Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Was it Haas or Nygard that said they were willing to go to the AHL, but it would only be for a couple weeks or something?

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Early Season Positives: We have the makings of a well-balanced team.
  • The re-emergence of Neal gives us that bonafide winger that Nuge has sorely needed.
If only Lagesson was given the trust. Nor a chance.

2020 Off-season checklist:
  • Shop around for a quality 3C.

They are delayed in this area about 12 years now. They STILL havnt adressed this need.
Time to set that as main focus. Let wingers and defenders be put aside for a bit. If not McD, leon, Nugey is your answer in the middle. But I think most oilers want all of them in top 6.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
So I tried to find a way to fit in Hall at 10+ and while it is next to impossible with out ripping the team apart here it is with Hall at 9.5 (8 years 12/12/10/10/9/9/7/7)

Benson/Yams McD Drai
Hall RNH Neal
Khaira 3C Chiasson
Benson/Yams 4C 4RW
Marody Gambardella

Nurse (8 mill) Bear (3 mill)
Klefbom Persson (1.25 mill)
Lagesson (1.0 mill) Bouchard
7D

Koskinen
2G

-Larsson -Russell, have to trade for no roster players basicakly

Where 3C = 3 mill, 4C = 950k, 4RW = 800k, 7D 800k, 2G 900k.

Leaves 1.3 mill of space at a 84 mill cap.

Yo u can tweak here or there but I do not see many ways to get it lower than that. Maybe Nurse comes in lower that owuld help. Really the thing that hurts is all the stupid buy outs.

In 2021 on Seattle will boost the cap up like Vegas did and so will new TV deal plus we will have the buy outs gone so there is more room. If we are willing to maybe ice a not as good roster for one year to squeeze Hall in it is possible but is it worth te risk?

dont like, Then we are set back to 2015 again. The needs of bottom 6 scoring, a good 3C, the cap. all is unsolved.
Take a rest Chiarelli.

edit : If you want this come true, Hall has to take a discount, for the privlige of playing with prime McDavid and prime Draisaitl, great chance to lift the wanted cup. I can think of max 6.25 millions$. Better than his last contract. But we have to trade away Neals salary, and actually start to set head focus on the middle. find that damn it good face off winning 3C! Give him the important salary first THEN Hall.

Last edited:

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
he did not sign to play in the AHL

Dec 1st and ir 6 games is what keeps popping

Yes, that’s pretty common knowledge. It’s only been one game, I don’t think it’s worth worrying about right now. They haven’t even fully sorted out the bottom 6 as yet. If he can work on strength a little in the time he’s down there I could see him taking one of the bottom 6 spots back. He’s definitely one of the most skilled bottom 6 players the organization has right now.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Honestly, does it matter? He's too weak. The guy just got thrown around.
I'd rather a guy who back checks and is always fast on the forecheck than slow poke Khaira or do nothing Archiblad. I love how we right players off when the judgement is based off like 5 games where a player plays under 7 minutes each game and yet he somehow has more points than like every bottom 6er on our team right now.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
So you think Hollsnd will ever watch a game and realize his prize Euros are not doing any thing or what... for a smart hockey man he sure does not know how to fill obvious holes child could see

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
So you think Hollsnd will ever watch a game and realize his prize Euros are not doing any thing or what... for a smart hockey man he sure does not know how to fill obvious holes child could see
How are the Euros the problem? I don't see Archibald/Khaira/Kassian/Sheahan/Chiasson providing anything for this team right now.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

His prize Euro's being...? Granlund? Honestly I think they wish they could scratch one of those Canadian boys and get Nygard back healthy.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
What prize euros?

Did you see any of them in the lineup tonight?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I’m hoping that Holland can pull the trigger on a Puljujarvi deal soon. It would be awesome if we could get even an average NHL forward on this squad as I don’t think I have ever seen such an offensively inept bottom 6 in my life :laugh:

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Maybe it's time to move on from Larsson(summer) and Russell(now), that cap-space could be better spent at 3C and goal.

GdMNt58.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad