Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Caggiula would 100% get 20 goals playing with McDrai

Literally anyone could get 20 goals in a full season next to those 2, and cagguila brings nothing that kassian doesn’t do better. Demoting kass to put cagguila there would be a downgrade at worst, and a sideways move at best. Cags had chances with our elite players, and was never anything more than below average.

I liked him as an energy guy, but he brings nothing this team needs right now.

There are lots of oilers I’d like back, but he’s not on that list. The only reason the trade angers me is because the extra cap we took on for no reason. Cagguila was just another bad player on an awful oilers team.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Definitely a guy I would look at, maybe a swap of depth forwards. Granlund for Perlini? I'm pretty sure Perlini had his best seasons playing for Tippett

His best year was 2017-18 and Tippett was gone but he had a decent year in Tips last year.

2017-18
6.png
Arizona Coyotes
NHL 7417133028-2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Bottom line he would be a great addition to our bottom 6. He is only 23 years old as well and so on a controlled contract for a long time and this year his deal is very cheap. Maybe Holland can squeeze a conditional 1st (which would start as a 2nd) for Puljujarvi plus Perlini. Id be all over that.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
McDavid / Drai / Kassian
Neal / RNH / Nygaard
Chiasson / Pageau / Gagner
Granlund / Sheahan / Archibald

Khaira / Russell

Trade for Pageau. The second line is still a bit rough. Would rather have a better option than Nygaard.

RNH is hitting a lot of posts. He will turn around.

THIS is the route to go. I'm not sure i'd trade Kris Russell though (i think he means more to the team than he appears to, if that's what you meant). Trade for a guy (on the cheap) who's shown some offensive flash that has a chance to flourish under a different environment. But the org has to give him sound quality opportunity to succeed. Smartly look for that guy other orgs in the past have picked up and developed into a good player (Marty St.Louis, Will Karlsson, Justin Williams etc etc). Key word is DEVELOP though.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
The only difference of note would be Strome, and he wasn’t producing here like he has since he was traded. Cagguila doesn’t move the needle and is more of the same garbage we have in the bottom 6 without the elite pk ability.

Not that I wouldn’t like strome back, but I don’t see that group being much better, especially with the wingers we’d have to offer strome. That second line is a big issue as well.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I rather have manning than cags right now.

Small sample size but he has given us decent minutes in the third pairing

Reactions: Oilhawks

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Pens fan here. Any interest in Nick Bjugstad?

He certainly hasn't been bad for the Penguins, but they need cap space. I understand that Edmonton is up there in cap too, but if he's someone that'd interest the Oilers I'm sure they'd find a way to make it work.

And I came here instead of the main trade board, because that place sucks.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
His best year was 2017-18 and Tippett was gone but he had a decent year in Tips last year.

2017-18
6.png
Arizona Coyotes
NHL 7417133028-2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bottom line he would be a great addition to our bottom 6. He is only 23 years old as well and so on a controlled contract for a long time and this year his deal is very cheap. Maybe Holland can squeeze a conditional 1st (which would start as a 2nd) for Puljujarvi plus Perlini. Id be all over that.
You don't trade Puljujarvi for a guy who the team is letting find his own trade, and I think Perlini skates pretty well and has a decent 2-way game, I see a depth player for depth player swap myself.

Honestly, my ideal would be Khaira for Perlini, but who knows what the Hawks are looking for.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Pens fan here. Any interest in Nick Bjugstad?

He certainly hasn't been bad for the Penguins, but they need cap space. I understand that Edmonton is up there in cap too, but if he's someone that'd interest the Oilers I'm sure they'd find a way to make it work.

And I came here instead of the main trade board, because that place sucks.
He's an interesting name, the extra year makes it a bit tougher, though it would improve the center depth a bit for sure.

When is he due back from IR (CapFriendly has him there) and what are the Pens looking for in return?

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
He's an interesting name, the extra year makes it a bit tougher, though it would improve the center depth a bit for sure.

When is he due back from IR (CapFriendly has him there) and what are the Pens looking for in return?

He'll likely be back this Saturday. And the Pens, at this point, are probably just looking for cap space. As a Pens fan, I'd love to get Puljujarvi. More realistically, I think something like a pick and Archibald could do it.

Verdadplus

Sep 29, 2017
Now is the time to trade Nurse
Toronto is the obvious partner
His value never higher, or more over-rated
Solve the endless agony of no talent wingers in one transaction
Hall will never return to Edmonton

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Now is the time to trade Nurse
Toronto is the obvious partner
His value never higher, or more over-rated
Solve the endless agony of no talent wingers in one transaction
Hall will never return to Edmonton

Nurse you keep. Agree with you about Hall. Too expensive and injured a lot.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You don't trade Puljujarvi for a guy who the team is letting find his own trade, and I think Perlini skates pretty well and has a decent 2-way game, I see a depth player for depth player swap myself.

Honestly, my ideal would be Khaira for Perlini, but who knows what the Hawks are looking for.

If we got a first from Chicago and Perlini for Puljujarvi I would be all over that, it is a deep draft this year and Perlini could be the key to unlocking one of our bottom 6 lines. If it were a player for player swap Khaira would be perfect for us but he is playing so bad right now I dont think the Hawks even dream of it.

The Hawks RD is pretty bad and they have only 1 RD with Seabrooke, maybe they would look at a guy like Matt Benning to tighten up their bottom pair of D. That said we need RD as it is ourselves as we already have Russell playing his off side and Chicago is tight to the cap so that trade wouldn't work for Chicago.

The Hawks are probably looking for a middling prospect or a draft pick. Either way getting Perlini at near league minimum salary would be a trade I hope we can pull off as it would be a huge help for our bottom 6

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If we got a first from Chicago and Perlini for Puljujarvi I would be all over that, it is a deep draft this year and Perlini could be the key to unlocking one of our bottom 6 lines. If it were a player for player swap Khaira would be perfect for us but he is playing so bad right now I dont think the Hawks even dream of it.

The Hawks RD is pretty bad and they have only 1 RD with Seabrooke, maybe they would look at a guy like Matt Benning to tighten up their bottom pair of D. That said we need RD as it is ourselves as we already have Russell playing his off side and Chicago is tight to the cap so that trade wouldn't work for Chicago.

The Hawks are probably looking for a middling prospect or a draft pick. Either way getting Perlini at near league minimum salary would be a trade I hope we can pull off as it would be a huge help for our bottom 6
Apologies, missed the first, I thought it was straight up, I would also take that, even if it was top-5 protected. I would love to move Benning, but yeah the state of the RHD doesn't make that manageable.

Agreed with you on Perlini, I think he would have a positive impact on the bottom-6.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Something is going to have to give with the defense.

Klef is signed long term. I expect that the team will sign Darnell long term as well. This locks up your 1LD and 2LD.

That leaves one spot on the L defense for Broberg and Samorukov (and Lagesson and Jones).

Right side is less impressive. Larsson comes off the books after next year.

Bear and Bouchard are controlled for awhile yet.

Russell and Benning are currently on the roster but will probably be moved unless you trade a D prospect.

Certainly the team has the depth to trade a D prospect and JP for a decent winger.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Russell for a pick/prospect and Lagesson replaces him once Persson is healthy. That's 3M of cap space for forward help.

Nurse-Bear
Kelf-Persson
Lagesson-Benning

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Something is going to have to give with the defense.

Klef is signed long term. I expect that the team will sign Darnell long term as well. This locks up your 1LD and 2LD.

That leaves one spot on the L defense for Broberg and Samorukov (and Lagesson and Jones).

Right side is less impressive. Larsson comes off the books after next year.

Bear and Bouchard are controlled for awhile yet.

Russell and Benning are currently on the roster but will probably be moved unless you trade a D prospect.

Certainly the team has the depth to trade a D prospect and JP for a decent winger.
I think at some point we see a d prospect dealt. Holland is just waiting to see what he has before potentially moving someone that is better than he first thought.

Thank god he didn't move a guy like Bear this summer who is now playing 21 minutes a night.

Reactions: gordonhught
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad