Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Getting Ottawa's 2nd + pretty much anything would be a great return for Puljujarvi. The Sens 2nd is almost certainly going to be 32nd overall, so we'd basically be getting a 1st.

An that 2nd has about a 30-40% chance of being at best a solid 3rd liner which Puljujarvi already is. There are three players form Puljujarvi's draft year picked in the 2nd round or later that have had any impact at the NHL level. Debrincat, Girard and Bratt. Unfortunately, you lose this trade 9/10 times.

I still think the Oilers best bet is to be patient with any trade they make with him.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
An that 2nd has about a 30-40% chance of being at best a solid 3rd liner which Puljujarvi already is. There are three players form Puljujarvi's draft year picked in the 2nd round or later that have had any impact at the NHL level. Debrincat, Girard and Bratt. Unfortunately, you lose this trade 9/10 times.

I still think the Oilers best bet is to be patient with any trade they make with him.
Our last three 2nd-rounders were Benson, McLeod, and Lavoie. I'd trade Pulju for a player of that calibre and an add-on.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Our last three 2nd-rounders were Benson, McLeod, and Lavoie. I'd trade Pulju for a player of that calibre and an add-on.
At this point Puljujarvi is better than any of those three. And that is despite the fact that Benson and McLeod have clearly out-performed their draft spots. Would you trade Benson for a second right now??

Things could change going forward but right now dealing him for a 2nd makes little sense.

Reactions: VainGretzky

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Looks like a lot of disappointment with Hall on the NJ boards. Post-Game Talk: - We are the ones who blow leads

NJ posters saying....
"I’m ready to see him go"
"How many bums are on this roster?​
Hayden, hall, palmieri, subban, Schneider, wood"
"If they want to send a message how about Bratt in and Hall as a healthy scratch next game"
"Hall and Palms played so so dumb tonight. Especially in the third when they were needed most."
"Predictions on the return for Hall?
If he continues to play like this , hopefully he doesn’t."
"Look in a mirror Taylor, you guys let the rookie do all the heavy lifting tonight."
"Hall does not deserve 10+ million a year."
"I was militantly on the sign Hall train to start the season, but A) I don't think he is likely to sign and B) I think we might be better off."
"I can’t believe that I used to think that a Hall (resigned) for Johnny Hockey trade was a no go as a devils fan . I’d make that trade now so fast ...."
"Trade please. How about ......... tomorrow?"

People who want Hall back here.... careful what you wish for. I remember the same frustrations with this player here the first go around. Things havent changed much it seems.

Uhhhh.. maybe the team sucks? Or the team is disgruntling him? Does some random HF posters verify as evidence?

Reactions: frag2 and TB12

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
HK’s personal crusade against Hall continues.

Devils fans are frustrated because results aren’t meeting expectations. Some posters at HFOil said McD was ”garbage” and “useless” after his 3 game scoreless drought. So forgive me if I don’t take fans opinions as gospel. Too many trash hot takes on here.

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012

Not that you're wrong, but where'd you get those numbers? 40% seems way high. I'd have wild-guessed the upper end at more like 25%.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Not that you're wrong, but where'd you get those numbers? 40% seems way high. I'd have wild-guessed the upper end at more like 25%.
To be honest I was trying to be as generous as possible. You are probably closer to the actual number who actually stick in the NHL for any length of time. In fact in some years it less. Though I was taking into consideration that the 2nd being discusses was likely in the 32-40 range.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Uhhhh.. maybe the team sucks? Or the team is disgruntling him? Does some random HF posters verify as evidence?

You're right, but it's no less valid than the opinions of people who think Hall should come back here. They've been watching him long enough to know. We've seen him here enough that we should know not to bring him back as well. I guess it's inconsequential to argue. I fully trust Holland to not be stupid enough to bring him back.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Looks like a lot of disappointment with Hall on the NJ boards. Post-Game Talk: - We are the ones who blow leads

NJ posters saying....
"I’m ready to see him go"
"How many bums are on this roster?​
Hayden, hall, palmieri, subban, Schneider, wood"
"If they want to send a message how about Bratt in and Hall as a healthy scratch next game"
"Hall and Palms played so so dumb tonight. Especially in the third when they were needed most."
"Predictions on the return for Hall?
If he continues to play like this , hopefully he doesn’t."
"Look in a mirror Taylor, you guys let the rookie do all the heavy lifting tonight."
"Hall does not deserve 10+ million a year."
"I was militantly on the sign Hall train to start the season, but A) I don't think he is likely to sign and B) I think we might be better off."
"I can’t believe that I used to think that a Hall (resigned) for Johnny Hockey trade was a no go as a devils fan . I’d make that trade now so fast ...."
"Trade please. How about ......... tomorrow?"

People who want Hall back here.... careful what you wish for. I remember the same frustrations with this player here the first go around. Things havent changed much it seems.
I sincerely hope that somehow the Oilers bring Hall back just so we can watch your fat head explode.

ps your constant lurking Hall on the NJ boards is just embarrassing.

Reactions: frag2

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
People say the same stuff about Nugent Hopkins here now and even a year ago people were talking like that about Leon Draisaitl (until he shut them up by going on a giant tear).

NJ has the same problem Edmonton had ... they got two 1st overall picks that aren't really traditionally dominant 1st overalls and that's going to cause a rebuild like that to sputter.

And then people get pissed off because they were expecting a super talented team but they don't really have that.

Hischier and Hughes are decent players but they're not even in that Matthews/Tavares tier, let alone McDavid/Crosby.

Making decisions based on raw emotion is stupid.

Only this time they're right.
"Played so dumb especially in the 3rd per when we needed him most"--- Klef was right.
"Hope he doesnt re-sign"
"better off without him" -addition by subtraction

Very reminiscent of what we thought of him here, especially towards the end.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I sincerely hope that somehow the Oilers bring Hall back just so we can watch your fat head explode.

ps your constant lurking Hall on the NJ boards is just embarrassing.

This. Even if its just a TDL acquisition and ultimately bombs.
No idea why the hate for someone he doesn't even know personally...unless the poster is one of those 'fans' that tried to get Hall's attention and he brushed him/her away and is now on a smear campaign

It's arguably worse than Raab vs Nurse since HK is also lurking the NJ forums

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
"Played so dumb especially in the 3rd per when we needed him most"--- Klef was right.
"Hope he doesnt re-sign"

We? You and a small handful?

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
This. Even if its just a TDL acquisition and ultimately bombs.
No idea why the hate for someone he doesn't even know personally...unless the poster is one of those 'fans' that tried to get Hall's attention and he brushed him/her away and is now on a smear campaign

It's arguably worse than Raab vs Nurse since HK is also lurking the NJ forums

Because i'm a fan of the Oil and I want to see them succeed. You on the other hand don't care. You'd rather have Hall back here and bomb to satisfy you're vendetta against me. If hall came back i'd wish him the best and for him to prove me wrong.

I don't think checking a few times on their boards is excessive. Especially since people are discussing wanting hall back. Again, it's not happening because Holland is a SMART man.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Because i'm a fan of the Oil and I want to see them succeed. You on the other hand don't care. You'd rather have Hall back here and bomb to satisfy you're vendetta against me. If hall came back i'd wish him the best and for him to prove me wrong.

I don't think checking a few times on their boards is excessive. Especially since people are discussing wanting hall back. Again, it's not happening because Holland is a SMART man.

You say you're an Oilers fan but all your junk is about Hall. And then your diatribe about culture this that. Hell, you blamed the Oilers 2 game losing streak on McDavid and this abstract thing 'culture'.

You say Holland is smart man-well if he decides to bring back Hall, then what junk you gonna spew then?

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
You say you're an Oilers fan but all your junk is about Hall. And then your diatribe about culture this that. Hell, you blamed the Oilers 2 game losing streak on McDavid and this abstract thing 'culture'.

You say Holland is smart man-well if he decides to bring back Hall, then what junk you gonna spew then?

Again with your hyperboles. I never "blamed" Connor.
If you can't grasp the concepts of culture and it's importance well thats on you.
Holland won't. And if he does i'd question his sense but still hope for him to be right and for this team to succeed.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Last seen in the NHL, Puljujarvi was not a solid 3rd liner in this league.

The notion of patience also assumes that his value can be increased. I'm not sure that is the case. And at this point it seems like the bridge is good and burned with him here in Edmonton.

I just don't know what the end game with Puljujarvi is if you're Holland if trading him for a 2nd+prospect isn't enough. No one is going to give up a legitimate blue chip prospect. No one is going to give up a 1st rounder.

I suppose maybe you'll be able to get a 3rd liner for him. Maybe that's the deal you make...

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
"Hope he doesnt re-sign"

The one thing that needs to be considered is the difference in the role you need him for this time vs last. You would be bringing him in to play on the second line and be at best the third fiddle.

A lot of his poor decision making happens when he tries to do it all himself. Generally this would happen when the team was struggling. With the current Oilers his main value would be to provide a very significant second level of attack should teams succeed in shutting down McDavid/Draisaitl. He would be against weaker opposition than he has typically seen in his career. Hopefully he is also more mature than he was his first time in Edmonton.

For all of Hall's faults he is an elite player. It's not easy for a team like Edmonton to add elite players. UFA's don't want to play in Edmonton. Hall might be the exception. The cost could be high but the reward could be significant as well.

Reactions: frag2

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
The one thing that needs to be considered is the difference in the role you need him for this time vs last. You would be bringing him in to play on the second line and be at best the third fiddle.

A lot of his poor decision making happens when he tries to do it all himself. Generally this would happen when the team was struggling. With the current Oilers his main value would be to provide a very significant second level of attack should teams succeed in shutting down McDavid/Draisaitl. He would be against weaker opposition than he has typically seen in his career. Hopefully he is also more mature than he was his first time in Edmonton.

For all of Hall's faults he is an elite player. It's not easy for a team like Edmonton to add elite players. UFA's don't want to play in Edmonton. Hall might be the exception. The cost could be high but the reward could be significant as well.

Pretty much this. It gives the team more flexibility if say bottom 6 was struggling, Tipp wouldn't always have to double shift McDavid or Drasaitl. Hall could be slotted in either line's winger position. I mean, hell, Hall made Lander and Arcobello look like average NHLrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad