Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
They're the same tier of player.

Russell was better than Larsson last year.
Klefbom has never looked as bad with Larsson as he has with Russel. At least Larsson knew his role when he was a pairing with him be an option for a pass for room and give it back to him so he can make a better passing play instead of the dump the puck 20 feet in the air to the neutral zone or dump off glass into neutral zone that Russel does every single game.

Reactions: ujju2

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Would anyone bite on Nick Ritchie or Lawson Crouse for Pulju?
Puljujarvi should be moved in a deal for a player who either fills the 2LW or 3C role. Depth wingers can be addressed through our farm system and via free agency.

It'd be nice if Khaira used his body as much as those guys do though.

Another guy who fits that mold who'd be an interesting add is Marcus Foligno.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I really can't wrap my head around the Gudbranson deal.

First and foremost ANA is usually a team with a budget, so they add 4mil in this deal? Actually 4.5mil in actual dollars.

I could see if PIT retained or you got a pick back or heck even if Gudbranson only had one year left. Just seems like a very awful trade.

Good on PIT though.
Manson just got injured, I believe.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Klefbom has never looked as bad with Larsson as he has with Russel. At least Larsson knew his role when he was a pairing with him be an option for a pass for room and give it back to him so he can make a better passing play instead of the dump the puck 20 feet in the air to the neutral zone or dump off glass into neutral zone that Russel does every single game.

Russell is being played on his off-side, we know that causes problems, it's not really a fair way to judge the player.

And Adam Larsson was horrific with every D partner last year. You don't end up a -28 rating by accident.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Russell is being played on his off-side, we know that causes problems, it's not really a fair way to judge the player.

And Adam Larsson was horrific with every D partner last year. You don't end up a -28 rating by accident.
Was +10, +21 and +15 the 3 years before that if we are really gonna play the +- game.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Was +10, +21 and +15 the 3 years before that if we are really gonna play the +- game.

He hasn't been good here for a while.

Lets be honest, it's really Klefbom that stirs the drink here, and now finally Nurse and Bear are growing into the role of being that tier of player too.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I was just thinking in terms of a cap dump if we had to. I’d keep Russell over Larsson any day of the week.

What? For one Larson wouldn’t be a cap dump, many teams would take him in there top 4 for his low cap hit.

I don’t get all the Larsson bashing in here, I get he wasn’t great last year but he literally played 1 game this year, I’d swear he’s played every game the way everyone is jumping on him.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
He hasn't been good here for a while.

Lets be honest, it's really Klefbom that stirs the drink here, and now finally Nurse and Bear are growing into the role of being that tier of player too.
Didn't say it wasn't Klefbom but clearly Larsson is a better option as a partner and 1 bad year for plus minus where he played a bunch of time with an over his head Jones and with a lineup that had at a point no Russel/Klefbom of course his plus minus would look bad.

Reactions: ujju2

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Want to take this moment to point out something I noticed today on CapFriendly.

Kris Russell had a ten team NTC trade list kick in this season. 15 team list next season.

We’re stuck with him until the end.

This isnt a negative.
Russell has his flaws but his versatility is a major bonus in the event of an injury.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Jones, Larsson, Puljujarvi, Benson, Gagner and a mid round pick for a extended Hall and Vatanen. If they want a goalie prospect throw Starrett in there instead of Benson.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I'm not ready to see us part with Larsson for a while yet. Amongst the many intangibles he brings to our little table, he's just one mean sob. He's underrated in that regard. Nurse is tough, but Larsson is often the one giving all the nasty hacks, elbows, shivers and slashes to the other teams forwards and stars. Not to mention the special treatment he always gives to Gaudreau. That's a defenceman you need in the playoffs, and I don't see that really anywhere else on our blueline (except for Manning) or in our pipeline. You still needs some sand, man.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
You have to be the ultimate optimist to consider what Russell is doing on the second pairing right now a major bonus haha.

Russell is obviously better on the left side but the point being that he offers short term flexibility because he can play the right side.
No other dman on this team can do that to the extent that Russell can.

Like him or not (and I think the negatives are way over blown) he brings value to this team.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Garrioch says Sens looking at JP. We want a 2nd and a good prospect. Screw the 2nd rounder. Give us Logan Brown please

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Jones, Larsson, Puljujarvi, Benson, Gagner and a mid round pick for a extended Hall and Vatanen. If they want a goalie prospect throw Starrett in there instead of Benson.
No way they'd do that without us giving up at least one first rounder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad