Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Garrioch says Sens looking at JP. We want a 2nd and a good prospect. Screw the 2nd rounder. Give us Logan Brown please

We’d have to pry him out of Dorion’s cold, dead hands. He’s likened Brown to Spezza, called him one of their top two centres for years to come, and now with Brown forcing his way onto the roster, he’s going nowhere.

Batherson, Norris or Formenton would all be good gets though.

Last edited:

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Haven't flipped through the thread recently, but with Perlini and the Blackhawks having a public divorce, think he'd be worth taking a flyer on in our attempt to add skill/depth/scoring in the lower half of our forward lines. Being that their falling out is public, Im sure the price would be pretty low to go after him.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I haven't followed all of the discussion so excuse me if this is off base. My targets right now for the Oilers would be Tierney and Pageau. 2LW and middle six C, both defend and PK well.

It's kind of ridiculous that we're at this juncture again where the bottom six can't score at all. Russell-Granlund-Gagner, Khaira-Sheahan-Archibald, it all adds up to literally zero points. Last summer my two big targets for the Oilers were Haula and Donskoi (wrote about it here). Donskoi would have been too much cap, but Haula would have fit and was acquired for only a B prospect. He's been electric so far in Carolina. He's as fast as ever and has 7 goals already. I'll give a pass to Holland for now, obviously Smith has been good and Neal amazing, but the bottom six situation is a failure. And in my opinion Draisaitl and McDavid should never be on the PK. Draisaitl can be the best PKer in the league, it doesn't matter, he shouldn't be there. We need every spare ounce of his energy in offensive opportunities.

I think the D & G is strong enough that it's worth it to trade futures to shore up the forwards. They'll have to dump Gagner and Russell to make the cap work (unless Ottawa sees value in Larsson), and that favor means multiple 2nd and 3rd rounders, Pulju, or possibly the 1st, would be heading out the door. I'm not interested in debating the exact price, I'm just arguing that it would be worth it to spend a lot given where the team stands.

Reactions: McDrai

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Puljujarvi should be moved in a deal for a player who either fills the 2LW or 3C role. Depth wingers can be addressed through our farm system and via free agency.

It'd be nice if Khaira used his body as much as those guys do though.

Another guy who fits that mold who'd be an interesting add is Marcus Foligno.
I don't think Pulju can fetch a player who fits either of those roles, unless that player is either old enough to be outside of a rebuilding teams nucleus or overpaid respective to that role. I could see Pulju fetching a project player who could grown into the previously discussed roles and failing that it'll probably just be a 2nd round pick + change.

Nick Ritchie has basically been stuck at the level Pulju was at when he left, but he's been stuck there for even longer, Nick does have that brute physicality though that sometimes gets overvalued (yeah, kinda like Lucic), IMO it's a bad trade, but a part of me also thinks he might be one of those guys who treats his first trade like a wake up call and actually starts applying himself. Lawson Crouse to me lacks the offensive ceiling of Pulju, but I think his defensive game is superior to Pulju and he seems like a safer bet with regards to his floor and could likely be a long term 3rd line fixture like Ethan Moreau.

I'd like to think we could do better or get some sexier names, but a young player who can just play in our bottom six and has an outside shot at more might be all we can reasonably get, while Pulju is younger and I guess the hope he can amount to something more is greater, it seems pretty clear if he falls short of that more he envisions, he's less inclined to stick around in the NHL than either of N. Ritchie or Crouse are.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The bottom 6 hasn't been a total failure... they have been an offensive failure yes... but defensively they have helped the PK to a top 6 position in the NHL and the team is 4th in GAA in the NHL as well.

Some of that defensive success is obviously due to the MUCH better goaltending the team has been getting so far... but also due to better team defense overall as well which that bottom 6 is obviously a part of.

For example, up until this last game... Archibald was perfect on the PK... not allowing a single goal against while he was on the PK... he'll be missed on the PK but hopefully the others down there... Khaira/Granlund/Sheahan/PRussell can fill in and keep the PK going as strong as it has been.

The team has some decent depth in Bakersfield as well... guys like Marody/Benson/Gambardella are decent options to come up and hopefully add some offense and they actually aren't bad defensive players either so I don't think the team will suffer in their own end with one or two of those players added.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Looks like a lot of disappointment with Hall on the NJ boards. Post-Game Talk: - We are the ones who blow leads

NJ posters saying....
"I’m ready to see him go"
"How many bums are on this roster?​
Hayden, hall, palmieri, subban, Schneider, wood"
"If they want to send a message how about Bratt in and Hall as a healthy scratch next game"
"Hall and Palms played so so dumb tonight. Especially in the third when they were needed most."
"Predictions on the return for Hall?
If he continues to play like this , hopefully he doesn’t."
"Look in a mirror Taylor, you guys let the rookie do all the heavy lifting tonight."
"Hall does not deserve 10+ million a year."
"I was militantly on the sign Hall train to start the season, but A) I don't think he is likely to sign and B) I think we might be better off."
"I can’t believe that I used to think that a Hall (resigned) for Johnny Hockey trade was a no go as a devils fan . I’d make that trade now so fast ...."
"Trade please. How about ......... tomorrow?"

People who want Hall back here.... careful what you wish for. I remember the same frustrations with this player here the first go around. Things havent changed much it seems.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Looks like a lot of disappointment with Hall on the NJ boards. Post-Game Talk: - We are the ones who blow leads

NJ posters saying....
"If they want to send a message how about Bratt in and Hall as a healthy scratch next game"
"Hall and Palms played so so dumb tonight. Especially in the third when they were needed most."
"Look in a mirror Taylor, you guys let the rookie do all the heavy lifting tonight."
"I was militantly on the sign Hall train to start the season, but A) I don't think he is likely to sign and B) I think we might be better off."
"I can’t believe that I used to think that a Hall (resigned) for Johnny Hockey trade was a no go as a devils fan . I’d make that trade now so fast ...."

People who want Hall back here.... careful what you wish for. I remember the same frustrations with this player here the first go around. Things havent changed much it seems.

People say the same stuff about Nugent Hopkins here now and even a year ago people were talking like that about Leon Draisaitl (until he shut them up by going on a giant tear).

NJ has the same problem Edmonton had ... they got two 1st overall picks that aren't really traditionally dominant 1st overalls and that's going to cause a rebuild like that to sputter.

And then people get pissed off because they were expecting a super talented team but they don't really have that.

Hischier and Hughes are decent players but they're not even in that Matthews/Tavares tier, let alone McDavid/Crosby.

Making decisions based on raw emotion is stupid.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

NJ posters saying....

Hall wouldn’t be our best player anymore. He’d be our 3rd best player. He would also give us two deadly scoring lines.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He would be like the Kessel to our Crosby/Malkin

Yeah pretty much an apt analogy.

A 60 point forward added to the Oilers 2nd line who can drive the line rather than having to be spoon fed that offence even makes the Oilers a consistent playoff team that gets in fairly easily I think.

The pressure would come off the 3rd/4th lines too I think, with other teams exhausted from defending the McDavid-Drai line + Hall and RNH line for 42-44 minutes a night, it would open the door for the 3rd/4th line to cash in on some garbage goals against teams that are worn down.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

NJ posters saying....

Hall was fine. We just wanted him to lead us to the promise land (well, atleast playoffs) while trying to support one of the worst defences in the league.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hall was fine. We just wanted him to lead us to the promise land (well, atleast playoffs) while trying to support one of the worst defences in the league.

Awful goaltending too. I don't understand why rebuilding teams that expect results don't invest much in goaltending.

New Jersey for example they knew full well Schneider was washed up going into this season and they could have signed Robin Lehner or something but opted to cheap out in net.

Bad idea. Unless your no.1 overalls are instant Matthews/Stamkos/Draisaitl tier players at least you're going to get into trouble.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Awful goaltending too. I don't understand why rebuilding teams that expect results don't invest much in goaltending.

New Jersey for example they knew full well Schneider was washed up going into this season and they could have signed Robin Lehner or something but opted to cheap out in net.

Bad idea. Unless your no.1 overalls are instant Matthews/Stamkos/Draisaitl tier players at least you're going to get into trouble.

IMO, we'd be lucky as shit if Hall reconsiders this broken franchise. That being said, I'd welcome him back.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
IMO, we'd be lucky as **** if Hall reconsiders this broken franchise. That being said, I'd welcome him back.

People get too caught up on this board in franchise tags.

The NHL is the wonkiest league in pro sports, things can turn very quickly for any franchise.

Colorado is two years removed from having the worst NHL season in modern NHL history, now they're arguably the best team in the league.

St. Louis won a Cup despite being in lottery position 5 1/2 months earlier.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Well, Shero was known for a few things before his NJ gig:

1. Loyalty (to a fault) to bad coaches
2. Getting all the big pieces together but not being able to tweak a roster successfully
3. Not being able to strengthen the goalie position

These things got him fired in his previous job so it’s not a surprise they’re rearing their ugly heads again.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Random thought.

What does HFOil think of Jean-Gabriel Pageau as a 3C?

He’s 26 on an expiring deal with Ottawa worth 3.1M AAV.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Getting Ottawa's 2nd + pretty much anything would be a great return for Puljujarvi. The Sens 2nd is almost certainly going to be 32nd overall, so we'd basically be getting a 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad