Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
haha that’s actually quite funny. Gagner is basically done as a NHL player. There’s no need to continue your hatred of RNH in an attempt to prop up your boy. From the day RNH took the #1C spot from little Sammy you have hated him. Just let it go brother.

Gagner is serviceable as a bottom 6 player and that's what he's brought in to be at this point. Just a filler player where you have him spot here there. RNH is supposed to be an impact player on the roster and can't break 56 points unless McDavid is doing the heavy work for him. And he still has the same weaknesses from the day we drafted him.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I wouldn't say he's done necessarily. He's got some game left but he'll need to reassess to stay in an NHL roster. He's not the skilled forward he once was.

I wonder if Holland is easing him into a player-coach type role. Gagner did mention how Holland told him to keep an eye on how the coaching staff operated when he was initially sent down.

I’d be very cool with that. Sam has great instincts and brain in the offensive zone. He just never had the effort to become a complete player. Him being very well liked by his peers would also make sense for what you say.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Gagner is serviceable as a bottom 6 player and that's what he's brought in to be at this point. Just a filler player where you have him spot here there. RNH is supposed to be an impact player on the roster and can't break 56 points unless McDavid is doing the heavy work for him. And he still has the same weaknesses from the day we drafted him.
Next to Yakupov he’s the worst 1st overall pick of this decade. Hischer might challenge him but he’s a very disappointing player. The fact he can’t anchor even a second line at this point is just nuts to me.

Reactions: frag2

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Gagner at this point is a last ditch effort on the 4th line for the team with the worst bottom 6 in the league. He’s not much more that a 2nd loner in the AHL who excels on the PP.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Probably time to make a major change to the bottom-6 and the make a statement roster move.

Trade:

To WPG: Manning, Gagner, Jones and a 3rd 2021

To EDM: Perreault and Bitetto

To LA: Gamberdella, Graham McPhee, 2022 2nd and 2020 4th

To EDM: Toffoli($2M retained)

Waive: Khaira and Granlund

why would teams not named the oilers do those trades?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Next to Yakupov he’s the worst 1st overall pick of this decade. Hischer might challenge him but he’s a very disappointing player. The fact he can’t anchor even a second line at this point is just nuts to me.
He can anchor a 2nd line. Just not a 2nd line with no other 2nd liners on it...

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

What's Neal? Enough with the excuses that he has no one to play with.

He's only anchoring the 2nd line because he's the only other center we have unless we split up Drai and McD. For a 1st overall, guy can't drive anything. He still relies on another player to do the heavy lifting. He's supposed to make his line mates better but he doesn't do that at all.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He has James Neal now. This is the best linemate he’s had in years and he’s had over a month going back to camp to find a way to make it work. Something has got to give.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I dunno if Dallas wants to shake things up or not, but

Seguin @1 mill retained

for

RNH + Caleb Jones + Puljujarvi

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I dunno if Dallas wants to shake things up or not, but

Seguin @1 mill retained

for

RNH + Caleb Jones + Puljujarvi

I'd probably do.

Works for me. Then ignore the Hall talk unless he wants back at a legit discount

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Are you just choosing to ignore his career 70point season last year where he wasn't stapled to McDavid?

Or does that just not fit this narrative? How many 80-90 point players are centering a second line across the league?

Like,what the actual f*** do you even want?

Reactions: CaptainSexyPants

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Even with James Neal he is basically shorthanded all the time as thye have a plug on the other side.
Lots of teams have success without 6 top 6 forwards. You think Nuge is the only 2C in the nhl that doesn’t have two bonafide 50 point wingers on his line? Far from it.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Are you just choosing to ignore his career 70point season last year where he wasn't stapled to McDavid?

Or does that just not fit this narrative? How many 80-90 point players are centering a second line across the league?

Like,what the actual **** do you even want?
Last year was last year. He’s in a better situation this year and is playing worse. Looking like last year was the outlier. He’s likely right back to being a middling 50 point player with the start he’s had.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Last year was last year. He’s in a better situation this year and is playing worse. Looking like last year was the outlier. He’s likely right back to being a middling 50 point player with the start he’s had.
It's 12 games. You have no point at all.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

It's actually 69 points ;)

Reactions: GOilers88

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

He did still play a large chunk of last season with McDavid and had tons of top unit PP time. He's not a 70 point player. I don't think honestly he's even a 60 point player unless you give himself someone better than him to play with.

Reactions: frag2 and MessierII

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Lots of teams have success without 6 top 6 forwards. You think Nuge is the only 2C in the nhl that doesn’t have two bonafide 50 point wingers on his line? Far from it.
He's quite possibly the only one who has to work with a borderline NHL'er on one side, and a guy who is basically only effective as a shooter.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Nuge is ok when he actually decides to carry the puck. That line finally did against Philly and were vey good. Since then Nuge has gone back to chipping and chasing 90% of the time.

Neal was highly succesful w Malkin cuz they created room for eachother. Nuge is wasting Neals talents by forcing him to forecheck all the time

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
He did still play a large chunk of last season with McDavid and had tons of top unit PP time. He's not a 70 point player. I don't think honestly he's even a 60 point player unless you give him someone better than him to play with.
You're right, 69. MY BAD. And every good player in the league who puts up north of 60 points gets PP time. Why the hell do people keep trying to act like PP points are a negative? Like it somehow counts against a player. It's absolutely ridiculous

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

McDavid was his most common linemate last year.

40 of his 69 points were with him.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He's quite possibly the only one who has to work with a borderline NHL'er on one side, and a guy who is basically only effective as a shooter.
Arizona Coyotes second line wingers are grabner and hinnestroza, calgaries last game were Sam Bennett and Allan Quinne, Bo Horvat currently centres Tanner Pearson and Jake Vitrtanen.

These are the teams we’re competing with. I’m sick of hearing how hard done by Nuge is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad