Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If Hall will take RNH money then I would take him. If he wants Draisaitl+ money then pass on him.

RNH = Hall in value once you factor in lack of #2C in this league.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Thanks Mrs.Hall
Figured we'd save ourselves a lot of time finally coming to terms with the fact that we traded him three years ago.

Seems kind of silly eating up 80% of this thread discussing something that makes so little sense.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
He can score 60 points there, he has done it plenty of times here.

I'm getting to the point where I don't even care if he resigns, but I think he will anyway.

No playoffs for 13/14 years is a ****ing embarrassment, what kind of "culture" are you building when you are telling your best players it's OK to throw away some of the best years of their careers.

That's not positive at all. We wanted better goaltending. We got it. We wanted an offensive right shot D to step up out of our system. We got it. We wanted Nurse to take the next step in his development. We got it. We wanted Draisaitl to be even better. We got it. We were hoping for Neal to give us the offence Lucic was supposed to. We got it and then some.

We owe it to this group to give them a fair shot at playoffs, I'm not willing to flush probably the next two years down the toilet because RNH still can't ride his bike without the safety wheels on 8 years in.

A maybe 60 pt player in a secondary role who has a lot of flaws in his game for 10 plus mil.... great signing chia...

it makes no sense why you're so hung up on hall. there are other players we can get that are cheaper with skill and has less flaws in their game.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They need to push for the playoffs this year.

The D and goaltending has made large strides, the PK is finally decent, and Leon and Connor are busting their asses off while Neal is scoring a ton of goals.

Enough is enough, no more wasted seasons. If these "support players" can't do the job then we have assets to sell if need be. The 1st round pick, Larsson, Puljujarvi. Whatever it takes. This division is wide open too.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Figured we'd save ourselves a lot of time finally coming to terms with the fact that we traded him three years ago.

Seems kind of silly eating up 80% of this thread discussing something that makes so little sense.
He did not want out and we traded him to add a top4 Dman.
Chance of Hall coming back is much higher than Eberle or Strome coming back.
Factor in the thread title, contract status, team need and Hall discussions are valid.

Reactions: ivanlwan and frag2

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
A maybe 60 pt player in a secondary role who has a lot of flaws in his game for 10 plus mil.... great signing chia...

it makes no sense why you're so hung up on hall. there are other players we can get that are cheaper with skill and has less flaws in their game.

Says people are hung up on Hall

Goes to NJ forum to bitch about Hall

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Says people are hung up on Hall

Goes to NJ forum to ***** about Hall

giphy.gif

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton

Do you watch many Jersey games?

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Do you watch many Jersey games?

a few. to me there's not much different in his game than what i saw here. some refinement and improvement but still. also a lot of things said about him on the nj board reminds me of what we said about him here. the thing is now people aren't even arguing the hall detractors. it seems widely accepted there that maybe they don't want hall back. seemed like the same trend that happened here towards the end. people finally realizing. only some of us seem to be glutton for punishment wanting a return.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
a few. to me there's not much different in his game than what i saw here. some refinement and improvement but still. also a lot of things said about him on the nj board reminds me of what we said about him here. the thing is now people aren't even arguing the hall detractors. it seems widely accepted there that maybe they don't want hall back. seemed like the same trend that happened here towards the end. people finally realizing. only some of us seem to be glutton for punishment wanting a return.
Lol.

You're so full of it.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He did not want out and we traded him to add a top4 Dman.
Chance of Hall coming back is much higher than Eberle or Strome coming back.
Factor in the thread title, contract status, team need and Hall discussions are valid.
Didn't say that he wanted out. Said that we traded him. Now considering the fact we're not a legitimate contender this season, the idea that we'd spend the required assets to trade for him as an impending UFA seems a tad bit silly considering the fact we're primary looking for a second line winger and a third line center in the short term.

Looking at the BMW when the Chevy Cruze will do just fine.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Not really interested in engaging with the poster you are replying to, but aren't like 90+% of your posts lately about Larsson being traded, and half of those posts about getting Hall back? You are pretty mono-thematic as well, even if not at the level of the other poster.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
believe me it's not just him. i dislike gagner as a player quite a bit even though i think gagner is probably a quality human being
Dislikes Hall, Eberle and Gagner. Thinks RNH is a ‘valuable unit on the first PP. Good with the puck and makes good decisions’. :facepalm:

RNH has three moves on the PP ..

1) backhand pass to Klefbom. Usually hurried and slightly off pace causing Klefbom to f*** it up again and the Oilers to lose zone. This is what RNH does with about fifty percent of his PP touches.

2) forced pass across the slot toward Draisaitl. I’ve seen it work twice so far this year. This is what RNH does with about thirty percent of his PP touches.

3) move toward the mid slot and attempt a shot on goal. This is his best move yet he only does it about twenty percent of the time.

Which of those plays - that aren’t fooling any defenders ever I might add - would lead you to believe that RNH is a good decision maker? Since you’re busting out the Hall hating hyperbole again today, I’ll follow suit and say that most of the time Gagner, Hall or Eberle would all be making better puck decisions than RNH on the PP.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Wait you mean the two guys Hollsnd targeted over real NHL players are not playing??? Wonder if he knows that

I am going to call him Tambolland until he address the depth on this team. Same stubborn “evaluate” attitude. If he can not tell after 10+ games this teams depth is still **** he is not the hockey mind I thought he was

Do you not realize how handcuffed he was by the previous regime?
You do know that he got the team's leading goal scorer and all it took was giving up the worst contract in the league to get him, probably the best trade of the offseason. Tambolland? Pfft

The guy did all he could considering the lack of assets and cap space he had to work with. Guys like Granlund and Sheahan have had multiple double digit goal scoring seasons in the NHL, Archibald had 12 last year. He signed one of the most coveted Euro free agents in Nygard, all for cheap 1 year contracts. Is it his fault that these guys are all having career worst seasons thus far?

The reality is that we won't see Holland put his stamp on the team until he gains some flexibility. He should have a little more breathing room this offseason so we'll see more of "his guys" brought in. This wasn't going to be fixed overnight. Surely you know this, right?

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
You do know that he got the team's leading goal scorer and all it took was giving up the worst contract in the league to get him, probably the best trade of the offseason. Tambolland? Pfft

The guy did all he could considering the lack of assets and cap space he had to work with. Guys like Granlund and Sheahan have had multiple double digit goal scoring seasons in the NHL, Archibald had 12 last year. He signed one of the most coveted Euro free agents in Nygard, all for cheap 1 year contracts. Is it his fault that these guys are all having career worst seasons thus far?

The reality is that we won't see Holland put his stamp on the team until he gains some flexibility. He should have a little more breathing room this offseason so we'll see more of "his guys" brought in. This wasn't going to be fixed overnight. Surely you know this, right?

It absolutely is his fault all the bottom 6 guys he brought in suck. There was a reason why archibald and granlund didn’t get qualifying offers from their previous teams and there is a reason why Sheahan has been bouncing around like crazy.

Overpaid khaira and chiasson too while he was at it.

There was plenty of opportunity to properly overhaul the bottom 6.

He swung and missed on all of it. The bottom half of the forward group is just as bad, if not worse, as it was last season.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It absolutely is his fault all the bottom 6 guys he brought in suck. There was a reason why archibald and granlund didn’t get qualifying offers from their previous teams and there is a reason why Sheahan has been bouncing around like crazy.

He swung and missed on all of it. The bottom half of the forward group is just as bad, if not worse, as it was last season.
Did he? The PK is in the top ten right now after finishing 30th last season and was the league's worst over the previous two.

Yep, the guys who generally score very little haven't scored at all through twelve games. But we're talking about guys who give you about twenty points a year individually. Some of them will come. Hopefully soon.

Last edited:

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Dislikes Hall, Eberle and Gagner. Thinks RNH is a ‘valuable unit on the first PP. Good with the puck and makes good decisions’. :facepalm:

RNH has three moves on the PP ..

1) backhand pass to Klefbom. Usually hurried and slightly off pace causing Klefbom to **** it up again and the Oilers to lose zone. This is what RNH does with about fifty percent of his PP touches.

2) forced pass across the slot toward Draisaitl. I’ve seen it work twice so far this year. This is what RNH does with about thirty percent of his PP touches.

3) move toward the mid slot and attempt a shot on goal. This is his best move yet he only does it about twenty percent of the time.

Which of those plays - that aren’t fooling any defenders ever I might add - would lead you to believe that RNH is a good decision maker? Since you’re busting out the Hall hating hyperbole again today, I’ll follow suit and say that most of the time Gagner, Hall or Eberle would all be making better puck decisions than RNH on the PP.

You clearly have no idea what you're watching. Nuge does a lot of those little handles when pressured very well. Keeps the play alive in those tight areas with heads up skill. Things Hall would never be able to do. RNH has disappointed 5 v5, no doubt and he still has consistency issues and yes he has issues with intensity from time to time. I'm not pleased with him as a whole either.

Ebs is ok on the pp. Hall can be ok if he sticks to what he knows but is not at RNH level simply because he's not as good or smart with the puck.

We've seen here how dominant guys like Nuge and Ebs were in 3 v 3 OT. They can handle the puck well and smart with the puck with more time and space. Hall was not nearly as good.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Did he? The PK is in the top ten right now after finishing 30th last season and was the league's worst over the previous two.

Yep, the guys who generally score very little haven't scored at all through two games. But we're talking about guys who give you about twenty points a year individually. Some of them will come. Hopefully soon.
I think the goaltending might have something to do with that.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

So how would you have "properly" overhauled the bottom six. Please enlighten us, because from where I'm sitting I see a team that is 8-3-1, first in the division with stellar special teams, solid goaltending, and star players doing what star players do. Haas and Nygard have been good with the former being underused and the latter suffering an injury as he was getting his legs going.

Obviously there's still secondary scoring issues, and a couple of guys aren't working but that happens on literally every team in every sport every year. This team is not worse than last years. Khaira regressed as did Chiasson but let's be real of he let Chiasson walk after potting 20 last year people like you would be clamouring to point out how stupid it was. An extra 750k to Chase is NOT sinking this team. Good Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
They need to push for the playoffs this year.

The D and goaltending has made large strides, the PK is finally decent, and Leon and Connor are busting their asses off while Neal is scoring a ton of goals.

Enough is enough, no more wasted seasons. If these "support players" can't do the job then we have assets to sell if need be. The 1st round pick, Larsson, Puljujarvi. Whatever it takes. This division is wide open too.

I'm not sure the D has made a large stride. I think the goalies are playing above their heads (as the underlying stats show) and its likely to come back down.

The bottom 7 forwards only have 1 goal. This team isn't going anywhere with that.

I'm not selling the farm based on a hot start.

If in December the team is still looking good we can circle back then.

Reactions: belair

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
In Holland, we now have the "anti-Chia". He will be patient with the bottom 6 and hope they get going offensively...I think we see a maximum of two, maybe three in-season trades this year.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019

sorry do not buy the cap excuse you just Pens get rid of useless Gudbranson for nothing

Aldo I am not asking for expensive adds look at Boyle signed after season started 1 g 1 a against us

Tambolland is choosing himself not to make the team better it is all on him

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think the goaltending might have something to do with that.

Who brought in Smith?

@Snowpants

Yes, Holland is CHOOSING to not improve the team. Makes sense.
The bottom 6 signings have been busts thus far (although Nygard was playing fairly well before injury) but when you sign guys for a $1m and under, this is what you get most times. He tried for Brassard but Brassard chose the Islanders. He tried for Simmonds but Simmonds chose the Devils. What can ya do?
He did get Neal (you know, 10 goals in 12 games Neal) for Lucic, are you going to ignore that and call him Tambo some more?

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Who brought in Smith?

@Snowpants

Yes, Holland is CHOOSING to not improve the team. Makes sense.
The bottom 6 signings have been busts thus far (although Nygard was playing fairly well before injury) but when you sign guys for a $1m and under, this is what you get most times.
He did get Neal (you know, 10 goals in 12 games Neal) for Lucic, are you going to ignore that and call him Tambo some more?
Smith has been hot and cold for the season so far. Koskinen on the other hand has been remarkably consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad