Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Pens fan here. Any interest in Nick Bjugstad?

He certainly hasn't been bad for the Penguins, but they need cap space. I understand that Edmonton is up there in cap too, but if he's someone that'd interest the Oilers I'm sure they'd find a way to make it work.

And I came here instead of the main trade board, because that place sucks.

Can he play LW? I know that he's a RHS but Neal likes playing the right side. We'd need to move salary in such a trade or in a separate trade.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bjugstad is slow and not very good. Pass.
I'm wondering at what point do Holland and Tippett go away from everyone has to be fast to "let's bring in the best players we can".

Not saying it's Bjustad by any means, but at some point if what we have doesn't work we need to bring in better players. Waiting for perfect fits isn't the answer either. At some point you have to bring in the IQ and Tippett has to adjust his system for certain lines.

Reactions: TB12

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I'm wondering at what point do Holland and Tippett go away from everyone has to be fast to "let's bring in the best players we can".

Not saying it's Bjustad by any means, but at some point if what we have doesn't work we need to bring in better players. Waiting for perfect fits isn't the answer either. At some point you have to bring in the IQ and Tippett has to adjust his system for certain lines.

I think you need to keep 4 strong skaters in the bottom 6. Those 4 need to be able to kill penalties.

After that you go for skill regardless of speed (aka Gagner). The Oilers need one more of those types in the bottom six.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Neal has more points than Hall and Simmonds combined. In fact he has more goals than the two combined. No thank you
Do people actually think a guy on one team performs the same on another? That is baffling. Hall would rack up points on this team compared to NJ

You have to separate the player from the team.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Do people actually think a guy on one team performs the same on another? That is baffling. Hall would rack up points on this team compared to NJ

You have to separate the player from the team.
I think a player produces better when he's given more opportunities to produce offense. When he's iced as a primary scorer and given primary PP opportunity. Like he has in New Jersey.

We've seen Taylor Hall in Edmonton with that same opportunity. His production was less than stellar. What makes you think anything would be different if the plan is for him to fill a second line role?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We need a driver on the 2nd line. RNH is a very well rounded player but he can’t tow a line. We need a winger like a Taylor Hall or someone else to drive the 2nd line and be less reliant on Mcdrai to produce all of the offense

Reactions: frag2

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We need a driver on the 2nd line. RNH is a very well rounded player but he can’t tow a line. We need a winger like a Taylor Hall or someone else to drive the 2nd line and be less reliant on Mcdrai to produce all of the offense

Pretty much it.

Or at least another 15-20 goal guy that can score reliably from the 2nd line LW spot at least mainly from 5v5 play.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Pretty much it.

Or at least another 15-20 goal guy that can score reliably from the 2nd line LW spot at least mainly from 5v5 play.
I think that will be a trade target beginning in mid-to-late November when there's some separation in the standings.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Do we? Or do we just need another 2nd line caliber player that is an above average skater? Not every team has a line driver for every scoring line. A guy like Zucker would be a good fit IMO.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I think a player produces better when he's given more opportunities to produce offense. When he's iced as a primary scorer and given primary PP opportunity. Like he has in New Jersey.

We've seen Taylor Hall in Edmonton with that same opportunity. His production was less than stellar. What makes you think anything would be different if the plan is for him to fill a second line role?
The growth of McDrai. Better guys on D. Could see Hall playing on both PP units. What makes people think it would be the same from a roster he was on years ago?

I think he would elevate Hopkins as well, who does ZILCH ES in creating a lot of opportunities. Hall would drive that line and RNH would be a good compliment to him.

I also think we can be a really good team trying to get a good 2nd liner with skill somewhere for less than what Hall would want. RNH needs help

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Pens able to move Gudbranson for 7th warm body

Able to get rid of his 2 years 4 mill for nothing

Holland out here though not able to add 3C or a couple real wingers because he is “up against the cap”

Makes you think

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Do we? Or do we just need another 2nd line caliber player that is an above average skater? Not every team has a line driver for every scoring line. A guy like Zucker would be a good fit IMO.
Ideally, we really need a guy like Zucker. Said it a few times. Would love him here.

Almost went to CGY.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
This team needs a 3C in the worst way right now. I wonder if they give Marody a look at some point, he can’t be worse than Granlund and if his PK min are a must, put him on the 4th line with Sheahan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad