Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Maybe it's time to move on from Larsson(summer) and Russell(now), that cap-space could be better spent at 3C and goal.

GdMNt58.png

Getting Lagesson some games would help with progressing things, but Tippett is sticking with Manning for now.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Crazy I know buuuuuut ...

Taylor Hall
Wayne Simmonds @1.5 mill retained
Prospect

for

Adam Larsson
Jesse Puljujarvi
James Neal
EDM 1st (depends on Oilers making playoffs)

Can't hate at all on what James Neal brings he's been great and I'd like to keep him, but this trade gives us the salary flexibility to sign Hall.

Drai McDavid Kassian
Hall RNH Simmonds

Or

RNH McDavid Simmonds
Hall Draisaitl Kassian

You got two lines that can score 5 on 5 now.

ManicTouch

Nov 30, 2015
Haas 6 games or so
This is not true, all he said is that if it look's like he's not gonna make it in the NHL he's coming back. He didn't set a number for the most games he'd play in the minors.
The number 6 is coming from an interview, where it was told that the coaches sent him down for 6 games to spark his offense a bit. (Source: En stage de perfectionnement dans les ligues mineures)
Also here's the article translated:
It is 9:15 p.m. Sunday evening in Switzerland, eight hours less for Gaëtan Haas. As a green wave sweeps away the certainties of his native Helvetia, the Biel man is about to embark. His journey took him from Edmonton to Bakersfield, a city of 380,000 people located 150 km north of Los Angeles. "I'm being offered a two-week vacation in California." A laugh, a little sarcastic, punctuates his sentence through the circuits of his cell phone.

On Saturday morning, the 27-year-old international centre learned that he was assigned to AHL, the second tier of North American hockey, after playing five of the Edmonton Oilers' first nine games of the season (1 assistant).

"Healthy scratch."
The episode is a summary of the harshness of hockey from there. Before facing the Detroit RedWings at home on Friday night, Haas had suffered three "healthy scratches", literally "healthy course", a dry, barbaric term for supernumerary players for no particular reason. "This game even went pretty well for me," he says.

Rich with this certainty, he showed up Saturday at Rogers Place for morning training. "When I arrived at the rink, coach Dave Tippett called me into his office, general manager Ken Holland was also present. They informed me that I was sent to Bakersfield for six matches," Haas said. "Overall, they said that I was doing a good job, that they appreciated my defensive behaviour. They then explained to me that they were now waiting for their third and fourth lines to start scoring goals, too, so that they could be productive."

A promise of ice cream
The idea: to prevent a slowdown in the frenetic pace of star strikers Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl and James Neal. Of which act. The Biel's assignment to the floor below is offset by Sam Gagner's recall, attacking in 813 games and 450 points in the NHL, a winger with a contract worth 3.15 million this season. Considered a brake on the game at a high speed by the new Edmonton Oilers management, the 30-year-old Canadian was first sent to Bakersfield, where he just scored 2 goals and 2 assists in four games.

Winning must bring his verve in front of the Oilers' opponents' nets, Haas must find his own with the Condors, that's the deal. "If I'm sent to AHL, it's to have a lot of ice, especially on the power play, and to regain confidence in my attacking game," observes the Biel man. "This passage in minor leagues can be positive for me, for the future, that's how I take it."

Day by day, Haas is learning a new way of approaching human relations in his sport, rites that are far removed from the standards of the Swiss National League, where the player is king. "The NHL is another world, where we are just names on jerseys," he says. He supports by example: "The first time I was traced for a game, I was informed shortly before I got on the ice, when I was normally preparing for the warm-up. There was no discussion with the coach, it's not the type in North America."

Full experience
Under contract with the CP Berne in our latitudes, Haas has a pleasant lifeline. The leaders of the Alberta franchise are fully aware of this. A little, still, they handle the Haas file with tact. "I'm going to AHL for six games, that's what's planned, there's nothing else to understand about my situation," he says. "Then it's North American hockey, where everything goes very fast." In either direction. An injury, a phase of misfortune and the Oilers repatriated him. Or not. "My girlfriend was supposed to meet me in Edmonton this week. Finally, she will come to California," he explains.

In its ultimate form, hockey becomes business, the NHL its playground on a continental, global scale. Dollars, contracts, exchanges, transactions, the puck turns day and night. "Whatever happens, I will be able to say that I will have lived the North American experience to the fullest, an experience I greatly appreciate." Rock'n' roll!

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
In all honesty. The Oilers need some serious help on the second line. Bottom 9 is absolute trash and does nothing for scoring. Gotta bring in Taylor Hall if we want to see any sort of secondary scoring.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
The only person that has made Adam Larsson expendable is Adam Larsson.
Don't discount what Bear is accomplishing before our eyes...small sample for sure, and even Jone's good stretch there for a a bit showed that it doesn't always stick. That being said, Bear looks better than Jones did right now, and seems to be getting better with more difficult competition. If he can continue with this progression and success as well as sustain it... well no offense Larsson.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
In all honesty. The Oilers need some serious help on the second line. Bottom 9 is absolute trash and does nothing for scoring. Gotta bring in Taylor Hall if we want to see any sort of secondary scoring.
Gagner added some jump last night to the bottom 6, had 3 shots. Khaira/Granlund/Russell all had bagels. Need a different mix, agreed.

Nuge and Neal have some decent chemistry, they have played a few really good games together, just nothing going in. Neal/Nuge hit, what, 4 or 5 posts in the last week.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Hall has 1 goal this season.
Are we sure we want to lock up 10M in him.
Holland needs to be smart.

Reactions: Kolja

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Taylor Hall
Prospect

for

Adam Larsson
Jesse Puljujarvi
James Neal

Can't hate at all on what James Neal brings he's been great and I'd like to keep him, but this trade gives us the salary flexibility to sign Hall.

Drai McDavid Kassian
Hall RNH Simmonds

Or

RNH McDavid Simmonds
Hall Draisaitl Kassian

Neal has more points than Hall and Simmonds combined. In fact he has more goals than the two combined. No thank you

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
The NHL is going to figure a way to shut down our top line and then were going to end up being bottom feeders again. If we can pick up Hall right now that would make me feel better about the team

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The NHL is going to figure a way to shut down our top line and then were going to end up being bottom feeders again. If we can pick up Hall right now that would make me feel better about the team
There’s no figuring out how to stop McDavid and Drai. They are the best duo in the nhl. I agree depth is an issue but their is no shutting them down. What we just went through in the Detroit, Winnipeg, wild games is the worst it will ever get with these players.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Imagine if Chia didnt go full Pejorative Slur last season

Draisailt - McDavid - Caggiula
Chiasson - RNH - Neal
Nygard - Strome - Kassian
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald

Already looking much better.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Imagine if Chia didnt go full ****** last season

Draisailt - McDavid - Caggiula
Chiasson - RNH - Neal
Nygard - Strome - Kassian
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald

Already looking much better.

The only difference of note would be Strome, and he wasn’t producing here like he has since he was traded. Cagguila doesn’t move the needle and is more of the same garbage we have in the bottom 6 without the elite pk ability.

Not that I wouldn’t like strome back, but I don’t see that group being much better, especially with the wingers we’d have to offer strome. That second line is a big issue as well.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Gagner added some jump last night to the bottom 6, had 3 shots. Khaira/Granlund/Russell all had bagels. Need a different mix, agreed.

Nuge and Neal have some decent chemistry, they have played a few really good games together, just nothing going in. Neal/Nuge hit, what, 4 or 5 posts in the last week.

What would you think of Kreider there? The only problem is Neal and Kreider are both Left Wingers

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
The only difference of note would be Strome, and he wasn’t producing here like he has since he was traded. Cagguila doesn’t move the needle and is more of the same garbage we have in the bottom 6 without the elite pk ability.

Not that I wouldn’t like strome back, but I don’t see that group being much better, especially with the wingers we’d have to offer strome. That second line is a big issue as well.

Caggiula would 100% get 20 goals playing with McDrai

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
What would you think of Kreider there? The only problem is Neal and Kreider are both Left Wingers
Would love Kreider. I would then push Neal to LW with Connor and Drai, then run Kreider-Nuge-Kassian/Chiasson/Gagner variant

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Would love Kreider. I would then push Neal to LW with Connor and Drai, then run Kreider-Nuge-Kassian/Chiasson/Gagner variant

Good point u have there. Kreider and Kassian with Nuge would work.
Do you have Kenny's cell phone number? Lets advise him on that. I just want more outta Nuge. He needs to bring more

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
They don't need an elite forward on the 2nd line. What they need is to yank Chiasson and put somebody with some semblance of speed and hands on that line. Hell, I'd settle for Gagner or Jurco. The RNH/Neal combo was playing well before Chiasson destroyed all that by getting in the way.

As far as trade is concerned, I'd make a strong push for Zucker. He'd be a great fit on the Nuge line. The problem is that NTC and fitting the salary in. I'd offer 1st+Pulju for him. A bit steep but he's in his prime and signed for several years so it's a short and long term solution

Last edited:
Reactions: NeutralFan888

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

Taylor Hall
Prospect

for

Adam Larsson
Jesse Puljujarvi
James Neal

Drai McDavid Kassian
Hall RNH Simmonds

Or

RNH McDavid Simmonds
Hall Draisaitl Kassian

Bad trade for Oil.... guarantee the oil take a step back with this trade.

Reactions: gordonhught

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
McDavid / Drai / Kassian
Neal / RNH / Nygaard
Chiasson / Pageau / Gagner
Granlund / Sheahan / Archibald

Khaira / Russell

Trade for Pageau. The second line is still a bit rough. Would rather have a better option than Nygaard.

RNH is hitting a lot of posts. He will turn around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad