send the following pieces for each deal or something close:

Pulju + Pick + Cap Dump (Gagner?) for Tierney

Jones + Pick + Cap Dump (Manning?) for Zucker

Drai - McDavid - Kassian
Zucker - RNH - Neal
Chiasson - Tierney - Jurco/Nygard/Granlund
Khaira - Sheahan - Russell
Jurco/Nygard/Granlund

I think that solves our depth problems and we have about 1.4M in cap space but when Larsson comes back we likely need to look at moving Benning to stay cap compliant.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
In Ben Stein voice

“Kenny... Kenny???”

do you think Holland watches the games or is he satisfied thinks his Euro signings are scoring a Ppg and his job done for the year?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Think we could fit Zucker and Tierney?

I would assume we would have to send the following pieces for each deal or something close:

Pulju + Pick + Cap Dump (Gagner?) for Tierney

Jones + Pick + Cap Dump (Manning?) for Zucker

Drai - McDavid - Kassian
Zucker - RNH - Neal
Chiasson - Tierney - Jurco/Nygard/Granlund
Khaira - Sheahan - Russell
Jurco/Nygard/Granlund

I think that solves our depth problems and we have about 1.4M in cap space but when Larsson comes back we likely need to look at moving Benning to stay cap compliant.

I don't really think Zucker is a fit on the second line.

They need someone skilled enough to carry the puck and make passes. Zucker is more of a guy who skates as fast as he can at the net and hopes he scores.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Who is realistically available as an offensive #3C?
Spezza? Maybe Zacha? Even more unlikely Faksa?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
In Ben Stein voice

“Kenny... Kenny???”

do you think Holland watches the games or is he satisfied thinks his Euro signings are scoring a Ppg and his job done for the year?
Your fixation on the Euro guys is so odd to me considering two of them are currently on the IR and the other just came back from a stint in the minors.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I don't really think Zucker is a fit on the second line.

They need someone skilled enough to carry the puck and make passes. Zucker is more of a guy who skates as fast as he can at the net and hopes he scores.
Fair enough I am just thinking of players who may be fits. What is abundantly clear is we need a true 3C and a 2LW.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Chiasson for Baertschi maybe? Heck, Chiasson, Benning and a second for Baertschi and Goldobin?

Last edited:

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Your fixation on the Euro guys is so odd to me considering two of them are currently on the IR and the other just came back from a stint in the minors.

Wait you mean the two guys Hollsnd targeted over real NHL players are not playing??? Wonder if he knows that

I am going to call him Tambolland until he address the depth on this team. Same stubborn “evaluate” attitude. If he can not tell after 10+ games this teams depth is still shit he is not the hockey mind I thought he was

Reactions: Peanut Butter

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Wait you mean the two guys Hollsnd targeted over real NHL players are not playing??? Wonder if he knows that

I am going to call him Tambolland until he address the depth on this team. Same stubborn “evaluate” attitude. If he can not tell after 10+ games this teams depth is still **** he is not the hockey mind I thought he was
I mean he probably knows. It's more the who is willing to play ball, can he fit it in cap wise and is it really worth the asking price

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
f*** it, lets do it.

Larsson
Puljujarvi
Gagner (cap dump)
EDM 1st (condition on Oilers making playoffs)

for

Taylor Hall
Pavel Zacha

Draisaitl McDavid Kassian
Hall RNH Neal
Nygard Zacha Chiasson
Khaira Sheahan Archibald

Bye Granlund.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
**** it, lets do it.

Larsson
Puljujarvi
Chiasson (cap dump)

for

Taylor Hall
Pavel Zacha

Just a wee bit too much for Hall tbh and I don't think they will give Zacha, he seems to being finally doing ok.

edit: didnt see the condition. Mite b cool.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
**** it, lets do it.

Larsson
Puljujarvi
Gagner (cap dump)

for

Taylor Hall
Pavel Zacha

Draisaitl McDavid Kassian
Hall RNH Neal
Nygard Zacha Chiasson
Khaira Sheahan Archibald

Bye Granlund.

Let's really really not.... more quotes from NJ board....

With the way Hall has been playing, I'm not so sure signing him long term is a good idea. You could be on the hook with the next Jamie Benn type contract. If you can get him a sign and trade similar or better than Stone's, you take it and run.
This is where I'm beginning to lean now.

Hall has not been that dynamic player we got a couple of seasons ago.

And that year is looking more and more like an aberration and this Hall we are getting is looking more and more like the Norm.

I'd trade him to get whatever I can get for him before he loses more value as the season progresses.

We'll see what happens this November....

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Let's really really not.... more quotes from NJ board....

With the way Hall has been playing, I'm not so sure signing him long term is a good idea. You could be on the hook with the next Jamie Benn type contract. If you can get him a sign and trade similar or better than Stone's, you take it and run.
This is where I'm beginning to lean now.

Hall has not been that dynamic player we got a couple of seasons ago.

And that year is looking more and more like an aberration and this Hall we are getting is looking more and more like the Norm.

I'd trade him to get whatever I can get for him before he loses more value as the season progresses.

We'll see what happens this November....

I don't give a shit.

Even a 60 point player on the 2nd line who has actual testosterone running through their veins instead of apple juice like RNH does gets us into the playoffs.

McDavid and Draisaitl deserve to play there, we have enough picks from the last two drafts.

Enough is enough of trying to fit in middling players like the Stromes and Spooners and Jurcos and Ratties of the world and banking on RNH pushing anything for this team when they need him.

Give McDavid and Draisaitl even a 60-65 point line driver on the 2nd line and they will do the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad