Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don’t think there’s any chance that happens.

Archibald was their main PKer with Sheahan. Expect an offensive black hole that can PK like Cave over guys like Yam or McLeod.
They do have 6 other guys on the current roster that have PK'd this year.

Granted I rather not have LD on there, that still leaves 5 others.

At the same time I don't know that I'd want Mcleod or KY up at this point. Let them stay down there for a couple months and get some confidence.

Maybe Currie?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
To be perfectly honest, if Puljujarvi wasn't such a stubborn ass he probably would be getting good minutes up here now.
Pretty much what was said all summer. Guy should've signed his qualifying offer and he either would've had a shot with very good players to boost his value for a trade or he would've been waived and gotten his wish anyway.

Heck even now, he should just say he'll sign and come over

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Pretty much what was said all summer. Guy should've signed his qualifying offer and he either would've had a shot with very good players to boost his value for a trade or he would've been waived and gotten his wish anyway.

Heck even now, he should just say he'll sign and come over

Lucic > JP

Reactions: Critical I

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think it's safe to assume he's done with the team/guys in the room at this point, though his stubbornness hasn't really helped him.

He pretty much would be playing on the second line right now

Puljujarvi RNH Neal

If he hadn't been stupid.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I really can't wrap my head around the Gudbranson deal.

First and foremost ANA is usually a team with a budget, so they add 4mil in this deal? Actually 4.5mil in actual dollars.

I could see if PIT retained or you got a pick back or heck even if Gudbranson only had one year left. Just seems like a very awful trade.

Good on PIT though.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Give Yam a chance on that 2nd line. Why not.

He's gonna get a look there sooner than later if this keeps up. I think they want to give him a bit more time in the AHL, but I think the concept of leaving him down there all year is starting to fizzle out. He's gonna get called up at some point this season.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The growth of McDrai. Better guys on D. Could see Hall playing on both PP units. What makes people think it would be the same from a roster he was on years ago?

I think he would elevate Hopkins as well, who does ZILCH ES in creating a lot of opportunities. Hall would drive that line and RNH would be a good compliment to him.

I also think we can be a really good team trying to get a good 2nd liner with skill somewhere for less than what Hall would want. RNH needs help
I don't disagree that RNH needs help. He just doesn't require a high level asset like Hall for 'help'. It would be a waste of assets to use Hall in that role. The same reason why it makes little sense splitting up 'McDrai' for the sake of RNH.

Hall is a high level offensive forward. He is at the top of his game when he's the alpha on a team's offense. As a secondary forward his game would struggle. Production would diminish.

In regards to the PP, adding Hall to the unit would mean someone comes off of it. This means their production on the man advantage is immediately zero. We have one unit.

Adding Taylor Hall would likely require us to take food off of McDrai's plate at both 5v5 and on the PP. It would require us to split up the PP units and disperse time differently. It would force us to continue spending little on personnel in the bottom six, which as we can see currently is a problem when discussing offensive depth. The worst part of all is our ability to hold onto players who earn raises moving forward.

He screws up the payroll.

The only argument for trading for him is that he's good. And no one is arguing against that. Just that he wouldn't be the best possible version of himself here, but we'd be paying for it.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
More like he'd be playing with Khaira-Sheahan-Puljujarvi which I'm sure wouldn't effect his play, at all.

If you can't outplay a Jurco (AHL player) for a top 6 spot, not sure what to tell ya.

But likely he would have gotten his shot in the top 6 looking at how things are shaking out.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
They do have 6 other guys on the current roster that have PK'd this year.

Granted I rather not have LD on there, that still leaves 5 others.

At the same time I don't know that I'd want Mcleod or KY up at this point. Let them stay down there for a couple months and get some confidence.

Maybe Currie?

I don't disagree. To me they've got four very capable PKers in Sheahan, Archibald(Granlund can sub in here while he's out), RNH and Kassian(has statistically been the best PKer for the past few seasons). Then you've got Drai and surely there's one other player that could do it in a pinch if needed without keeping a black hole like Khaira or Granlund in the lineup.

I'd love for Currie to get a chance. He showed well last season and is probably the closest player in the system to Archibald, but Tipp seems to love his useless role players.

I'll be absolutely shocked if it isn't Cave getting called up.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Would pulju get perlini?

Pretty easily, I think. Bowman hasn’t been high on Perlini at all during Brandon’s tenure there.
Perlini still has a decent amount of upside if he can get his stuff together. He can be a Teddy Purcell type, flaws and all.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Pretty easily, I think. Bowman hasn’t been high on Perlini at all during Brandon’s tenure there.
Perlini still has a decent amount of upside if he can get his stuff together. He can be a Teddy Purcell type, flaws and all.

I'd give it a shot. He's still relatively young and already has 4 double digit goal seasons.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Perlini would work well on that second line. Not a fan of the guy, but the two things he has would be speed to burn and a shot. He’d be better than whatever Chiasson is doing.
This is exactly what he is. Anyone thinking that he's a realistic option for the bottom six doesn't realize this is a player who offers nothing when he's not producing. And he does that often. Drake Caggiula is pushing him out of a roster spot.

As a reclamation project at the cost of a late pick I'd be fine with trying him out, but he'd be right there with Jurco facing a waiver demotion.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Want to take this moment to point out something I noticed today on CapFriendly.

Kris Russell had a ten team NTC trade list kick in this season. 15 team list next season.

We’re stuck with him until the end.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Want to take this moment to point out something I noticed today on CapFriendly.

Kris Russell had a ten team NTC trade list kick in this season. 15 team list next season.

We’re stuck with him until the end.

He's honestly not a bad player, people who think Larsson is miles better are kidding themselves.

Russell has somewhat less ability but more hustle and general smarts than Larsson.

When Larsson makes a mistake they're often of the "not even covering anyone" variety.

Especially when he's allowed to play his correct side, Russell is fine.

But past that after bonuses his remaining salary for next year is like 1.5 million or something. The Oilers could move that after July 1 if they really want without much fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad