Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Who brought in Smith?

@Snowpants

Yes, Holland is CHOOSING to not improve the team. Makes sense.
The bottom 6 signings have been busts thus far (although Nygard was playing fairly well before injury) but when you sign guys for a $1m and under, this is what you get most times. He tried for Brassard but Brassard chose the Islanders. He tried for Simmonds but Simmonds chose the Devils. What can ya do?
He did get Neal (you know, 10 goals in 12 games Neal) for Lucic, are you going to ignore that and call him Tambo some more?

Pfft, not even a goal per game. Tambolland sucks.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Who brought in Smith?

@Snowpants

Yes, Holland is CHOOSING to not improve the team. Makes sense.
The bottom 6 signings have been busts thus far (although Nygard was playing fairly well before injury) but when you sign guys for a $1m and under, this is what you get most times. He tried for Brassard but Brassard chose the Islanders. He tried for Simmonds but Simmonds chose the Devils. What can ya do?
He did get Neal (you know, 10 goals in 12 games Neal) for Lucic, are you going to ignore that and call him Tambo some more?

Pretty much. We should be happy we got a 8-3-1 Record right now. No one here would have predicted us being 1st in our Division by end of October.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Probably time to make a major change to the bottom-6 and the make a statement roster move.

Trade:

To WPG: Manning, Gagner, Jones and a 3rd 2021

To EDM: Perreault and Bitetto

To LA: Gamberdella, Graham McPhee, 2022 2nd and 2020 4th

To EDM: Toffoli($2M retained)

Waive: Khaira and Granlund

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
RNH has developed no chemistry with any forward here in like 8 years other than Eberle/Hall at times and McDavid. And even with Eberle, the one year we needed them in 16-17 where everyone else was playing pretty well ... they kept dissapearing.

Guy is a very frustrating player.

Leaning on RNH to lead our 2nd line was a massive, massive mistake. He can't do it.

Hall would have the same number of PP points as RNH does here and more 5v5. There's nothing special about RNH picking up gimmes from McDavid and Draisaitl and Neal on the PP, Hall can do that too.

so RNH shows up 3/10 games and isn’t even that dominant in the ones he shows up in.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Probably time to make a major change to the bottom-6 and the make a statement roster move.

Trade:

To WPG: Manning, Gagner, Jones and a 3rd 2021

To EDM: Perreault and Bitetto

To LA: Gamberdella, Graham McPhee, 2022 2nd and 2020 4th

To EDM: Toffoli($2M retained)

Waive: Khaira and Granlund
Toffoli makes top 6 money and is slow as molasses. No thanks.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
honestly, what are we going to do about our bottom 6. It's seriously sinking us
bring up AHL guys will result in our PK getting dropped, we need to find a solution through a combination of trade and AHL guys

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It absolutely is his fault all the bottom 6 guys he brought in suck. There was a reason why archibald and granlund didn’t get qualifying offers from their previous teams and there is a reason why Sheahan has been bouncing around like crazy.

Overpaid khaira and chiasson too while he was at it.

There was plenty of opportunity to properly overhaul the bottom 6.

He swung and missed on all of it. The bottom half of the forward group is just as bad, if not worse, as it was last season.
When you are severely crippled and handcuffed by the previous idiot that was here, all you can do is try to take a few hacks and hope you get a few hits. I don't blame Holland one bit. He did great by getting rid of Lurch and hedging his bets on Neal.
This is going to take some time. Making the playoffs this year would be some massive gravy.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think the goaltending might have something to do with that.
It may. How do you defend that theory though?

Understandable people expect tangible results from these guys, but Ken Holland himself stated he's looking for guys who can provide ten goals throughout an entire season. We're twelve games in.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Dislikes Hall, Eberle and Gagner. Thinks RNH is a ‘valuable unit on the first PP. Good with the puck and makes good decisions’. :facepalm:

RNH has three moves on the PP ..

1) backhand pass to Klefbom. Usually hurried and slightly off pace causing Klefbom to **** it up again and the Oilers to lose zone. This is what RNH does with about fifty percent of his PP touches.

2) forced pass across the slot toward Draisaitl. I’ve seen it work twice so far this year. This is what RNH does with about thirty percent of his PP touches.

3) move toward the mid slot and attempt a shot on goal. This is his best move yet he only does it about twenty percent of the time.

Which of those plays - that aren’t fooling any defenders ever I might add - would lead you to believe that RNH is a good decision maker? Since you’re busting out the Hall hating hyperbole again today, I’ll follow suit and say that most of the time Gagner, Hall or Eberle would all be making better puck decisions than RNH on the PP.

haha that’s actually quite funny. Gagner is basically done as a NHL player. There’s no need to continue your hatred of RNH in an attempt to prop up your boy. From the day RNH took the #1C spot from little Sammy you have hated him. Just let it go brother.

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
sorry do not buy the cap excuse you just Pens get rid of useless Gudbranson for nothing

Aldo I am not asking for expensive adds look at Boyle signed after season started 1 g 1 a against us

Tambolland is choosing himself not to make the team better it is all on him

- UFA's actually have to choose to come here and, news flash: we are not a preferred destination. Boyle was never going to choose us over Florida.
- Alternatively, other teams actually have to agree to trade us good players for the pieces we're willing to give up.​
- We have no cap space.
- Holland recognized the bottom six as a weakness and brought in six new players to help address it.

You're talking like Holland had his choice of elite bottom sixers, all willing to sign for the league minimum on a one year contract with a perennial last place team. And he simply chose not to, because he's an idiot.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
haha that’s actually quite funny. Gagner is basically done as a NHL player. There’s no need to continue your hatred of RNH in an attempt to prop up your boy. From the day RNH took the #1C spot from little Sammy you have hated him. Just let it go brother.
I wouldn't say he's done necessarily. He's got some game left but he'll need to reassess to stay in an NHL roster. He's not the skilled forward he once was.

I wonder if Holland is easing him into a player-coach type role. Gagner did mention how Holland told him to keep an eye on how the coaching staff operated when he was initially sent down.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Pretty much. We should be happy we got a 8-3-1 Record right now. No one here would have predicted us being 1st in our Division by end of October.

Don't be fooled by the hot start, we've had the second easiest start in the NHL by quality of competition. If we were even a .500 team right now we'd be trending towards another bottom 5 finish

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm not sure the D has made a large stride. I think the goalies are playing above their heads (as the underlying stats show) and its likely to come back down.

The bottom 7 forwards only have 1 goal. This team isn't going anywhere with that.

I'm not selling the farm based on a hot start.

If in December the team is still looking good we can circle back then.

People do realize the Oilers have been in a playoff spot for both of the last two Decembers right?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Getting hit in the nuts yesterday didn't help. He should have been yanked right after that, regardless of how he said he felt.

Well...once the player says he is okay and the trainers confirm that then it really doesnt make sense to yank him after he played a solid period of hockey.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Reactions: TB12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad